• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

Arad Real Forest 2, apparently there was a russian tanker using the hiding spot near the eastern german spawning position that is quite difficult to get too (the area where you have to make tight maneuvers so you can get to a spot to where you aren't easily to be seen from the side between the trees), I get my tiger thinking I could use that area then I see a soviet tanker shooting at my comrades in the distance at the hiding spot, apparently he didn't think anyone was coming so i shot his IS-2 3 times in the rear, and for a few seconds, i thought he was going to turn around to fire at me, though he didn't thinking, the shots where coming from the front, and kaboom, dead tank :cool: apparently because of the dark green color of russian tanks, they almost blend in with the surrounding trees if you know what i mean.

Upvote 0
A round of Stalingrad Kessel had just started and I was in the Warehouse office (by the big staircase) waiting for the allies to blow the door. As soon as the boom happened I threw my grenades and they both found somebody. I was feeling bloodthirsty that day so I ran forward, taking out a couple of people in the small outdoor area and set up an ambush for the next russian to come through.

It happened to be a Sapper about to throw his satchel. I took him down and ran away to avoid the blast.

Sapper has killed a friendly soldier
Sapper has been removed for a friendly fire violation
I think that might have been me :eek: seriously. I'm Karabiner ingame.

Upvote 0
I've had many great moments in RO, but last night I had one that was very funny. I'm an infy guy by heart, but lately I've been playing a little bit with tanks. Regardless, I suck pretty bad. Anyway, it was on the Splat-server and kirvoi rog was the map. I drove my trusty T34 down into the western capzone (think), and theres this large rock there, pretty close to the minefielded hills. Lo behold, what sees I, an angry Tiger, firing shells after me. Somehow, by using the lower parts of the terain I manage to move up close to him having a shell or two bonce off my turrent (all he could see/hit). Up close I stop while he is reloading and put a shell in his lower front. from maybe 100 meters It does no harm. Quick. I have to bloody move before he blasts me, so I do my best to keep my tank angled and basically starts to drive around him and due to the movement speed of the Tiger turrent I can stop and reload for a bit and move again before he can get to me. This way I unload 2-3 shells, including a clean and perfect shot in the back of the tiger that does no dmg. In the end a shot to the side against the engine finaly finnishes him off. The whole thing must have been going on for a few minutes and strangely no other tanks interfered ;) Satsifying if unrealistic kill. Wish I had recorded it ;)

Upvote 0
I made the most epic tank shot ever.

I never really used the range adjuster, so I didn't know what I was doing. I saw this tank really far away and I set it to 400 meters. When I fired, I was obviously way off.

But, the shell itself went really far up, arced back down and landed DIRECTLY on top of my target's turret, destroying it instantly in a perfect parabola. It was godlike, everyone who saw it happen were commenting in chat like "whoa...ns...".

Upvote 0
I made the most epic tank shot ever.
It was godlike, everyone who saw it happen were commenting in chat like "whoa...ns...".

A funky long range tank kill is "god like"? :rolleyes:

I don't know, I like scooting around in a PIII taking out t34s and such at long range with APCR. Kirovi is perfect for this. Black Day July is also nice.

My favorite times in RO though is when, I as sniper, end up going against another skilled sniper. That is, he's not acting like some regular rifleman with a scope, but actually positioning himself from a great distances and actively hunting support troops and targets of oppurtunity. Then we get into some great sniper duels. Especially on maps like Leningrad.

Upvote 0
Black Day July Bal Custom Map, Monday, October 1

I was looking for a tank when I spotted a man in a Ls-2. I said, what the heck, my score sucks anyway so I got in. He took me to the North Flank or whatever, the Germans were attacking us severly. What amazed me is how well we were in combat. First German Tank rolled up, a Tiger. He slammed the brakes and yelled, Shoot the Damn Gun! I shot and obliterated the Tiger, After that we got 12 straight kills working together, all German tanks. The best score I ever got, with a guy in the tank plus me. It goes to show If you can get a good driver that locates the targets other than you, sometimes it goes better. I mean, he sees it and he gets in positon, and theres no yellin between me and the driver. I see the target, shoot, and kill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Recently I rushed headlong into a tiger on Kriovi in an SU...

He missed once and I rammed into his side and pumped a couple of shells into the ammo box.

Also recently I was in the IS in Konigs and I was gleefully gunning down some infantry when, from clear across the map I see a puff of smoke. Now, I was angled perfectly for where the majority of fire would be coming from, but this guy had a straight shot at me from the front. I blasted him with an HE shell but then thought "I wonder where that faus..." *boom*

Upvote 0
Yesterday on Lyes Krovy, I was a Russian with a PPS-43. I'd got out of the trenches and ran through the forest to the Communication Bunker, I layed down outisde and emptied my magizine into the bunker, killing everyone in the trench connected to it as well.

So, I crawled inside and began an heroic defense like I've never done before. I shot down anyone who entered the trench, sometimes 3 or 4 Germans at a time. Even an MGer, hipfiring his way into the bunker couldn't stop me. I then picked up his MG-34, reloaded and continued mowing down all who came into my sights. My MG belt ran dry when a submachinegunner came into the bunker and fired off a whole magazine without hitting me while I crouched behind some boxes. Luckily the German in the bunker with me was shot by one of my comrades just outside the bunker. I reloaded the MG and continued my defense.

