• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

I don't get it. They have a giant budget for it and still they seem to be struggling with the same basic problems like in BC2.

For me it has gone to a wait and see after they week impression at gamescom.

They better not leave bugs in the game 3 years in a row like CoD. For example the 'Your hardware has been changed...' bug which was in MW1, MW2 and even BLOPS....

At least fix the issues in the prequel, leaving them in is the most annoying thing imho:(

Seeing how Rak didn't have the issues, makes me hope it might be not a systemic flaw.

Upvote 0
But I play BF for silly over the top action and as much shooting as possible. :IS2:
Then you should be playing Bulletstorm or sth. BF isn't over the top action/running and gunning for me at least but a semi-realistic FPS with heavy focus on teamwork.

(And before the arma2 nazis come storming in -> 'semi-realistic' with RO being 'realistic', arma etc. 'simulation')

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then you should be playing Bulletstorm or sth. BF isn't over the top action/running and gunning for me at least but a semi-realistic FPS with heavy focus on teamwork.

(And before the arma2 nazis come storming in -> 'semi-realistic' with RO being 'realistic', arma etc. 'simulation')

Maybe our ideas of "silly and over the top" are not the same. :p

For me, placing packs of C4 on a helicopter and having a buddy fly it into a building, jumping out (and surviving) and then blowing the C4/helicopter combo to bring down a building in BFBC2 is silly and over the top.

Or killing someone with the repair torch. Or shooting rockets out of flying helicopters.

Last edited:
Reactions: tofupunk
Upvote 0
So you don't need an engineer to repair. Maybe they should regenerate ammo to make the ammo boxes useless..

I don't see how it';s an improvement. They could make engi repair location specific, so it needs to retreat so the engi can repair the front of the tank.

[sarcasm]It's so hard to implement something without going to regeneration[/sarcasm]

Upvote 0
Regeneration or not there will still be a cluster of tanks spamming from the distance with a team of engineers repairing them.

Even so I can't help but /rolleyes every time a snippet of information about this game is released. Though there does seem to be a lot of people trying to cause an uproar in the community regarding Battlefield 3.

Regarding mod tools.

Upvote 0
EA is gonna come to my addess and rape my precious butthole and then give us auto repairing vehicles!! Then don't buy it....why would you want to post in a thread you allegedly have no interest in? I don't understand.

It feels sort of good attacking a giant like EA. They are the stereotypical, soulless, mass producer of interative movies that go $60 games. And after six months they will end support and release BF4. What's not to love about about bashing EA?

Upvote 0
I sure do hope you guys like HEALTH-REGEN IN TANKS!

CoD : Vehicle Edition

It's hard to see news about this game and not immediately be disappointed.

Lots of people see this kind of response from EVERY news article we get about BF3 and think it's a load of jerks trying to ruin the game. In reality it's just a lot of people who are absolutely dumbfounded by the idiotic decisions Dice repeatedly makes.

It's like they are actively trying to piss people off with their ridiculous game mechanics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uurastaja and Dcode
Upvote 0
It's hard to see news about this game and not immediately be disappointed.

Lots of people see this kind of response from EVERY news article we get about BF3 and think it's a load of jerks trying to ruin the game. In reality it's just a lot of people who are absolutely dumbfounded by the idiotic decisions Dice repeatedly makes.

It's like they are actively trying to piss people off with their ridiculous game mechanics.
You could just... not play it?

Upvote 0