• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You asked about patches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now please don't think i'm ungrateful. I am very excited about the patch and I am looking forward to the changes.

But to the people who are freaking out orgasmicly about two new weapons, you DO realize that these new weapons are pretty much the same as two weapons that are already in the game, right? Beyond tiny changes, the MP-41 is just a MP-40 with a solid wood stock, and the M44 is just a M38 with a bayonet.

Now i'm excited about the new weapons because I like variety. I'm just wondering outloud wether or not some people who don't know enough about small arms think that they're getting two weapons with radically different functions and appearances from what they've been playing with all along.

Upvote 0
Ouroboros said:
Now please don't think i'm ungrateful. I am very excited about the patch and I am looking forward to the changes.

But to the people who are freaking out orgasmicly about two new weapons, you DO realize that these new weapons are pretty much the same as two weapons that are already in the game, right? Beyond tiny changes, the MP-41 is just a MP-40 with a solid wood stock, and the M44 is just a M38 with a bayonet.

Now i'm excited about the new weapons because I like variety. I'm just wondering outloud wether or not some people who don't know enough about small arms think that they're getting two weapons with radically different functions and appearances from what they've been playing with all along.

True but many are exicited because we'll finally get to play the tanks the way they were meant to be bug free, hopefully it will stop alot of tank tactics revolving around the two shots to kill a tank thing.

Upvote 0
Ouroboros said:

I think most people are happy and grateful that we're getting something new at all... and FREE!

If people want to be happy, I say let them be happy. Anyone that craps on the devs for what they give us in an update is out of their minds!

Upvote 0
yeah, all of the weapons and tank fixes are good but that still doesn't solve the infantry bugs.
Clipping is a major bug in this game and sometimes spoils what could be a great game. This particular bug is very prominent when your enemy uses the lean feature.
When an enemy leans around a window frame or doorway, there are many instances where you can't shoot them but they can shoot you.

It doesn't happen all the time but it happens an awful lot of the time and i would really like to know if the TWI staff are aware of it.

Thanks,
Even though i'm complaining i still appreciate the work being done:)

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
You do realize we filter what weapons you can use by the year of the map right?

Are you saying that you will filter a 1945 / Cold War M44 into a 1942 map?

This is exactly what I am afraid of.

I thought ROOST was all about realism?

Since you work for Tripwire, can you confirm whether it will have the correct round reciever or will it be fudged with a hex reciever like the PU and 38 are?

Upvote 0
CaptRanger said:
Whenever I see a post by Gonzox I tend to skip right over it...

Could a dev chime in and say if there are any changes (or planned changes) for class selection?

Speaking of filtering things out...

You do realize that you can use your UserCP to filter out all my postings so that you do not have to see or respond to them right?

God forbid if a paying customer loves RO enought not to see it changed into another BF2 kiddie shooter and post accordingly. How dare I! :mad:

Anyway, filter away my friend. That way all you can read is the fanboi stuff and anything crittical will be silenced on your screen.

<sarcasm>In the mean time, bring on the lime green laser pointing SKS rifles or sharks with lazers on their heads. <sarcasm/> :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
King Ragnar said:
Well in thge mod Mp41 was very different from the 40 it fired differently, noise differed and the recoil was diferent.

This is true. Also not as common on the battlefield as somebody noted and also in there because part of the arwork is the same I guess.

But I welcom it for two reason: 1)It had a slower rate of fire which I prefer and because of this...2)I had less recoil so was deadlier. The buttstock also helped to control the weapon.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Do you know how many? Have a picture of one?

Show me a man that owns a WWII issued Hex Reciever M44 and I will show you a rich man. That is how extremely rare they are.

This is why I am bothered by it's inclusion. I thought that ROOST was about realism. How realistic would it be to see an entire squad of 1942 soldiers carrying 1945 dated super-rare hex reciever M44s?

I really hope I am wrong about the hex reciever part. Honestly I am. If it turns out to be hex then I would be afraid that the game was taking a different turn in development than what the mod was originally intended for. The M44 was produced roughly from 1945 to 1953 so in essence Tripwire is including a post-war / cold-war weapon into ROOST. That in itself is bad enough, but if they make it a hex reciever that would make it totally unralistic IMHO. And the weapon wold only show up (or should) in 1945 dated maps like Berlin. How many 1945 dated maps does ROOST have?

What's next? An SKS? I don't like where this is going but that's just my opinion. An AVT would have been a wiser choice.

3,670,000 m44's were produced by Izhevsk arsenal from 1943-1944, 50,000 of those in 1943 for field trials. To this you can add a small number manufactered by Tula in 1944. Over 3 million more were made in 1945. The post-1945 manufacture of Russian m44s totals less the 500,000 (this does not include similar clones manufactered in East Bloc countries and China).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.