• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So what happens when...

You become a hero? Is it gonna take a long time to rank up to hero status? Either way, I'm guessing by a certain amount of time everyone will be heroes and everyone will have the same abilities and weapons. And one thing I really love about games is its unlocks and leveling, it gives you motivation like:

Game: "HEY, YOU WANT THIS AWESOME GUN? LOOK AT IT FIRE PEW PEW"

Me: "HELLZ YA"

Game: "WELL YOUUUUU gotta rank up 5 more levels soldier"

Me: "I CAN DO THISSSS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I'm not asking for any 'prestige' crap just wondering how long is it gonna take to level up to top status and will there be anything else like added abilities, maybe a DLC that lets you rank up more to earn some new camo, etc.

Reactions: 213 and Roland777
What happens when you become a Hero?

You continue to play the game because you actually like it regardless of the fact that you have been leveling up :p
Wait, what? You mean, they had fun shooters before ranking systems? Geez Louise!

Upvote 0
Well sometimes I find myself playing BC2 and MW2 (please don't hate on me!!!!) and after I fully rank up I'm like "Wait, why am I even playing this... theres nothing to achieve!!!"

But ya you're right It's gonna be awesome regardless of ranking! =D you know ROOST is the only game I DON'T get mad at when I go 4/30 :p

Upvote 0
I hope the hero status is something temporary so we can't have like 2 heroes in the same team or even worse: a whole team formed by heroes :D
I think the best way is to make the server decide whether you are a hero or not based on your statistics, so if you reached the highest possible rank and have the best statistics in the team, you would be the hero of the team. But if you change sides and the hero of the other team has better stats than you, you would not be a hero anymore.
To avoid everyone having high stats and to avoid a lot of draws between stats, I suggest TWI resets everybody's ranks and stats every semester.

Upvote 0
I hope the hero status is something temporary so we can't have like 2 heroes in the same team or even worse: a whole team formed by heroes :D
I think the best way is to make the server decide whether you are a hero or not based on your statistics, so if you reached the highest possible rank and have the best statistics in the team, you would be the hero of the team. But if you change sides and the hero of the other team has better stats than you, you would not be a hero anymore.
To avoid everyone having high stats and to avoid a lot of draws between stats, I suggest TWI resets everybody's ranks and stats every semester.
I think the Heroes system should be based on recent achievements. Like if you have been playing alot lately and have been seriously kicking *** you could be a hero. But stop playing for a few days and someone else becomes a hero.

It should be based on recent stat tracking ... or else at some point down the road we'll have everyone being a hero. I'm sure the devs have considered this.

Upvote 0
if you become a Hero and wonder what else there is for you to achieve, the :IS2: will come to your house, kick you in the balls, and remind you that your quest for greatness can never be completed as it's physically impossible to ever become greater than the GREATEST TANK OF ALL TIME!

Hahaha!

Reminds me of that MOD song, "The Hate Tank"

Upvote 0
Reactions: Oldih
Upvote 0