• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

EA announces new MoH game

The best COD yet..

The best COD yet..

[url]http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1051126p1.html[/URL]

I'll reverse troll this now, AGAIN MODERN WARFARE?!?

And all you COD fanboys would buy it even if it was the same game only with enhanced graphics and a story mode capable of producing no more then a meager 3-8 hours of game play. I see it now.. The stores are swamped with EA's new COD smash hit. Its even better selling then the last. I see millions of over weight or unattractive (Or possibly both in a lot of cases) highly ineligible teens all the way up to middle aged men (who should have already found something better to do in the first place at that time in there lies). All of them riddled with emotional and generally mental (of course can't forget physical) problems. Which they should be paying there attention to instead of trying to play a video game for the one purpose to find other boys, young men, or adults to find a useless meaningless unhealthy and generally anti-progressive relationship/companionship. To allow them to continue to lead a very dis-happy dis-fulfilling and generally Un-achieved life. Usually including a few or possibly even all of the following acquiring a (in mostly all cases a full time) low-moderate to possible even moderate paying job, engaging in countless masturbation sessions, enduring a highly countable amount of awkward debatable pleasant sexual sessions with a partner who was chosen more by availability rather then attractiveness intelligence or even trustworthiness, a life time of highly unintelligent unthoughtout purchasing discussions, a failed marriage failing or a generally unhappy dissatisfying marriage, (in most cases multiple failed childhood upbringings for there offspring, a what seems like never ending excruciatingly boring regretful sexually deprived senior years and finally a lonely unimaginably regretful fearful death. Enjoy this amazingly great smash hit fps masterpiece!

Upvote 0
8 years ago, WW2 games were the 'it' thing. Now its 'modern warfare', but thanks to the whole 'War on Terror' its given developers a whole new conflict to explore.

But to be honest I don't know how many more times I can be the 'silent, swift, deadly operator' that topples entire governments and terrorist organizations. Also the name 'Medal of Honor' title is somewhat misleading, considering its been awarded maybe half a dozen times since we invaded Afghanistan in 2001. Also each person awarded was killed in the process, that is unless you woulnd't mind each game having a similar ending to CoD:MW; except you die.

Upvote 0
[url]http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1051126p1.html[/URL]

I'll reverse troll this now, AGAIN MODERN WARFARE?!?
So what? Red Orchestra is doing WW2 again in the same exact setting. COD 4 ripped off Battlefield by going modern warfare and nobody complained about that. Modern Warfare would really be the only logical choice. Anything before war before WW2 dosen't really make for an interesting setting for a video game. The Vietnam War would be great to do but we lost it and that would be terrible for a patriotic game like MOH. I think the Korean War would have made a great MOH game.

Upvote 0
The full beard is mostly a special forces thing. It's badass. Many if not most of the special forces operators grow out their beards, including the Dutch KCT (which is the unit you see in the video Ralfst3r posted, a highly recommended documentary, the full film is on Youtube). Supposedly, the Taliban even calls them "The men with the beards" and **** their pants whenever they're in the area.

However, I've seen quite a lot of pictures of deployed Army soldiers with beards as well, so I guess it's within regulations.

Idiots are attracted to modern warfare since forever for some reason

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The Vietnam War would be great to do but we lost it and that would be terrible for a patriotic game like MOH.

I fail to see the logic behind that statement. America "lost" the Vietnam war, so the soldiers are somehow less worthy of portrayal than the soldiers currently occupying a country that was invaded under poor pretense, and a conflict that will probably end up in just as big a mess?

As for MOH:MW (as I shall call it from now on) - I am already sick of hearing about another sequel to another tired franchise that'll be abused to generate publicity. I'm sure it'll be a perfectly well produced, much hyped and highly rated generic modern shooter experience...

Just because they assume the majority of the target audience have no idea that other areas of conflict exist I really don't see why they can't set a wartime FPS somewhere other than the Western front, Vietnam, or modern times...ffs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I fail to see the logic behind that statement.

The problem would be lack of interest in any major mainstream media and considering how chest thumping games Medal of Honors have always been, it would be bit of a paradox itself.

