• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Lighting the fire and bringing the boom

Not the only one. I love my MAC-10 sniping. I really hope it gets added as a sidegrade later. Or at least something that can snipe

Doesn't really fit in KF2 anymore if you ask me. With the speed of ZED's and the lack of a slowdown/crisp and burn damage seen from using the flamethrower, it wouldn't be nearly as useful with the faster moving ZED's.

Upvote 0
Doesn't really fit in KF2 anymore if you ask me. With the speed of ZED's and the lack of a slowdown/crisp and burn damage seen from using the flamethrower, it wouldn't be nearly as useful with the faster moving ZED's.

This. With the insane speed of zeds in KF2, you cant afford to let them burn anymore (frankly, I think you dont have time to let them burn in KF1 too, so I hated the perk). So KF2 bloats are always a tough choices... do I kill the headless body or let it block everything for 5 seconds (which is A LOT)?

Upvote 0
Seeking clarification, Gibson said in the video that the game was having a "free content pack" which meant it was receiveing 50% more than what the game was shipped with.

Problem is, the game was never comeplete to be shipped in the first place.

Because the whole time you have stated that there will be 10 perks.

Giving us 2 more perks in a content pack is not free. It is what people paid for.

I am able to forgive if it was simply marketing jargon, but if this is leading to paid perks i would not be impressed.
Could you confirm that when buying the game you will receive all 10 perks as described the full game is ought to have?

Especially considering the announcement that you will not be resetting stats as a way to get more players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seeking clarification, Gibson said in the video that the game was having a "free content pack" which meant it was receiveing 50% more than what the game was shipped with.

Problem is, the game was never comeplete to be shipped in the first place.

Because the whole time you have stated that there will be 10 perks.

Giving us 2 more perks in a content pack is not free. It is what people paid for.

I am able to forgive if it was simply marketing jargon, but if this is leading to paid perks i would not be impressed.
Could you confirm that when buying the game you will receive all 10 perks as described the full game is ought to have?

Especially considering the announcement that you will not be resetting stats as a way to get more players.

I think they made sure to say 'Free' because there are always idiots who will assume every addition to a game is DLC unless stated otherwise. Plus it makes it looks good to those who haven't bought the game like "Oh, they're putting loads of free content in, I should give it a go!"

Upvote 0
I think they made sure to say 'Free' because there are always idiots who will assume every addition to a game is DLC unless stated otherwise. Plus it makes it looks good to those who haven't bought the game like "Oh, they're putting loads of free content in, I should give it a go!"

Pretty much this.

The general public reacts positively when free content drops are labeled as free.

Will there be paid KF 2 content in the future? Almost with a certainty. The core game content will be free, and there will be other free content on top of that. Beyond that there will likely be unlocks and some paid content down the road.

Upvote 0
Pretty much this.

The general public reacts positively when free content drops are labeled as free.

Will there be paid KF 2 content in the future? Almost with a certainty. The core game content will be free, and there will be other free content on top of that. Beyond that there will likely be unlocks and some paid content down the road.

I think you guys are using the wrong terminology here. These perk additions are not so much 'content drops' as they are planned assets to be included in the finished game. Using the term 'content pack' for something like a perk that is already planned to be included in the final release implies that there could be potential of a paid content pack perk in the future. This isn't so much a content drop as it is just another iteration or update. I think that's where the confusion for many lies.

Upvote 0
Not the only one. I love my MAC-10 sniping. I really hope it gets added as a sidegrade later. Or at least something that can snipe

^my thoughts exactly.

Though the other posters have a point. The pacing of KF2 means the role of the firebug may have a different feel now. (which is unfortunate but lets wait to see how it feels).

Also inb4 someone nitpicks Yoshiro's post above me...

The core game includes 10 perks. That's been confirmed multiple times I think spanning all the way back to last fall.

Upvote 0
I think you guys are using the wrong terminology here. These perk additions are not so much 'content drops' as they are planned assets to be included in the finished game. Using the term 'content pack' for something like a perk that is already planned to be included in the final release implies that there could be potential of a paid content pack perk in the future. This isn't so much a content drop as it is just another iteration or update. I think that's where the confusion for many lies.

