• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bots totally destroy the RO2 Playerbase/Community

Yeah.
In steam, click VIEW then SERVERS.
Then click "CHANGE FILTERS" in lower left
Select "Red Orchestra 2" as the game
Right click the column heading and check "Bots" as shown:

bots.png

Enjoy the 8 servers with no bots :)

Now we just need an ingame browser filter for bots :)

Tried this and every one of the ten servers that showed up had BOTs in them. Apparently there is no server i can find with no BOTs.

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
You do see the little "cog" wheel in the legend on the left don't you? The servers with that cog have bots. The one's without, don't.

And if you uncheck "Has user's playing", you'll see about 30 or more vacant 'botless' servers.

You do understand i can read and when I did what was written, even the one's with no cog had bots....really, they did.

Upvote 0
All I can say is that the filter works fine for me.

You can try it on the server in my sig.

I assume then that you are aware that if there are no players on a server, there will be no bots (and no "cog"). Also, you could join an empty server and then whatever number the server admin has set for bots (if any) will join. And if you join a server with 12 people that has a bot limit of say 10, if three people leave there will be one bot. In both cases, neither will have the little "cog" wheel until there is an actual bot.

Upvote 0
All I can say is that the filter works fine for me.

You can try it on the server in my sig.

I assume then that you are aware that if there are no players on a server, there will be no bots (and no "cog"). Also, you could join an empty server and then whatever number the server admin has set for bots (if any) will join. And if you join a server with 12 people that has a bot limit of say 10, if three people leave there will be one bot. In both cases, neither will have the little "cog" wheel until there is an actual bot.

Not trying to be negative, I must be doing something wrong then because, well look at the images.

NoBOTSserver.jpg

Botsingame.jpg

As you can see, NO BOTS filter set and ingame, many BOTS

BUT, I have to say, the more I play this new version, the more I like it. The single player is a great tool to learn how to play but that's all BOTS and expected to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not trying to be negative, I must be doing something wrong then because, well look at the images.

NoBOTSserver.jpg

Botsingame.jpg

As you can see, NO BOTS filter set and ingame, many BOTS

BUT, I have to say, the more I play this new version, the more I like it. The single player is a great tool to learn how to play but that's all BOTS and expected to be.
Can't really tell from the pics if the server you've joined is the server you've highlighted...? But at any rate, if it is, I'd have to agree, you're doing something odd.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Can't really tell from the pics if the server you've joined is the server you've highlighted...? But at any rate, if it is, I'd have to agree, you're doing something odd.

Floyd, now why would I try to fool you when I'm trying to figure out what I may be doing wrong?

Anyone else find that the steam filter doesn't do what it should?

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Honestly....because of comments made in other posts and your obvoius disdain for anything bot related.....;) But putting that aside and taking you at your word....

Try this.

Right click on a server in the server window and select properties. Check the number of players shown there vs. the number shown on the server listing window. Do that for one that you've experienced the problem your having with. See how the numbers compare.

Upvote 0