• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fall of Brittania?

Sorry, I know this was on Ideas/suggestions earlier, but I just realized "hey this isnt an idea or a suggestion"

What would really happen if specimens swept across Britain?

I will not go into my full plot ideas unless I get enough support to post them.
Anyways.....

This is my thought: If the British goverment could not control the initial outbreak, let most of their capital city fall, have gone under blockade by the United Nations(?), and have allowed the specimens to spread into their rural landscape and suppy areas, then what would stop Britain as a whole from falling under specimen control. The British goverment would also inevitably go to either 1 of 3 places: Wales, Scotland, or attempt to boat their way to Ireland. I personally though that moving the capital to Edinburgh, totally evacuating Britain, and setting up WWI-type lines protecting Wales and Scotland using natural geography would be an appropriate choice.

Also, although I will refrain from going totally in depth into my idea of the plotline, but I will once again point out that there is a train tunnel underneath the British Channel called the Eurotrain. Food for thought.

Heres my idea of what the borders would look like, using this rudimentary, but effective, map.
Blue=Specimen control zone
Red=British goverment or allied
Green=blockading nations
Black line=eurotrain tunnel
(CHECK ATTACHMENTS)

Please, comment, critique, or add your own ideas

Attachments

• Map of Britain.jpg
    Map of Britain.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: zoidfreak
Nukes are for desperates

Nukes are for desperates

I would just kill 25 specimens and call in a tactical nuke

A nuke in your own country, your heartland. It's like Chernobyl, only on purpose.

And would Britain still be able to mantain it's nucleaur capabilities? or have the specimens caused most of the silos to be abandoned?

Also, all readers, PLEASE post any plot ideas, commentary, setting ideas, comments, or questions. That would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0
You're referring to England as Britain.

Wales and Scotland are in Britain.

There is a tunnel connecting Britain and France called the channel tunnel, the associated train is called the Eurostar.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) has a component on the island of Ireland.

The UK has nuclear submarines, so that in the event of anything happening, the UK would still have nukes. Nearly all nations with nuclear weapons operate mobile nuclear weaponry, that's the whole point behind the Mutually Assured Destruction tactics of the Cold War, so that if any nuclear nation did a first strike, there would still be a nuclear response. This is why both the Russians and the Americans keep some number of nuclear subs at sea and some number of bombers in the air at all times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Isle of Wight would never be allied controlled since it would be let go as an acceptable loss. It's full of inbreds too busy stealing the wheels of each others cars and shagging their cousins. The same applies to Norfolk except it would be the wheels on their tractors.
Now, now - that isn't nice! Besides, what self-respecting Englishman would give a rat's arse about Wales or Cornwall? One of the major concerns would be protecting the major whisky distilleries in Scotland - mostly from the Scots. That part makes sense. As for the Channel Tunnel - that would be used to herd the specimens to France, where they belong. Given that it is a fairly safe bet that the French would all go on strike to protest at the lack of lobster deliveries from Cornwall, the specimens would have a field day...

Of course, we can extend this (truly English) drivel... :)

As the specimens headed for Belgium, the Belgians would send in their bicycle troops, trying to distract them with chocolate...

I'll let other True English Gentlemen continue this one, as I am supposed to be working!

Reactions: zoidfreak
Upvote 0
As for the Channel Tunnel - that would be used to herd the specimens to France, where they belong. Given that it is a fairly safe bet that the French would all go on strike to protest at the lack of lobster deliveries from Cornwall, the specimens would have a field day.

:(

Well, we can be sure that with all the Americans (bloats) around, there would be a huge shortage of hamburgers, but we'd see a steep increase in the purchase of XXXXL clothing.

Upvote 0
Britain has been under attack from speciems constantly from around the early 80's. These shell suit, white trainer, burberry cap wearers have failed to take control although you will never get one of them to admit to such.

asbo_chav.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Social_Behaviour_Order

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0