• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

EA announces new MoH game

It's not just the setting, literally everything looks exactly like MW2. The animations, the over-the-top action, the special forces theme, the cutscenes, the many explosions, the weapons, the movement mechanics... I could go on and on. It's a carbon copy of MW2. The singleplayer looks pretty good in a shooter-on-rails kinds of way, but if they also copied MW2's multiplayer (no dedicated servers, P2P etc), this game will be a failure. If it doesn't, its multiplayer will be superior to MW2's. We'll see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not just the setting, literally everything looks exactly like MW2. The animations, the over-the-top action, the animations, the special forces theme, the cutscenes, the many explosions, the weapons, the movement mechanics... I could go on and on. It's a carbon copy of MW2. The singleplayer looks pretty good in a shooter-on-rails kinds of way, but if they also copied MW2's multiplayer (no dedicated servers, P2P etc), this game will be a failure. If it doesn't, its multiplayer will be superior to MW2's. We'll see.
I kinda doubt that a boring debut trailer where you just see soldiers reading a book in the baracks would attract much publicity. Generating publicity was obviously the point of this trailer that's why theres much action going on. I see your point @over the top action but well what do you expect, it's not a simulation or anything. As for the multiplayer, it probably won't be a failure with DICE developing it.

Upvote 0
Apparently, only half-finished bug ridden barely playable "realism" games can be considered good in this forum.

Yeah, nice straw man, dude.

Nowhere did I say it looks bad. I just shared my thoughts on the trailer, and pointed out that it looks a lot like MW2. Which is true, don't you think? The SP could be good. But if they take the MP in the same direction as MW2's... well, that would be bad, for obvious reasons.

Upvote 0
It's not just the setting, literally everything looks exactly like MW2. The animations, the over-the-top action, the animations, the special forces theme, the cutscenes, the many explosions, the weapons, the movement mechanics... I could go on and on. It's a carbon copy of MW2. The singleplayer looks pretty good in a shooter-on-rails kinds of way, but if they also copied MW2's multiplayer (no dedicated servers, P2P etc), this game will be a failure. If it doesn't, its multiplayer will be superior to MW2's. We'll see.

I agree.

The graphics don't look that good either. At least the textures and faces.

It does seem like they copied CoD MW. The night vision/lasers, the AH-64 (AC-130), ect.

Then again, those ideas were never original.

It mainly seems like a copy because they jumped to modern warfare with a similar theme, and added in crazy over the top action. This is what MW introduced to CoD.

I've really only played Medal of Honor Airborne, and there were no crazy action scenes it that.

That being said, assuming it runs good and is bug free, it looks like a decent shooter.

Upvote 0