• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

I don't know if I'd call most of that "easy" except the ones where he's shooting at a chopper that can't see him. And again, small arms damage would be nice to have back.

they are... well some are just nuts but most off them were pretty common. ones you have got the knack of it its quite easy. and once you kill a heli 3-4 times in a row you are garanteed a "HAXER" chat message.
its funny when you kill someone who is useing the veh.perk:smokelaucher to get rid off darts, too bad there are no dart on there chopper.

mt tip: ignore red Quad and just concentrate on the missile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So yesterday after re-rewatching the RO Trailer on gametrailors... and comments saying the graphics look old...

I still and always disagree, I find them pretty good...

But it got me thinking... I should watch an HD video of battlefield 3 to see what they are talking about.

I have to admit... Holy Jucy steaks, It looks amazing !... the graphics at least...
They do make RO2's graphics look dated... a bit...

The video I saw is a 10 minute playthrough... fast foward to 5 minutes to see the game in action and all I can say is MEH... Looks exactly like any other overplayed overdone shooters with updated graphics...

Besides gameplay being more important then graphics... I don't think everyone will see the sexyness of it...

For example I have a soso Phenom X4 3.4Ghz + a GTX260-216c
It's decent, it works but I don't think I will run smooth as silk...

I think with my specs or similar, graphics between RO2 and BF3 won't be all that different.
And RO has more details... gun sway and innovation.

(the only thing BF3 has going for it is Helicopters and Jets...)
But I have the feeling it will be like BF2
Spawn killing for jets, bunny hopping girly sounding 14 year olds on VOIP calling me a noob and shouldn't fly the choppa.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You seem to be pretty misinformed.

1) There is better anti-air than in BF2 (Shoulder fired anti-air rockets, along with many other systems. Aircraft counter-measures are probably equip-only like in BC2)

2) There is no bunny hopping or dolphin diving in BF3 (I've played Alpha)

3) VOIP currently is locked to squad only and you can always mute players (they did announce they are working on team communication, so chances are they may open up multiple VOIP channels like the old BF2 and upcoming RO2)

Upvote 0
Reactions: tofupunk
Upvote 0
Selling a game like this is easy as pie (especially now that the whole "true PC-game" hype got through, for whatever effed up reason), but funding a game like this is hell, I bet.
Unfortunately, they need a big publisher like EA for that.:(

Clauses like this are old news, btw. Doesn't make them less scary, but it kind of makes them a little less relevant to Origin specifically. Still.:(

Upvote 0
**** like this angers me. DICE builds what seems to be a great game and then let's EA go and rape it. They need to grow some balls and publish and market their own game. It's not like they don't have any clout.

Hopefully this gets sorted, but if not, I won't be buying it either.

Considering EA owns DICE, that ain't going to happen unless they reform a new company.

Upvote 0
Oh my, is it the "Origin deletes your games after 2 years" hysteria all over again?

It's nothing to be happy about for sure. It's the standard, too. Just read Valve's privacy policy in its entirety, not at all "self-restricted", instead it's basically the exact same thing. Yes, they do sell and share this data with others (it's an advertised feature of Steamworks ffs).

Being concerned about this is understandable, you're just some 10 years late to stop the trend. Just don't delude yourself by thinking you're better of with Steam and the likes. There was a thread on this very forum where someone had his account temporarily disabled because a non-Steam game was falsely identified as an illegal copy by the program, just an example how data collection is real and quite scary indeed. And not limited to Origin, of course ;)

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
Being concerned about this is understandable, you're just some 10 years late to stop the trend. Just don't delude yourself by thinking you're better of with Steam and the likes. There was a thread on this very forum where someone had his account temporarily disabled because a non-Steam game was falsely identified as an illegal copy by the program, just an example how data collection is real and quite scary indeed. And not limited to Origin, of course ;)
There are still layers of intrusiveness even if you accept that this is a thing now. I've never had Steam sniff out a pirated game I didn't register with Steam, and notify Valve HQ about it. There's no guarantee as to what the scope of this thing's data retrieval could be about. It may not even take something (as monumentally stupid) like registering a pirated game with the service that sells it. Maybe it goes sniffing for all EA titles, Origin or not, and tracks whether there's ANY installation data existing on your system.