I can't quite remember what happened now... But I was eventually killed, possibly when I had to reload again. I must have killed a fair few Germans though, at least 15 I'd say (I play with HUD off and when it gets this intense, counting your kills in your head becomes nearly impossible, not to mention unecessary).

Upvote 0
Had a pretty awesome round on Danzig recently on the RTR server.

Had the SVT :)D), and we were out of reinforcements with about 3 minutes left. Germans still had 7%. I run outside the CC to the left exit (the long alleyway that's not used nearly as much), and then cut into that section in front of the CC (with the bombed out buildings and one German spawn exit). I hip shoot two Germans and then continue into the right bombed out building which leads me to Langer. I hip shoot another German in the process. I nade an MGer and nail a rifleman guarding the entrance to the windows overlooking Langer, and then shoot a Sniper in the back who wasn't paying good enough attention to his surroundings :D.

I look out the window and nail two Germans and then get behind the counter in the kitchen area and crouch, with my trusty SVT rested. By now the Germans are down to 0% as well and it's VERY close. An MGer and a rifleman pop out and I nail both, though the rifleman I had to nade because he ran back inside near the stairs. I decide to risk it and stay in the same spot behind the counter. The same MGer throws a few nades at me and hurts me but doesn't kill me (very hard spot to get a nade to). I run up to him and pop him a second time. I then get behind the stairs so that I can shoot people running up them. The SAME MGer comes up the stairs and, expecting me at the counter still, is surprised when I show up closer to the spawn :D. I nail him AGAIN. Finally, I get directly on the stairs, and nail him one last FIFTH time before deciding to run out into Langer to help cap it. I kill one German in the back and then turn around just in time to see a German running at me with a primed nade. I shoot and miss and he ducks behind a brick. I get up to run but... alas, the nade had landed perfectly on me :D.

I probably killed 15 Germans on that streak, it was awesome. I especially feel sorry for that poor MGer :p.

We still lost, but we came very, very close to winning, despite our rather large disadvantage when we got to 0%. If only I'd managed to dodge that nade... :(

Upvote 0
Well today I think I had the best moment in RO,ever.
Was playing on the Luftwaffe German server,Kriegstadt,no death messages, just the way I like it.
We were stuck at the Deutsche Bank for a long time and the Germans were putting up a good fight.The thing was they had completely forgotten about their reinforcements so by the time we had gotten to the Moltke bridge they had about 5% reinforcements left and 7 minutes to endure.
On the approach,through the street in front of the Moabit hotel the team really shaped up and we were going through them like a hot knife through butter (pardon the corny reference).What really made my day was the fact that the guys on the team were actually listening to commands and suggestions and after we captured the Moabit Strasse we formed a makeshift squad of about 8 people and went on to the Moltke approach to get it and had no problems at all.Moments like these really restore my faith in RO public servers.

A screen I took while I was still amazed,just so you don't say it ain't true :p

Shot00349-1.jpg

Upvote 0
My best moment was on Luftwaffe playing Kreigstadt too a few days back. As Axis on the final objective managed to get an MG42 set up firing from the flank onto the bridge. We were down to 5% at 5mins when the russians set up a massive rush, using the IS2 as cover. Id been keeping low for a wwhile and had just repositioned, and managed to get 5 of them as they rushed from behind the tank. My god the MG42 is lethal on Kreigstadt!

We lost ultimately, but it was hard fought to the very end and a massive effort from both sides. When a game comes down to the line like that the result is irrelevant, its so much fun regardless.

Upvote 0
Yesterday on red october I was defending central yard on russians was shooting germans left right and centre then they took it and I ran out of ammo and didn't have time to reload as it was crawling with germans so I ran out of the bit in the middle and stepped on top of a prone german bashed him and then bashed one of his friends that tried to shoot me about 4 times then another spawn wave came along and I died lol :D

Upvote 0
Kreigstadt beta2 on RTR server I think, I played as a German.

There was some lag problems, so I took advantage of that and me getting left behind enemy lines plus a soviet time crunch by fausting tanks/shooting allies in the back till I depleted my ammunition.

Then I dropped all my weapons, went to the Allie spawn area. They spawned, nobody noticed me, they run to the bridge, I run with them, dropped on the ridge. Again everybody runs past me, nobody notices me. I lay there for a minute laughing my *** off. Pick up somebody's PPSh, shoot the MGer. That SAME guy comes back, starts shooting again, I shoot him again, pick up MG. Start shooting at the running Allies, and die :(

I wasn't terribly effective, but just being among the enemy and not one single person noticing you, was pretty hilarious.

I think I took some screenshots too, I'll try to dig them up, post them.

