• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

EA announces new MoH game

That last link doesnt load for me so here: http://www.spike.com/event/vga2009/page/world-premieres?video=3305002&epIndex=&viewOption=

Looks like how MW is trying to look. MW is a good looking game for sure but I've never really understood how people go crazy over it. The engine they use is old and they just put tons of effects all over it and it shows. It's like when they take an old actress and put tons of makeup all over her. The animations are always exaggerated as well. While it does look to pull heavily from MW even considering the same subject material I think it looks pretty outstanding. I just hope it plays a little more realistically.

Upvote 0
That last link doesnt load for me so here: [url]http://www.spike.com/event/vga2009/page/world-premieres?video=3305002&epIndex=&viewOption=[/URL]

Looks like how MW is trying to look. MW is a good looking game for sure but I've never really understood how people go crazy over it. The engine they use is old and they just put tons of effects all over it and it shows. It's like when they take an old actress and put tons of makeup all over her. The animations are always exaggerated as well. While it does look to pull heavily from MW even considering the same subject material I think it looks pretty outstanding. I just hope it plays a little more realistically.

doesnt load for me either

Upvote 0
you cant be serious :rolleyes:

I must be missing something, but I don't remember any corny cut scenes?

It was all gameplay.

As for the game being realistic, check out Airborne. Not realistic at all. As mentioned, the MG42 weilding super Nazis with gas masks, and jumping on top of a giant anti aircraft tower (what part of anti aircraft did they not understand!?).

Actually not that bad of a game for $10 though. I got it months ago at Frys for that much. A bit short, never even tried mp, but it was decent. Looked ok and ran great to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It was all gameplay.

As for the game being realistic, check out Airborne. Not realistic at all. As mentioned, the MG42 weilding super Nazis with gas masks, and jumping on top of a giant anti aircraft tower (what part of anti aircraft did they not understand!?).

Actually not that bad of a game for $10 though. I got it months ago at Frys for that much. A bit short, never even tried mp, but it was decent. Looked ok and ran great to.

Who said anything about cut scenes? :p

But I'm a bit confused. First you say that there were no crazy action parts in the game, yet now you say it has?

Upvote 0

It was all gameplay.

i have to disagree, there was a number of cutscenes wich were incredibly over the top action, whenever you encountered a new enemy, he was introduced in a corny over the top scene to you

Upvote 0
While I must admit that back then I was a major MoH:A-fanboy(on the other hand there was incredible hatred against the game as well here) and buying it first day after release for 50€ was a big mistake as well, I just reinstalled it because I need a space filler till christmas(when I get my new gfx card and get to play all the cool games). That's one of the few things it did right, offering uncomplicated action. Could and SHOULD have been so much more though of course.

Upvote 0
Who said anything about cut scenes? :p

But I'm a bit confused. First you say that there were no crazy action parts in the game, yet now you say it has?

Thought it was implied, since half of the trailer was not gameplay (watch the end where he kicks the chair away).

i have to disagree, there was a number of cutscenes wich were incredibly over the top action, whenever you encountered a new enemy, he was introduced in a corny over the top scene to you

I only seem to remember that train one towards the end. Maybe I forgot.

I also agree, for full price that game is a rip off. I only paid $10, and it was not that bad. I did not notice many bugs, and it ran well. No crashes. Which is always a good thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0