• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Zeds should not be immune to Husk bombs

I just noticed, that zeds dont catch fire from Husk bombs - what's the deal with that? Genetic immunity?
My suggestion is that they should suffer just as players do. The Husk should be expected to aim properly and if he corners his own zeds, that's our gain!
The game would be a lot more interesting if everything hurt everything. People would be killing teammates left and right though, and that might not be much fun.

Upvote 0
The game would be a lot more interesting if everything hurt everything. People would be killing teammates left and right though, and that might not be much fun.
Try playing the game?
Zeds DO hurt zeds. They even start fighting each other if they get damaged by their 'comrades'. Well, except for sirens.
Fleshpounds kill anything in their path except scrakes who just get damaged and then start fighting the pound, bloats damage their allies which sometimes turn on them, husks toast their allies (even though the radius for that seems to be pretty small) and if you enable friendly fire, players hurt players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just noticed, that zeds dont catch fire from Husk bombs - what's the deal with that? Genetic immunity?
My suggestion is that they should suffer just as players do. The Husk should be expected to aim properly and if he corners his own zeds, that's our gain!

Specimens ARE hurt by Husk fireballs. They just don't seem to get pissed about it very often. Clots are usually fatally burned by being anywhere NEAR a shot exploding...

Upvote 0
Try playing the game?
Zeds DO hurt zeds. They even start fighting each other if they get damaged by their 'comrades'. Well, except for sirens.
Fleshpounds kill anything in their path except scrakes who just get damaged and then start fighting the pound, bloats damage their allies which sometimes turn on them, husks toast their allies (even though the radius for that seems to be pretty small) and if you enable friendly fire, players hurt players.
I did not say they didn't hurt each other. I said it would be interesting if everything hurt everything. I did not say anything about zeds not hurting each other. One of the achievements is to kill so many zeds by luring them into bloat vomit. And I have played on friendly fire servers as well. So to answer your question is yes, I have played this game. Quite a bit actually. Although I can see the confusion with my comment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That would make more sense, but removing that would lessen the husk's usefulness by a LOT. His damage would mostly go to TKing.

The fireball passing through or avoiding zeds instead of pushing them as it flies would look much better, but pushing them opens an opportunity to shoot through the parted red sea of zeds and kill the husk, and I like that game play aspect, even if the appearance of it is awful.

Upvote 0