• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Dragon Age 2

List of Day 1 DLC

Adder of Antiva, Bow - Signature Edition
Unrevealed Ring, Ring - Signature Edition
Seeker's Bulwark, Shield - Signature Edition
Apostate's Courage, Staff - Signature Edition
Might of the Sten, 2H Sword - Signature Edition
The Exiled Prince, Companion - Signature Edition

The Black Emporium, Store - All New Game Purchases
Lion of Orlais Shield, Shield - All Pre-Orders @ Participating Retailers
Fadeshear Sword, 1H Sword - All Pre-Orders @ Participating Retailers

Hindsight, Belt - Penny Arcade Promotion
Staff of Parthalan, Staff - BioWare Promotion
Hayder's Razor, 2H Sword - Completed Demo

Evra's Might, Ring - Dragon Age Legends
Air of Confidence, Ring - Dragon Age Legends
Evra's Trophy Belt, Belt - Dragon Age Legends
Ivo Family Crest, Amulet - Dragon Age Legends
Dura's Blue Flame, Amulet - Dragon Age Legends

The Irons, Belt - Pre-Order Bonus @ EA Store
Ring of Whispers, Ring - Purchase Bonus @ Epic Weapons
Ser Isaac's Armor, Armor Set - All New Dead Space 2 Purchases
Amulet of Ashes, Amulet - Pre-Order Bonus @ Play.com & Best Buy

Lothering's Lament, Book - Demo IF Activations ≥ 1 000 000 By March 1
The Far Cliffs of Kirkwall, Book - Demo IF Activations ≥ 1 000 000 By March 1

Upvote 0
So what? The only DLC so far is already included in the signature edition which was available for the same price and the normal version. The rest is by promotions and doesn't include anything that had any big impact, so what's the problem?

I do agree that after-launch(as in 1-2months later) mid-game DLC kinda sucks, like Kasumi for ME2 as an example because by the time that was released I had already finished the game. But that list you made there is simply supposed to look awful and give an incorrect impression.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, what the hell is going on on this page? When I saw all that DLC I was impressed, didn't get any nerdrage going in my veins. Bioware did that with ME 2. Eventually most of the DLC was made available to everyone else. Each version/pre order location gives the player a bit of a different play style/experience, as well as unique weapons and such. Just sell them in game if you don't want them. :confused:

Upvote 0
Honestly... I don't see what the fuss is about. Lots of people screaming "OMG dumbed down", but I don't see it. I'll admit I haven't played DA, nor have I tried out the DA2 demo, but I've watched quite a lot of gameplay vids of both games and it seems that what people call "dumbed down" features are actually improvements.

Take the combat for example. From what I've seen in the vids, in DA combat was awfully simple, just you standing stationary next to a stationary enemy, whacking him to death by repeatedly clicking on him. In DA they've added more moves; jumps, spins etc, which seems much more dynamic and interesting to me. It may not be as good as The Witcher's combat system but it looks a lot better than DA's.

The Mass Effect-style conversation ring also seems like an improvement over the older system.

The only big negative point I see is that the player can no longer create a completely custom character from scratch and choose from different origins. But you get voice acting in return. I don't see that as a bad thing. I'd rather play a hero who can actually speak and show emotion than a mute.

Sorry guys, gotta cut through the BS. Call it devil's advocate if you want. :IS2:

However, I completely agree with this. It's getting pretty ridiculous with all the DLC hype these days. RPS is the only gaming news site worth reading.

Upvote 0
Those are just animations Nimsky, nothing else. Dont be misled by eyecandy which has nothing to do with actual gameplay. Which actually IS dumbed down :p
Seriously, insta-kill skills? Hawke's whirlwind attack immediately slicing up every mob around him no matter how full the healthbar is? That **** just isnt possible in DAO, where you have to rely on your mage for crowd control or get cut to pieces.
Dont mind the characters standing still and attacking eachother in DAO, the combat was way more interesting due to skills and a tactical situation, whereas DA2 just allows you to slice everybody up without priority or consideration, like a hack and slash RPG. All the tactics are gone, it seems.

Reactions: DraKon2k and Dcode
Upvote 0
Those are just animations Nimsky, nothing else. Dont be misled by eyecandy which has nothing to do with actual gameplay. Which actually IS dumbed down :p
Seriously, insta-kill skills? Hawke's whirlwind attack immediately slicing up every mob around him no matter how full the healthbar is? That **** just isnt possible in DAO, where you have to rely on your mage for crowd control or get cut to pieces.
Dont mind the characters standing still and attacking eachother in DAO, the combat was way more interesting due to skills and a tactical situation, whereas DA2 just allows you to slice everybody up without priority or consideration, like a hack and slash RPG. All the tactics are gone, it seems.

Maybe their idea of making up for it is to just add more enemies...

Oh wait it is, make yourself more badass by fighting of waves of enemies that fall over like twigs with insta heal inbetween waves.

Upvote 0
cad-20110304-24ccc.png

Upvote 0
Cancelled my pre-order after reading through many reviews. Even Gamespot and and Game Informer, of which I think to be more console-centric.

Gamespot said:
It's a shame that these intricacies were tempered by unnecessary simplification and unfocused storytelling.

Game Informer said:
On all platforms, Dragon Age II caters to an audience that didn't connect with Origins, while alienating those who did. This may result in a better console experience, but considering that Dragon Age: Origins was a love letter to old-school PC RPGs, BioWare's neglect of the sequel's PC release is tragic.

Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
Cancelled my pre-order after reading through many reviews. Even Gamespot and and Game Informer, of which I think to be more console-centric.
Yeah it's pretty clear that the game is dumbed down. Even GAMETRAILERS (woohoo consoles are teh win!!!11one) said that DA2 has nowhere NEAR the amount of content or replayability of DAO, even though they seemed totally fine with the game's drastically reduced difficulty level, which they mention, and the fact that the story is 100% linear with basically no player choice compared to the first game.

Upvote 0
A friend borrowed the game to me today(>.>) and so far I'm 2h into it, and for some reason I really can't see how this game has been dumbed down or at least it still doesn't feel that way to me. Instead it feels more like ME1->ME2 kind of different.

But that's exactly it. Origins was NOT a Mass Effect game, nor was it Mass Effect 2. The sheer comparison between the two games is staggering. Between the complete 180 on the art style, gameplay, and writing/dialogue and the day 0 DLC, you've got a very big middle finger to the people that liked Origins.

Upvote 0