• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing FP/SC with 4 perks in Early Access

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
- on Steam Early Access release we're starting with 4 perks, then soon after adding in the other perks.
I suppose Munk was talking about 4 perks shown in the latest dev diaries video: Berserker, Support, Commando and Medic. And here comes a logical question, which is based on KF1 experience:
how these perks are supposed to deal with Scrakes and Fleshpounds?
  • AA12 spam?
  • Medic block?
  • Stupid kiting?
  • 1-shot kill SC with buzzsaw, 2-shot FP?
  • Shooting legs off and beating crippled body with "tactical shovel" till the death?..

I hope there's no more one or two shotting. I want the SC and the FP to be fearsome once again. In the mod when you saw a FP it was like HOLY **** FP BRO!! FP!!! WE ARE GOING TO DIE! ****! While in the retail version it's more like FP? Yeah whatever. 2 shots later its down - lol wtf! (?)

Upvote 0
I hope there's no more one or two shotting. I want the SC and the FP to be fearsome once again. In the mod when you saw a FP it was like HOLY **** FP BRO!! FP!!! WE ARE GOING TO DIE! ****! While in the retail version it's more like FP? Yeah whatever. 2 shots later its down - lol wtf! (?)

when i was noob at KF a fleshpound was enough to wipe a six man team, seen it happen one too many times :D

with only 4 perks available during EA people will have to get creative and use the perks as well as they can to stop the new fleshpound, incase i play solo defenitely will AA12 spam at his face until he drops.

Upvote 0

It all depends on difficulty really. I don't mind it being reasonably easy on Normal/Hard, but on HoE it could be stepped up a notch from KF1, I wouldn't mind. I think the main issue with difficulty for HoE is kiting.

I hope kiting is not viable at all in any way shape or form. Kiting kind of completely wrecks any idea of a intense survival shooter. If you have to reposition during a wave, it should be a fight for your life run and gun type situation, not running along and occasionally plonking off another zed, who follow you obediently like sheep to the slaughter.

Zeds should always be able to catch up to you. Zeds should spawn from every****ingwhere (I'm guessing this is already a thing). You should not want to run around needlessly during a wave.

As for FP/SC management, I guess zerk/supp will be the go to at start of Early Access if class balance follows KF1 in any way.

Upvote 0
I suppose Munk was talking about 4 perks shown in the latest dev diaries video: Berserker, Support, Commando and Medic. And here comes a logical question, which is based on KF1 experience:
how these perks are supposed to deal with Scrakes and Fleshpounds?
  • AA12 spam?
  • Medic block?
  • Stupid kiting?
  • 1-shot kill SC with buzzsaw, 2-shot FP?
  • Shooting legs off and beating crippled body with "tactical shovel" till the death?..

You know, I was thinking, as a Commando the Large Mags, Autofire, and ZED TIME - Rapid Fire perk skills might increase DPS enough to be rather effective against FPs and scrakes once zed time is activated. We'll have to test that out once it comes out.

Upvote 0
Have you ever thought that FPs and SCs aren't "scary" in KF1 because you got good and know how to deal with them? Leaving out OP/lazy weapons, sharping a FP takes 10 EBRs or 7LARs (6 with a little pre). Demo takes 5 five m32 headshots or nade combo. Supp you shotgun made combo it but sirens/husks/other zeds can still **** you over. Mando requires an off perk m32 or skillfully using all your nades. FPs aren't "easy" you just got good. Go to a standard pub game and spec. A lot of the time even on HoE they wipe on wave 6-10. One skilled person should always be able to take a FP/SC because if they can't it becomes a spam fest which is just BAD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FPs and Scrakes should only be easy to kill when it's only one or two players on the team, relative to when there are 3 or more. Less than 3 people aren't able to both focus fire and not immediately be overwhelmed, even if they'd be camping in a spot like Biotics Lab in KF1.

Upvote 0
There was one sewer map where you could hide in the pipes and the FP were too big to enter. One of the only maps I ever won :p

I'm completely fine with Fleshpounds being overpowered, it adds suspense to the game.

Upvote 0
That's quite interesting issue.

I suppose perhaps zerk will be able to stun SCs with the hammer thingy or kill it quickly with blades and maaaaaybe support could do AA12-grenade combo on FP?

One way or another, not including SS in EA from the start may prove to be problematic.

Worst case scenario: community goes waaaah we can't kill FP on hoe -> sharpie is added with some ridiculously OP weapon and one shots everything -> scrubs are happy, other players complain -> it's M99 dilemma all over again :D

Upvote 0