• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF You wanted a Ball character...

I've been playing killing floor since before the ball was released. I had a chance to preorder the ball but didn't and have regretted it ever since. Next month I'll finally be able to play as Harchier. So thank you very much TWI for making this character available to everyone who has wanted it all these years.

As for everyone else who still wants the first skin, either buy the ball and quit your complaining or keep dreaming because hes NEVER coming back! :D

Upvote 0
I have had so called exclusive never to be got again extra's before, (not from here) then they release or even give away months after, being lied to like that and backstabbed aint nice.

So hat off to u sir for not breaking that word. Whether or not this is to increase profits is neither here nor there unless going to turn this into a political and world conditioning thread ;)
As most are getting up in arms over skins you would assume that when the new one is released that if ever saw the skins they would be able to see the differences no matter how cosmetic or subtle they are, and all still with their own uniqueness intact xD

In my opinion having a carrot dangled infront of one's nose thats unobtainable is just a tease, thats not fair or nice to those if wanting to "complete" the collection/game, so hiding from view for those that cant grab the carrot would seem to be the right thing to do xD

Upvote 0
Well, so many people have wanted their own Harchier Spebbington - the hero from The Ball - that we decided to do something about it for you! Everyone who pre-ordered The Ball back in the day got a free playable character character in Killing Floor - and that character will remain just for those people, a "genuine" Harchier Spebbington, as promised.

But now we are introducing a "new" Harchier Spebbington. Everyone who owns The Ball (pre-ordered or bought later) will get this "new" Harchier Spebbington free in their copy of Killing Floor. Those who pre-ordered will have both versions, of course. The "new" Harchier Spebbington will be making his appearance in Killing Floor closer to Christmas. More details (including screenshots) nearer the time.

To help out with this, The Ball is currently on a one day sale (18 Nov 2013 - CLICK HERE) to help all of those who want to be ready for the new character. AND there is a new stand-alone puzzle level being released shortly for The Ball. Free to everyone who owns The Ball, of course.

I may be alone in this opinion, but I'm disappointed in you and TWI. Whenever someone has asked for that skin, TWI has said "no" because they viewed HS as a promise. Breaking that promise would be breaking their word. The last few times this skin was was brought up, you've occasionally replied and were quoted the last time "It will not happen." http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1184595&postcount=199

You can make some excuse how this "isn't" the exact skin, but for all intents and purposes it is.

Upvote 0
I may be alone in this opinion, but I'm disappointed in you and TWI. Whenever someone has asked for that skin, TWI has said "no" because they viewed HS as a promise. Breaking that promise would be breaking their word. The last few times this skin was was brought up, you've occasionally replied and were quoted the last time "It will not happen." <a href="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1184595&postcount=199" target="_blank">http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1184595&postcount=199

You can make some excuse how this "isn't" the exact skin, but for all intents and purposes it is.

It's call a compromise, Butter. "A compromise is only a compromise if all parties leave the table unsatisfied". They did a brilliant job of that, the yea and nah sayers both were disgruntled over this decision but got over it. To me, that is a stroke of brilliance to strike a middle ground and put a little money in their pocket with ending this whole debacle.

Upvote 0
It's call a compromise, Butter. "A compromise is only a compromise if all parties leave the table unsatisfied". They did a brilliant job of that, the yea and nah sayers both were disgruntled over this decision but got over it. To me, that is a stroke of brilliance to strike a middle ground and put a little money in their pocket with ending this whole debacle.

There was no compromise to make. TWI had a special promotion years ago that a few people missed and years later a very small group of the same people whined about it. TWI had three choices they could make:

1) Break their word and rerelease HS
2) Break their word and release a similar HS
3) Keep their word

TWI even stated directly that they viewed the HS skin as a promise.

I don't think what they did was brilliant. I think what they did was weaselly. I think they broke their word and for no good reason at that. Look, I'm not here to argue this. What's done is done. I posted here to voice my disappointment in Wilson, TWI, and whomever else was in this decision.

Upvote 0
People praised Epic when they released a modified "Thrashball Cole" player model that was a beta exclusive in Gears of War 3. And that's exactly what TWI did.

If anything, I was bummed that many friends I've made via KF complimenting me on my Harchier Spebbington skin couldn't get it for themselves anymore.

But now that HS II is out, I can gift 'em copies of The Ball (which personally I felt was underrated) so they can enjoy the skin and game as well. All while honoring pre-orders by keeping the original Harchier Spebbington genuine.

If Solus (the spiritual sequel to The Ball) decides to toss another pre-order incentive to us KF fans, I'm sure everyone will be more attentive this time. :)

Upvote 0
Just to put a small word in. I do believe Nutter is quite right. It sorta is a way of saying "here have this, now shut up" instead of the basic "no chance" that has been said for so long. TWI's move wasn't the best but it is a way of moving around it. It was a 50/50 risky move and it seems to of paid off. I wont complain about the result but already I have seen threads or talk of "it's not him though, we want the real character".

Upvote 0
Just to put a small word in. I do believe Nutter is quite right. It sorta is a way of saying "here have this, now shut up" instead of the basic "no chance" that has been said for so long. TWI's move wasn't the best but it is a way of moving around it. It was a 50/50 risky move and it seems to of paid off. I wont complain about the result but already I have seen threads or talk of "it's not him though, we want the real character".

Of course, there are going to be people that still refuse to accept the deal. The point is that TWI made their stance on it and its done, no more, finished.

Upvote 0
People praised Epic when they released a modified "Thrashball Cole" player model that was a beta exclusive in Gears of War 3. And that's exactly what TWI did.

If anything, I was bummed that many friends I've made via KF complimenting me on my Harchier Spebbington skin couldn't get it for themselves anymore.

But now that HS II is out, I can gift 'em copies of The Ball (which personally I felt was underrated) so they can enjoy the skin and game as well. All while honoring pre-orders by keeping the original Harchier Spebbington genuine.

If Solus (the spiritual sequel to The Ball) decides to toss another pre-order incentive to us KF fans, I'm sure everyone will be more attentive this time. :)
SPEAKING OF! 'Ya know the liquid green metal skin in GOW3? Yeah, the unique one? I scammed some dude for that because I was a stupid 13 year old and 2 months later they released it for DLC. I (kinda) WORKED FOR THAT, EPIC!

Upvote 0
SPEAKING OF! 'Ya know the liquid green metal skin in GOW3? Yeah, the unique one? I scammed some dude for that because I was a stupid 13 year old and 2 months later they released it for DLC. I (kinda) WORKED FOR THAT, EPIC!

I feel you, man. Reminds me of when I bought 3 copies of Mortal Kombat 9 for all the klassic skins....only to have the DLC for all of them released a few months later. At least I got two fight sticks out of it.

Aye, the plight of the Unreal Engine. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0