Because include "early access" into the trailer is too hard to do. Either way they want to mislead a group of audience. No way planned content added in an updates should be called free content packs. Its an big update, or gigantic update, lots of stuff is gonna be added, but its still an update in early access.

Upvote 0
Because include "early access" into the trailer is too hard to do. Either way they want to mislead a group of audience. No way planned content added in an updates should be called free content packs. Its an big update, or gigantic update, lots of stuff is gonna be added, but its still an update in early access.
I don't really think they are trying to mislead anybody. It's true that it's not technically the proper terminology, but like Yoshiro said, it's good to clarifiy that it doesn't cost any money. It doesn't really matter whether or not it should be free. The point is that they are telling people new content is being added ("content pack") and they are telling them it doesn't cost anything ("free")

Upvote 0
I don't really think they are trying to mislead anybody. It's true that it's not technically the proper terminology, but like Yoshiro said, it's good to clarifiy that it doesn't cost any money. It doesn't really matter whether or not it should be free. The point is that they are telling people new content is being added ("content pack") and they are telling them it doesn't cost anything ("free")

The word "update" in gaming really included the word "free" in it. I cant recall any game updates cost money...

Upvote 0
The word "update" in gaming really included the word "free" in it. I cant recall any game updates cost money...

It can be argued that content added in an update that is held behind a pay-wall is part of that update, albeit a paid part of it. Like BF4. Always BF4... x_x

Though I do agree that the way it was described were a tad unusual; at least they said FREE a lot. :p

Can't wait to see what they do with the Tier 3 demo wep, hope its the nade launcher!

Upvote 0
the general public reacts positively when free content drops are labeled as free.

It appears you haven't been listening.

The content is not free.

The general public might react positively when already paid for content drops are labeled as free, but that doesn't make it true. Yet you are still falsely labeling it that, even here with no "general public" to be found.

Upvote 0
If you want to make this a war of semantics:

We were on stage in front of the largest world audience we had ever been in front of. The general public was right there streaming.

As to "paid for" content, what you think is not correct. When you buy into one, you are buying it AS IS, with the potential for NO future UPDATES, EVER. Does that make it the right thing to do? No, and we are committed to our announced plans. But we feel that there is nothing wrong with calling the updates as free content updates.

Upvote 0
We were on stage in front of the largest world audience we had ever been in front of. The general public was right there streaming.
That ceased to be a valid excuse when you repeated it in this thread multiple times.

As to "paid for" content, what you think is not correct. When you buy into one, you are buying it AS IS, with the potential for NO future UPDATES, EVER.
The potential of TWI never finishing the game does not change what scope of the product was (very explicitly) associated with the price tag. You denying that is insulting to your customers and to yourself.

Does that make it the right thing to do? No, and we are committed to our announced plans. But we feel that there is nothing wrong with calling the updates as free content updates.
I just want you to know that it's another one in a series of PR missteps from TWI which make me lose confidence in the company more and more.

Upvote 0
That ceased to be a valid excuse when you repeated it in this thread multiple times.

The potential of TWI never finishing the game does not change what scope of the product was (very explicitly) associated with the price tag. You denying that is insulting to your customers and to yourself.

I just want you to know that it's another one in a series of PR missteps from TWI which make me lose confidence in the company more and more.

1) A larger number of internet goers read these forums then use them to post

2/3) You and Tripwire will not agree on this, and it doesn't look like there is anything I can do to change your mind. We've been upfront about our plans (both for content, and our feelings on the value of the game). There is a post from Ramm (John) somewhere around the forums on this very subject (I am paraphrasing here as I do not have the original thread handy) that Tripwire believed the initial cost fit the initial content of the game and everything beyond that was a nice free bonus that would grow over time.

Upvote 0
So what makes you lose confidence in a company is their PR presence???

For me it is what that company does and stands for.
TWI doesn't charge for essential content packs like others, where you have to pay for each and every new map or weapon.
And even the packs that were to be purchased in KF1 are fair imho because they were updates to quite an old game that made it worthwhile again.
After playing over 500h of a game that I didn't even pay 10

Upvote 0