• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You asked about patches... Part II

Yeah a changelog would be nice. Some questions:

1. What do you mean autobalance is "kinda" fixed? Does it work or not? Please elaborate.

2. Guys still stick straight up in air?

3. Can you still kill prone guys by running on top of them? Do you still bounce when running over proned players?

4. Can you still crawl on top of a 4 foot object while proning?

5. Do grenades still explode without leaving your hand? (While holding grenade back, if you hit crouch, then you find yourself unable to throw the grenade, but it explodes anyway)

6. Is the K98 safety fixed? (someone may have asked this already)

7. Does the Tiger still have Fiefel? :)p just joking, that doesn't really matter...well unless you are an anal retentive tank person like myself)

8. Has manual reloading been added for tanks? I.e. do you still have to wait for a tank shell to be auto-loaded before you can choose another type?

9. Do you still have to wait for the co-ax to be reloaded before you can fire the main gun? I forget which tanks this seems to effect, but there is an issue where even if your main gun is loaded, you can't fire it if your co-ax is being reloaded.

10. Since panzerfausts should now have improved damage modeling, do you still run around with 3 of them as an AT guy?

11. Besides optimizations to loading times, have you done any optimizations to tank maps? In other words, on Arad with a full 32 players, will lag still set in on many servers?

12. With that said, is there still the bug where you press the fire key but no tank shell leaves the barrel?

13. Has the issue been fixed where you can supply an "enemy" MG with ammo? E.G. you are German, your German comrade picks up a DP on the battlefield, you run up to him, but you somehow have spare DP pans to resupply him with.

14. Does the MG 42 still lack assault mode of fire? :)p yes another joke, since I know the devs won't change this, but historical nonetheless)

15. Do you still lose all of your ammo when "Weapon Shot Out of Your Hand?"

16. Has BA-64 speed been reduced over rough terrain? Or teleporting out of it at high speed? Just anything to keep them from being the uber AT weapon they have become. Can guys still toss satchels accurately out the top of them at speed?

Finally, just out of curiousity, I noticed in the pic of the MP41 he is holding it by the magazine. Is this because you took the picture as you were beginning the reload animation? What I mean is, will the avatar hold the MP-41 by the wooden forestock as in the mod? Doesn't really matter, just curious.

I am looking forward to finally playing the armor portion of this game as was intended and advertised. I know some people have enjoyed tanks up till this point, but for tread heads like myself, it has been a major source of contention and irritation with cheesy tank "tactics" in RO.

BTW nice to see that Arad has stone walls. I know that some others, along with myself, suggested this because it looks less silly for a tank to have trouble surmounting a stone wall than it does a picket fence :D Same with shot not being able to penetrate.

Upvote 0
This looks sweet! I can't wait to try out the new Arad! Finaly the infantry will have some places to hide and set up AT rifles! With any luck more players will play as people with rifles instead of all useing SMGs to kill enemies at short range all the time on that map.

Its' good to see the devs changing things and fixing maps that need things added or removed. One question in those screenshots of the updated Arad the windows are open. Dose this mean we can hide in more buildings on the map? That would realy give infantry a chance to do some house to house fighting and give AT people more places to hide and wait for none aware tankers that think they are safe in the little towns.

Upvote 0
Maybe if I also use BOLD LETTERING and/or BRIGHTLY COLOURED TEXT in this thread then the things I want changed in RO most will magically also be included in the patch.

Unfortunately the patch will only contain what it already contains. If you want other stuff added then that has to come as a later patch. There is a limited amount of resources and the more that is added now, the longer the developement and the more testing is needed and therefore you, the public, have an even longer wait for it.

There is a fine balance between making a patch that does everything and takes forever, or making a patch that does a lot of importnat stuff and is released before mass hysteria sets in.

So relax and enjoy this patch, enjoy the fixes, enjoy the new weapons and most of all just enjoy the fact it will come soon, and please stop expecting it to be the answer to absolutely everyone of your wishes.

Upvote 0
Jack said:
Yeah a changelog would be nice. Some questions:

1. What do you mean autobalance is "kinda" fixed? Does it work or not? Please elaborate.

I shouldn't have said kinda. The game no longer recongizes a player till he selects a team

8. Has manual reloading been added for tanks? I.e. do you still have to wait for a tank shell to be auto-loaded before you can choose another type?

No

9. Do you still have to wait for the co-ax to be reloaded before you can fire the main gun? I forget which tanks this seems to effect, but there is an issue where even if your main gun is loaded, you can't fire it if your co-ax is being reloaded.

On these tanks the gunner and the reloader were the same person, thus if he is reloading one gun, he can't fire the other.

15. Do you still lose all of your ammo when "Weapon Shot Out of Your Hand?"

Yes, we don't think we have a better method to replace what we have yet.