And I don't get spammed either in game or otherwise by advertisements going "Nenjin, blah blah blah blah spend money." I get a generic Steam popup that everyone gets, that simply notifies you what's selling on Steam. While many companies collect this data, it's ultimately a matter of how they use it. And I don't trust EA to draw lines in favor of people's privacy.

If this weren't coupled with all the IP enforcement **** going on in Congress right now, I'd be less concerned. But put the two together and I basically feel like I'm giving EA the greenlight to play IP cop as they choose to design it if I choose to play Battlefield 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
**** like this angers me. DICE builds what seems to be a great game and then let's EA go and rape it. They need to grow some balls and publish and market their own game. It's not like they don't have any clout.

Hopefully this gets sorted, but if not, I won't be buying it either.

Agree. I can live with the other crap they are pulling(reluctantly), but this will actually stop me from installing the game. I can't cancel my pre-order (Direct2Drive are horrible in this regard), so I really hope EA reacts to this and changes the EULA, or I'll have to sell it.

Too bad since I was kind of looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are still layers of intrusiveness even if you accept that this is a thing now. I've never had Steam sniff out a pirated game I didn't register with Steam, and notify Valve HQ about it. There's no guarantee as to what the scope of this thing's data retrieval could be about. It may not even take something (as monumentally stupid) like registering a pirated game with the service that sells it. Maybe it goes sniffing for all EA titles, Origin or not, and tracks whether there's ANY installation data existing on your system.

And I don't get spammed either in game or otherwise by advertisements going "Nenjin, blah blah blah blah spend money." I get a generic Steam popup that everyone gets, that simply notifies you what's selling on Steam. While many companies collect this data, it's ultimately a matter of how they use it. And I don't trust EA to draw lines in favor of people's privacy.

If this weren't coupled with all the IP enforcement **** going on in Congress right now, I'd be less concerned. But put the two together and I basically feel like I'm giving EA the greenlight to play IP cop as they choose to design it if I choose to play Battlefield 3.

Exactly. EA has a long history of dicking people over. Steam does not. I'm not sure exactly what Steam says (I know I should) but, if I'm reading this right, EA's EULA isn't saying it's limiting it's intrusiveness to just checking on it's own games and software, but that it can take whatever it wants from your entire system. They say they won't personally identify you but then say they can take your IP address. Right...that's ****ing absurd. I really really really want to give them my money for BF3 but **** this so hard.

Upvote 0
Obviously they can take your IP address Anyone and anything you connect with can. It doesn't necessarily mean they use it to personally identify you though!
Of course you could say, that's what they say, but who says they don't? But with the amount of scary Big Brothery threats they included in this EULA I think it's fairly safe to assume that they wouldn't feel ashamed to tell you if they actually did personally identify you.:p

There are enough other reasons for tracking IP addresses. They could use it to check your location for certain localized "features" (e.g. only selling cut versions to Germans) and market research.

Upvote 0
Almost every single website logs your IP address (including this one here), oh noes :(

A story like this one could serve to raise user awareness about personal privacy, instead it's another round of mindless knee-jerk outrage. This inconsequential attitude ("it's only bad when EA does it") shows me that you don't care about privacy, you care about the packaging.
How do they use your data? They run stores, they want to sell you stuff, so they're profiling you to hell and back. Yet the exact some process is somehow supposed to be bad in one case and fair game everywhere else. I don't get this.

If you're really concerned about the whole matter, then start reading those privacy policies (that usually override the TOS). Here's the one used by EA, for starters.

Upvote 0
Here's the one used by EA, for starters.

cxneg.gif

Upvote 0
I have played the 64 player demo at gamescom and I am worried.
In 15min the game crashed 3 times on my and my friends computer. I got killed by player which had -4 health on my kill screen. Networking seemed really wonky. I had player warping around and hit registration issues under LAN conditions.
I don't get it. They have a giant budget for it and still they seem to be struggling with the same basic problems like in BC2.

For me it has gone to a wait and see after they week impression at gamescom.

Upvote 0