But it's somewhat similiar with "WW1 is unsuitable for a game"; it would have alot of potential but the lack of americans until later stage of WW1 would make it 'uninteresting' to majority of people and add the fact what they know about the war and it's same old "lol bad game just sitting in a trench" thing. Or Korean war and how 'notorious' it is in terms of media coverage.

Upvote 0
The problem would be lack of interest in any major mainstream media and considering how chest thumping games Medal of Honors have always been, it would be bit of a paradox itself.

But it's somewhat similiar with "WW1 is unsuitable for a game"; it would have alot of potential but the lack of americans until later stage of WW1 would make it 'uninteresting' to majority of people and add the fact what they know about the war and it's same old "lol bad game just sitting in a trench" thing. Or Korean war and how 'notorious' it is in terms of media coverage.

Good points, all.
Don't quite understand (I know it isn't, but) why setting a game during a current conflict that itself is ethically abhorrent is less of a touchy subject.

Upvote 0
And all you COD fanboys would buy it even if it was the same game only with enhanced graphics and a story mode capable of producing no more then a meager 3-8 hours of game play. I see it now.. The stores are swamped with EA's new COD smash hit. Its even better selling then the last. I see millions of over weight or unattractive (Or possibly both in a lot of cases) highly ineligible teens all the way up to middle aged men (who should have already found something better to do in the first place at that time in there lies). All of them riddled with emotional and generally mental (of course can't forget physical) problems. Which they should be paying there attention to instead of trying to play a video game for the one purpose to find other boys, young men, or adults to find a useless meaningless unhealthy and generally anti-progressive relationship/companionship. To allow them to continue to lead a very dis-happy dis-fulfilling and generally Un-achieved life. Usually including a few or possibly even all of the following acquiring a (in mostly all cases a full time) low-moderate to possible even moderate paying job, engaging in countless masturbation sessions, enduring a highly countable amount of awkward debatable pleasant sexual sessions with a partner who was chosen more by availability rather then attractiveness intelligence or even trustworthiness, a life time of highly unintelligent unthoughtout purchasing discussions, a failed marriage failing or a generally unhappy dissatisfying marriage, (in most cases multiple failed childhood upbringings for there offspring, a what seems like never ending excruciatingly boring regretful sexually deprived senior years and finally a lonely unimaginably regretful fearful death. Enjoy this amazingly great smash hit fps masterpiece!

what tells you that im a cod fanboy? :rolleyes:

you shoudl read these forums and bit, most of the guys around here pretty much hate the CoD franchise

@ Ermac, if you didnt notice, i was just joking, taking on that old WW2 AGAIN?!? attitude ;)

Upvote 0
I fail to see the logic behind that statement. America "lost" the Vietnam war, so the soldiers are somehow less worthy of portrayal than the soldiers currently occupying a country that was invaded under poor pretense, and a conflict that will probably end up in just as big a mess?

As for MOH:MW (as I shall call it from now on) - I am already sick of hearing about another sequel to another tired franchise that'll be abused to generate publicity. I'm sure it'll be a perfectly well produced, much hyped and highly rated generic modern shooter experience...

Just because they assume the majority of the target audience have no idea that other areas of conflict exist I really don't see why they can't set a wartime FPS somewhere other than the Western front, Vietnam, or modern times...ffs
It is quite worthy of being portrayed. But as I said, what would the ending be for it? We lost and that wouldin't be good for patriotic game like MOH.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The disproportionate casualty ratios would fit an FPS perfectly ;)

Vietcong, which is probably the only excellent game about that war, ends before the Tet offensive and yet it still has a downer ending: your firebase gets overrun by the VC and NVA with tank support, and after your evacuation, the whole surrounding province falls to Communist control. So in a sense, without compromising authenticity, they used their limited-scope campaign to serve as a microcosm for the war on the whole. You win many personal victories, but you lose strategically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is quite worthy of being portrayed. But as I said, what would the ending be for it? We lost and that wouldin't be good for patriotic game like MOH.

I wasn't aware that there was "winning" going on in Afghanistan...and if it was all about the actual MOH I don't think Afghanistan would be high up on the list of conflicts, having about as many people get awarded the MOH as I have testicles.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree. I just think it's lazy.

Upvote 0