• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bots totally destroy the RO2 Playerbase/Community

"Why does every idiot owning a server think it will be a good thing to add those mindless zombies."

Do you blame it on the Bots or the people that give you a place to play.
ppfff...branleur.

He's not passing blame, just asking as question. A good one.
Why do servers have the bots on?
Either way, we all already have a place to play against bots. It's called single player, or host your own game.

Although, I watched last night as a bot-only server had only 2 players for about an hour. I joined to make it three, and then within 5 minutes we had nearly 10 human players. People just gotta stick with the server for a bit, humans will turn up.

Upvote 0
There is a finite pool of players at any given time. Trying to fill more servers than the actual amount of people who want to play is pointless, you just spread people out into underpopulated servers. To me people who have 60/64 (5 human players) type servers do a disservice to the community. It makes people not even see the genuine servers with players already in and you end up with a playerbase that refuse to join anything but a few select servers that are always populated

If you want to get your server going then put some bots on, but don't take up the top area of the server list. Put a reasonable amount of bots on and then people will join if they want to populate the server, not because they're fooled into joining what they thought was a highly populated one

Last edited:
Upvote 0
we need a way to filter servers with bots and those without bots.

So we can easily find a server with only legit human players instead of having to do it manually.

I haven't played in quite some time because of this, I don't play MP games to play with bots.

All of htese server admins can give reasons galore, but it's simply, I join a server an dit's filled with bots, I leave the server.

This is what killed Day of Defeat/CS for me, so many bot filled servers and a huge pita to find legit
populated ones.

If there were no servers with bots, players wouldn't end up getting stuck in bot filled servers, they'd see REAL player numbers of human players and GASP, JOIN THOSE SERVERS.

however when every single bleeding server uses bots, people have spread out, just like what was said in the above post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm curious about all these people who are somehow shot by bots:

- the bots who are always 100-200 meters away
- the bots are always facing in the opposite direction as if they are running and retreating off the battlefield
- its always the bots who aren't looking at your player, but in your FOV who shoot you
- its never a bot that may be out of your vision who does shoot you
- you are always running as if that makes you impossible to hit
- the bots actually hit you and you are mad because you have a feeling that bots shouldn't be allowed to hit you because they are bots

:p

Seriously though, the only problem I see is if the bots AI is set at the highest settings and server admins fill up the servers with too many bots :D

Upvote 0
Thats the catch 22 of this bot arguement

It's the ones who only want to join a full server wont stay playing one on one for an hour trying to get others to join, they just want a full server, so the reality is bot dont acctaully effect them as they leave as soon as its bots

I suspect if they did the 1 v 1 etc for a few hours they'd change and want bots to start a server - And while agree with the idea you shouldn't put 64 bots on a server - with the limited player base you need something just to hold the one or two die hards who try and fill it and give em sumit to shoot at till the server fills

Course the real answer for the i dont want bots brigade is put up your own server and try and fill it.

Upvote 0
I'm curious about all these people who are somehow shot by bots:

- the bots who are always 100-200 meters away
- the bots are always facing in the opposite direction as if they are running and retreating off the battlefield
- its always the bots who aren't looking at your player, but in your FOV who shoot you
- its never a bot that may be out of your vision who does shoot you
- you are always running as if that makes you impossible to hit
- the bots actually hit you and you are mad because you have a feeling that bots shouldn't be allowed to hit you because they are bots

:p

Seriously though, the only problem I see is if the bots AI is set at the highest settings and server admins fill up the servers with too many bots :D

That i am saying.........LOL

Upvote 0