Edit:here are some pictures, I even resized them.
Shot00574s.jpg

Shot00575s.jpg

Shot00576s.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kriegstadt, Germans putting up a hell of a fight at the Moltke bridge after losing most of the map rather quickly. MG42 fire mowing our guys down even prior to the bridge entrance. Tanks were being only moderately effective, avoiding the river bank for fear of getting fausted. After continuous heavy casualties across the bridge we requested a tank charge since time was running out. I was a tanker myself but have been alive and engaged in street combat with the infantry after I got out of my burning SU-76 after sustaining damage combating the Panther turret waaay back. Needless to say I picked up a G43 from a German corpse and advanced with the infantry miraculously staying alive. Anyway we organized a group of two tanks and the infantry huddled behind debris on the bridge waiting to charge in behind them. As the tanks approached the guys starting lining up behind the tanks. More than 12 guys including myself got behind the JS-2, fighting for precious cover as the bullets wizzed by and ricocheted off the tanks. Men would fall next to me in a scream of agony and a cloud of red mist. The first tank leading the way had been knocked out and the 7 guys behind it mowed down. It was up to us. Our tank swerved to the right avoiding the burning wreck and scattered corpses, exposing a few infantry, 2 more fell but those that fell were replaced by those previously cowering behind objects along the bridge. We broke through the final berm and dispersed, getting the cap within 3 mins of ending the session. What a glorious moment, those that had fallen, your sacrifice will not go forgotten!!

Upvote 0
Recently I had two neat experiences on Kriegstadt with death messages turned off.

The first was when I systematically cleared out the whole Bank by sneaking up behind all the gunners and buttsmacked them as they looked out the window. It's always great when there's like three people looking out the windows and you just move down the line sticking/smacking each one.

The second, I was storming the Hotel when an MG caught me and shot my weapons away. I made it across but, needless to say, I wasn't going back for them unless I wanted a lead enema. So, weaponless, I stalked up the stairs to at least try and hide, and help cap. Of course I ran into a German SMGer, he opens up on me but must have forgotten reload because he only gets a few rounds off before his mag goes dry. I freak, but notice that there's an MP41 lying on the ground nearby. As the guy is reloading, I scramble for it, grab it, and kill him. Just then a bolter comes up, sees me and hipshoots but misses. I aim at him, fire, but now I'M dry because in the scramble I didn't pick up the ammo pouch. So the bolter goes in for the bayo, , I dodge to the side. I think he got a stab in before I smacked him in the head. After that I pickd up the ammo from the first SMG guy, and went on my way.

Upvote 0
Playing on the custom map Arad 1941, two motorcyclists (one engineer with satchels, one anti-tanker with panzerfausts) made a simultaneous charge on me as I was about to enter North Village and I managed to take both of them out even though both were in point-blank range.

So what's the big deal, you ask? I was solotanking an SU-76! The first I managed to swing the whole vehicle around, swap to gunner, adjust fire, and kill all in about two seconds. The second (the engineer) jumped off his motorcycle when I rammed it. He threw charges at me but I ran over him and managed to get far enough away that they did no damage.

My other grand moment was on the Arad SH map, also playing tank commander but this time in a T-34/85. I'm at full speed going through North Village toward South Village in a desperate attempt to keep the Axis from capping it, and about to be passed by a BA-64 clown car doing the same thing. Out of nowhere, I get panzerfausted from the side just as a Tiger in South Field fires on me. My tank goes deep red, and the clown car goes completely out of control and lands on its side. We both jump out, but I've only got a pistol and the Panzerfauster is shooting at me with an MP40 while the Tiger is laying into the both of us with his MG. I dodge, duck, and see no way out as I'm pinned between them with the clown car providing cover from the Tiger's MG coax. So I quickly jump in the upended clown car and manage to hit the infantry with the MG despite having to fire while lying on my side. Then I jumped out just as the Tiger shoots the clown car, and run into the radio house with my binoculars. He's still proudly sitting there when the artillery lands on him.

God, how I wish I always played that well.

Upvote 0
I was a Soviet rifleman on Konigsplatz with a Mosin-Nagant M1938, and I killed about 4 Germans. Here are the kills:

Soldier #1: As I was priming an F1 Grenade, he shot me. Walked over and BOOM!
Soldier #2: Also killed by a 'nade.
Soldier #3: My first iron-sights, bolt-action kill! He was throwing grenades around like an idiot, and I shot his stomach open.
Soldier #4: Either shot or grenaded, I can't remember.:eek:

Upvote 0
I was plying a game of Kriegstadt just today. I was a German MG42 gunner and we had 3 or 4 guys using VOIP to coordinate the team. We let the Russians have apartments and command post, though I clotheslined a good number with arcs of mg fire, then we REALY opened up on them at the Dornburg apartments. An RTR guy whose name in leet roughly translated to "leyte gulf" had the entire street locked down with mg42, supported by another couple of guys. But what really amazed me is the comradeship and cooperation we got into holding off the Russians. When I was holding the hall with the mg42, I knew that when my teammates said "I got you covered" they meant it. Every kill of mine was a contribution to the team, every death a crushing feeling of letting everyone down.

Then the server crashed :mad:

(no RO isn't that big of a deal to me I just like to write like it is; it was pretty cool though.)

Upvote 0