16. Has BA-64 speed been reduced over rough terrain? Or teleporting out of it at high speed? Just anything to keep them from being the uber AT weapon they have become. Can guys still toss satchels accurately out the top of them at speed?

The BA has seen some tweaking.

I am looking forward to finally playing the armor portion of this game as was intended and advertised. I know some people have enjoyed tanks up till this point, but for tread heads like myself, it has been a major source of contention and irritation with cheesy tank "tactics" in RO.

BTW nice to see that Arad has stone walls. I know that some others, along with myself, suggested this because it looks less silly for a tank to have trouble surmounting a stone wall than it does a picket fence :D Same with shot not being able to penetrate.

On the questions I did not answer you can assume either there was no change for this patch or I forgot the answer. Keep in mind this patch will not fix everything that needs fixing/tweaking. If it did, you wouldn't see it for some time still :) . Some fixes just didn't make it in time, others need more complex work, and still others need more study on our part to figure out how these things change the final game.

Upvote 0
Oleg
Dull map for tank n00bs with very little tactics. (Still better than Barashka though)
Now that the tanks have been changed your really gonna see a difference in tactics.
Jack
What I mean is, will the avatar hold the MP-41 by the wooden forestock as in the mod?
Sorry, no. Though I don't remember it being like that in the mod. Anyways, yeah held the same as MP40.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
On the questions I did not answer you can assume either there was no change for this patch or I forgot the answer.

Will you guys be updateing some of the other maps too? I can think of some others that could use some touching up like the fallowing:

Bondarevo: This map has roads that stick out like sore thumbs! Its' an ugly map with only some tall weeds in big patches on the ground where the farm is. It could also use some touch ups with grass on the ground for cover like you guys did to Arad, and for god sake make the durt roads blend into the ground better it looks like a kid painted it.

Barashka: This map also needs a touch up with more cover for infantry. Add some snow covered stone walls like in Arad around the houses, with some snow covered roads for us to fallow. Right now it looks like a bunch of houses were built in the middle of no where and they never made a road for people to travle on. Also the Train station could use a full trian on it with it as an Axis Objective. AKA we could fight inside the trian and camp out with a place to hide from the massive amounts of tanks on the map.

Kaukasus: This map needs some more grass on it and better looking ground textures, and please fix the old Stone walls and walk ways on the back route they look like plastic.

Ogledow: This map needs somthing to make it look more real. It has a nice looking farm in front of the german spawn but then there is this ugly bombed out building with a grass covered floor? I know this might make the map drop in FPS for some people but it would look a whole lot better if it had a real floor to it with steps in and out all the door ways. Plus the grass should be like it is on the new Arad patches of it should stand up off the ground so infantry can hide.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
On the questions I did not answer you can assume either there was no change for this patch or I forgot the answer. Keep in mind this patch will not fix everything that needs fixing/tweaking. If it did, you wouldn't see it for some time still :) . Some fixes just didn't make it in time, others need more complex work, and still others need more study on our part to figure out how these things change the final game.

Yeah, it's just that the frontpage said "many fixes including:..." so I was curious what some of the other fixes/additions were.

PS: I still don't understand what you mean with the autobalance. Player isn't "recognized?" Doesn't that mean people will just select teams as they always do? In other words, will there be a Autobalance button that allows you to be put onto the team that needs you the most or not?

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
The auto team select button functions as it should now.
I guess that will help the teams issue a little.

Though, unless I am mistaken or ill-informed, it still appears as though people are free to join whatever team they want, regardless of imbalance.

Or is it like in the mod, where a new player can either select the team with fewer players or the autoselect buttons but not select the team that has more people on it?

Upvote 0
I think it will help a lot.

Many people I think don't know the autobalance is messed up, so they just click it and don't realize the teams are stacked 20-12.

Of course, there are still going to be those people who only play Germans, or only play the side that has it "easier" on a given map.

Upvote 0
Jack said:
I think it will help a lot.

Many people I think don't know the autobalance is messed up, so they just click it and don't realize the teams are stacked 20-12.

Of course, there are still going to be those people who only play Germans, or only play the side that has it "easier" on a given map.

Teams are keep a lot more even with the changes that were made, from what I've seen.

Upvote 0
Sclass12 said:
Quick, someone get GonzoX in here! He'd be delighted to hear that the M44 has a round reciever!

Yes very nice. Big kudos to the modeler. Thanks a ton.
It's not quite right but good enough attempt for me.

I was expecting to come in here and say "I told you so" but now Im eating crow. Can we expect the round reciever to be added to the PU Sniper later?

I am also pleased that the bayonet is fixed. You have to remember that in WWII the russians had all their bayonets permanently fixed and were punished if they took it off I have read.

Thanks Tripwire, you came through.

Would like to think my gripping had something to do with it but...:)

Upvote 0