• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Well I think it looks absolutely fantastic. The lack of vehicles doesn't concern me as of now because it as played on Operation Metro which is a rush map and is meant to not have many vehicles. Conquest maps will be just as big as BF2's and will have all the vehicles you want (or so they say). Destruction looks great, sounds are orgasmic, graphics are good, gameplay looks great in my opinion (mainly because of the immersion). It looks very promising to me.

Reactions: Stormer and Dcode
Upvote 0
Yeah its a Rush map..isn't that nice...oh wait, that's Bad Company stuff...

All the maps support all the game modes. Rush mode is easier to demo there is no question of which way to go like Conquest. Its only forward.

If you've seen the press play BF3 at E3, you would see they were totally clueless even on Rush mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got in the alpha, game is utterly amazing :3 better than BC2 in pretty much every way shape and form by miles even in the alpha stage.

Runs reasonably okay on my rig, get 20-30fps on medium and a bit more in the later indoor stages.

C2D E6750 @ 2.6GHz
4GB RAM
8800GTX
1680x1050

Just ordered a new GFX card as well (GTX 460 OC) I know it'll be bottlenecked but it's the only part I can replace while I get the other parts for a new PC over the next couple of months. Still going to run better than my 8800 :3

Upvote 0
I got in the alpha, game is utterly amazing :3 better than BC2 in pretty much every way shape and form by miles even in the alpha stage.

Runs reasonably okay on my rig, get 20-30fps on medium and a bit more in the later indoor stages.

C2D E6750 @ 2.6GHz
4GB RAM
8800GTX
1680x1050

Just ordered a new GFX card as well (GTX 460 OC) I know it'll be bottlenecked but it's the only part I can replace while I get the other parts for a new PC over the next couple of months. Still going to run better than my 8800 :3

Sounds good. How big matches have you played?

This gets better with every new bit of footage I see. I don't even have to upgrade if it runs that good in such early stage.

Upvote 0

I Jelly. I tried to apply, but my i guess my veteran status wasn't sufficient. I'll just have to make due to drooling at the leaked videos.

Are the high graphic settings available in Alpha ? Or are all those videos on youtube in medium settings ?

Upvote 0

C2D E6750 @ 2.6GHz
4GB RAM
8800GTX
1680x1050

Try overclocking your dual core. Frostbite Engine loves at least a Quad Core.

"For higher frame rates, you need to overclock a dual-core CPU or use a quad-core CPU and then upgrade the graphics card." - Source

Upvote 0
Honestly? No idea. It's ran everything perfectly fine up until the big releases this year like Witcher 2, Crysis 2. BC2 really struggles as well unless I dump everything on low but that was a terrible console port.

BF3 is a whole new engine and it runs well. It's juts time for a whole upgrade and getting the GPU now while I'm able to make use of it just makes sense.

Upvote 0
Honestly? No idea. It's ran everything perfectly fine up until the big releases this year like Witcher 2, Crysis 2. BC2 really struggles as well unless I dump everything on low but that was a terrible console port.

BF3 is a whole new engine and it runs well. It's juts time for a whole upgrade and getting the GPU now while I'm able to make use of it just makes sense.
All the games you listed are newer breed. They require more power than your system can provide. It has little to do with anything being a console port or not. It's just showing the age of your hardware.

Your current rig is miminum system requirements for Witcher 2, Crysis 2, and BC2.
C2D 2 GHz / 8800 series (You really need to overclock that CPU)

Last edited:
Upvote 0