• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bots totally destroy the RO2 Playerbase/Community

I'm not crazy about what I often see on bots servers, but honestly I thank for bots because sometimes I cannot otherwise play the game at all. But I would say %90 percent of the time I am thankfully able to play with only humans in full or reasonably populated servers, so I'm not sure I'm feeling the OP's pain.

Upvote 0
So many people agree that bots are useful for seeding servers (myself included),
so where is all the "improve the bots please!" topics?
TW needs to know that we'd love the bots to play less buggy. Bots are sometimes fun and sometimes a necessary evil so if you see but bugs report it in the bug forum (with good reproductions).
If you have a constructive and useful suggestion on bot improvements, "feed-back" :)

Reactions: ButchCassidy
Upvote 0
So many people agree that bots are useful for seeding servers (myself included),
TW needs to know that we'd love the bots to play less buggy. Bots are sometimes fun and sometimes a necessary evil so if you see but bugs report it in the bug forum (with good reproductions).
If you have a constructive and useful suggestion on bot improvements, "feed-back" :)

Now theres a good post..Well done for stating something that would benefit the games community and its enjoyment of the game.;)

Upvote 0
For a lot of people it won't matter how good the AI is. I personally only want a few bots around to get real players into the server, and the quality of the AI doesn't really factor much in that. Its always the same with AI, not matter how good your programming skills might be it will always be a poor substitute for a real player

People want to feel like its a real person they kill or get killed by, they want to see the occasional comment in the chat, good or bad. They want the unpredictability of real people, the thinking outside the box, teamwork and tactics and drama

They should only be there to get a server so it can fill up, not to appear already full to trick people into joining

The sort of people who like bots will LOVE a coop mode. You could then have human teams + bots vs full AI teams, but it should be a separate game mode with a bot amount limit for real servers

Upvote 0

Excellent suggestions! TY for your respectful presentation.

Upvote 0
The bots should only move if commander or SL orders them, otherwise they should stay put and wait for orders, Maybe defend spawn behind cover. That way we should see less bots running around mindless wasting the teams tickets, and gameplay wouldn`t be so chaotic. Ofcourse The Ai rutines needs to be improved that they would actually do what you order them (or do they allready follow your orders?? havent done that yet)

Last edited:
Upvote 0