• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You asked about patches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
akd said:
3,670,000 m44's were produced by Izhevsk arsenal from 1943-1944, 50,000 of those in 1943 for field trials. To this you can add a small number manufactered by Tula in 1944. Over 3 million more were made in 1945. The post-1945 manufacture of Russian m44s totals less the 500,000 (this does not include similar clones manufactered in East Bloc countries and China).

Correct, but what you fail to mention is that the Izhevsk rifles are not hex. They are all round reiciever.

The Tula M44 with Hex reciever is extremely rare so I am hoping that this is not what the developers are moddeling. That is my whole beef.

Even Tula eventually started making round reciever Mosin Nagants IIRC.

Still I guess I should be happy that they are moddeling something that actually exitsted although rare, unlike the hex PU in the game currently that never existed at all.

The hex M38 is another fubar AFAIAC.

I have yet to get any confirmation that the M44 that we will get will actually be round reciever or not.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Correct, but what you fail to mention is that the Izhevsk rifles are not hex. They are all round reiciever.

The Tula M44 with Hex reciever is extremely rare so I am hoping that this is not what the developers are moddeling. That is my whole beef.

Even Tula eventually started making round reciever Mosin Nagants IIRC.

Still I guess I should be happy that they are moddeling something that actually exitsted although rare, unlike the hex PU in the game currently that never existed at all.

The hex M38 is another fubar AFAIAC.

I have yet to get any confirmation that the M44 that we will get will actually be round reciever or not.

GonzoX said:
So you DON'T want ROOST to be historically accurate? :confused:

To each his own I guess.

Maybe I care too much.

Bring on the lime green SKS rifles with lazers attached then. I give up.
Another good game goes down the hill to appeas the kiddies.:(

You are entertaining. Kids LOVE hex receivers.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Speaking of filtering things out...

You do realize that you can use your UserCP to filter out all my postings so that you do not have to see or respond to them right?

God forbid if a paying customer loves RO enought not to see it changed into another BF2 kiddie shooter and post accordingly. How dare I! :mad:

Anyway, filter away my friend. That way all you can read is the fanboi stuff and anything crittical will be silenced on your screen.

<sarcasm>In the mean time, bring on the lime green laser pointing SKS rifles or sharks with lazers on their heads. <sarcasm/> :rolleyes:

It's not the fact that you disagree with people or bring a different side to things, it's the way you go about doing it. Your two "solo-tank" threads and now two full pages of ranting about a bolt on a rifle just seems a little much.

I'm all for a healthy debate and people disagreeing with my opinion (and for the record, I have no opinion on the m44 except that I'm thankful for the free update), but I just don't like the way you go about arguing.

Thanks for the tip about the filter in the user cp. I didn't know that existed.

Upvote 0
akd said:
You are entertaining. Kids LOVE hex receivers.

This is where we are headed folks, Enjoy the future:
tacmosin.jpg

Upvote 0
CaptRanger said:
It's not the fact that you disagree with people or bring a different side to things, it's the way you go about doing it. Your two "solo-tank" threads and now two full pages of ranting about a bolt on a rifle just seems a little much.

I'm all for a healthy debate and people disagreeing with my opinion (and for the record, I have no opinion on the m44 except that I'm thankful for the free update), but I just don't like the way you go about arguing.

Thanks for the tip about the filter in the user cp. I didn't know that existed.

Ok, great. Go ahead and killfile me then. Thanks.

Glad you finally got the hint.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Reciever

Reciever

Can someone please show me a picture of this hex receiver? I'm not a firearms expert so I don't know all the technical terms for gun parts. I do know what the bolt is and stock and the like, but I don't know what a reciever is, and I have yet to see something hexagonal on the MN.

Edit: NVM I did some research and found out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wrote up a big thing on this issue, but the internet acted up and I lost it.

Go here http://7.62x54r.net/

akd you know your stuff. Do you shoot or own any guns from WW2?

The sound of the nagant bolt (cocking and sliding) sounds just like the real thing. Same as with the K98. I have shot these alot so I know.
Neat little fact FFl holders can by these nagants for 70$ and k98's for 150$
Crazy ain't it.

Upvote 0
Chris45 said:

The sound of the nagant bolt (cocking and sliding) sounds just like the real thing. Same as with the K98. I have shot these alot so I know.
Crazy ain't it.

And here is a little tidbit that you may not know. The Nagant M1895 will shoot S&W 32 Long just fine.

No need to buy the super expensive and hard to find Nagant ammo.

Like many of you here, I collect and shoot WWII rifles and this is why stuff like this bothers me.

Let me explain: THIS IS THE ONLY FPS that even comes close to getting it right. All the other PFSs out there are wannabes that drum down firearm realism either out of their own ignorance or to appeas the Xbox crowd.

This is why this is such a big issue with me.

Upvote 0
Chris45 said:

Crazy ain't it.

I don't know my stuff. mosinnagant.net and 7.62x54R.net know their stuff. ;) But yes, I collect and shoot, although I am relatively new to it. As it stands now, 5 Finn Mosin-Nagants, a Spanish Civil War wz. 29 Mauser, a Yugoslav capture K98 and a goofy old Remington Mosin-Nagant that I am trying to rid myself of.

And for the person who asked:

hex receiver (hex as in "hexagonal," i.e. six-sided)
Rec1top.jpg

round receiver
Rec2top.jpg

Yoshiro said:
Nagant ammo is hard to find? 7.62x54r right? I can pick up a box of 20 for a 1.50 USD ...

or a box of 400 corrosive rounds for 30.00 USD ...

I believe he means 7.62x38R for the Nagant revolver. Why he felt the urge to bring that up I don't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
Nagant ammo is hard to find? 7.62x54r right? I can pick up a box of 20 for a 1.50 USD ...

or a box of 400 corrosive rounds for 30.00 USD ...

I was not talking about 7.62x54R

I was talking about 7.62Nagant for the M1895 revolver. AKA 7.62x38R which costs about $50 per x 100 rounds.

Chris45 mentioned the $70 Nagants. I purchased one of these Nagant Revolvers with my C&R FFL for about $80. He may have been talking about the $70 Mosin Nagant and forgot to put "Mosin". You would have to ask him.

That reminds me, what happened the Nagant M1895 Revolver in the old RO Mod? If there is one gun that actually belongs in ROOST that would defenitely be one of them and now it is missing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Endless Off-Topic moaning for 2+ pages about something you havent even seen or tried yet? Check. You know who you are, now stop it.

RO is not an online virtual digital museum for people to stand around masterbating over pixel-perfect models down to the smallest nuts and bolts (though its not far off being that hehe), its a GAME.

Now with that said, i am a perfectionist who likes to see as much accuracy with weapon or vehicle models as any of you guys, little things annoy me too when they arent accurate - but there is more to having a realistic game than JUST perfect models...i would rather have a 2 poly block with accurate physics and bullet drop than a perfectly modelled rifle that acts like a Doom BFG. These things take time, be patient...it may not be perfect first time around, but that doesnt mean it wont be later when more important things are finished ;)

Now please, lets stop clogging up the thread over multiple pages with the idiotic assumptions like THIS. You should already know that RO (mod OR beta) limits weapons to an accurate timeframe, so the accusations of MN44s being on 1942 maps etc is borderline stupidity at worst and a weak argument at best.

Plus we have an ideas and suggestions forum just for arguments like this :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.