• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MKB/AVT Availability Change Incoming

what about this?
1rolol.jpg

Lol, alot in this game regarding to ranks and unlocks is so broken

Upvote 0
Ok in turn:

1) Yes we know some people are getting the DDE unlocks when they aren't supposed to. We're looking into it, and will fix it as soon as we can discover what is causing the problem.

2) The person that posted the picture of the squad leader unlocks - you'll notice that next to Axis it says the unlock is the SVT40, and next to Allies it says the unlock is the G41. In other words, the squad leader is able to unlock the enemy equivalent of their current weapons.

3) About having too many MkB's - the amount of MkB's when fixed is similar to the amount of STG's in Ostfront. It didn't ruin that game...

4) "But how did you guys mess this up" - Does it really matter how it happened? Video games are made by humans, mistakes get made. When video games start being made by robots you won't have this problem. Until then, you'll have to live with the fact that mistakes can be made. The only thing that matters is we spotted the issue, and are fixing it quickly.

Upvote 0
I agree that the number is still too high. That leaves 6 Mkb(42)'s, along with MP40's for the CO & SL's, bringing the number of automatics to over 33% per side on a 32 player team. THEN, add in the lmg's, and it's a fully automatic, unrealistic spray & pray jam-bo-ree. Not to mention the Elite Rifleman class adding semi-autos to the fun.

This primarily bolt-action infantry engagement has now turned into the Battle of Hue.

Reactions: Tweek and Nikita
Upvote 0
3) About having too many MkB's - the amount of MkB's when fixed is similar to the amount of STG's in Ostfront. It didn't ruin that game...

STG's were only on very few select maps and they did not have bullet penetration and I believe they had more recoil in ROOST. And the Allies had some SMG's to counter it. In RO2 the PPSH is so recoily that it's useless. And it has a box-mag making it even more useless.

The mkb42 is ruining this game. Gibson, the community has spoken. Are you going to listen to them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the exception the stg44 wasn't available in every map, am I wrong?

Depended on the year that the map was placed in and upon the map-maker's discretion for class balance. However, the STG44 wasn't an overtly rare weapon on par with the MKB during the Stalingrad period.

It's a pretty weaksauce excuse from Ramm. I really want to know as to what happened to this 'Hero' status that was much touted. Where is it? Authenticity for RO:II has gone way out of the window...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what about this?
1rolol.jpg

Bold so people see:

The unlocks you see for each class are actually for the one above it. The menu is messed up.

It shows the Anti-Tank Soldier, below Marksman, unlocking the scoped semi-auto rifles, and the Marksman, below the Machine Gunner, unlocking enemy DP-28 and MG-34.

The menu is messed up. That is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
With the exception the stg44 wasn't available in every map, am I wrong?

And also the fact that it was often ignored by many players due to a combination of lack of zoom and hideous recoil. I always picked a semi-auto before grabbing an assault rifle or smg in RO. In RO, the STG wasn't the game-breaker that the Mkb(42) and MP40 are in RO2. IMO, of course.

And, of course, let's not forget that we are talking about Stalingrad, here, and there were no regular issue assault rifles available to the Germans in late 1942-Feb '43. Heck, half the squad leaders weren't even equipped with the MP40 at Stalingrad -- they had Kar98's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok in turn:

1) Yes we know some people are getting the DDE unlocks when they aren't supposed to. We're looking into it, and will fix it as soon as we can discover what is causing the problem.

2) The person that posted the picture of the squad leader unlocks - you'll notice that next to Axis it says the unlock is the SVT40, and next to Allies it says the unlock is the G41. In other words, the squad leader is able to unlock the enemy equivalent of their current weapons.

4) "But how did you guys mess this up" - Does it really matter how it happened? Video games are made by humans, mistakes get made. When video games start being made by robots you won't have this problem. Until then, you'll have to live with the fact that mistakes can be made. The only thing that matters is we spotted the issue, and are fixing it quickly.

Was that 18 MB or so patch that was just realeased for the mkB's?

Upvote 0
It's not about ruining the gameplay, but authenticity. Rare weapons are supposed to be rare. Can't you see nobody likes this decision, Ramm? What happened to the Hero status? Veterans should unlock enemy weaponry and Heroes should unlock rare weapons, not the other way around to actually make sense.

I agree fully! Or as I stated before it should be a a server option to limit the Mkb/AVT number in total.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lol, look at that screenshot again. I think what you mean is that it should say you get the unlock of the enemy semi-auto.
But if you take a look at the screenshot you will notice that it says G41 for Axis and SVT40 for Allies xD

Upvote 0
lol, look at that screenshot again. I think what you mean is that it should say you get the unlock of the enemy semi-auto.
But if you take a look at the screenshot you will notice that it says G41 for Axis and SVT40 for Allies xD

The unlocks you see for each class are actually for the one above it. The menu is messed up.

It shows the Anti-Tank Soldier, below Marksman, unlocking the scoped semi-auto rifles, and the Marksman, below the Machine Gunner, unlocking enemy DP-28 and MG-34.

The menu is messed up. That is all.

Upvote 0
Ok in turn:

Only on some maps taking place later in the war. The MP40 still held an important role in Ostfront. I don't see why anyone playing as german assault class would pick the MP40 over the MkB right now.

Upvote 0