• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Hiring!

BOOOO...... My house was burglarized about 2 months ago by some dirty thieving bastards. My rig and my wife's laptop were two of many things that were stolen. Knowing that the next update is coming around the bend and I will not be able to enjoy saddens me as it is going to take me months to be able to come up with the cash flow to even start a new build :(. Maybe TWI donates the now empty Puter they have to ME :D. J2C I'm looking at you as well, you magnificent manbeast.

Upvote 0
How far away from release would TWI say these teasers are?

Weeks or months away?

Just curious - not asking for an exact release date, just generalizing. This would help temper expectations since I know the SS has been anticipated for quite a while.

If they were to keep their pace then not for another month. However, considering there are more non-content related projects (mod kit, ingame shop, ..) and the missing programmer I guess we're looking at the end of april.

Upvote 0
The problem is that TWI had mentionned that "the sharpshooter should have been released in the Patriarch Returns update", so people were expecting a new patch in January.

But finally, three months laters, we are still waiting on weapon and perk. Probably five months wait for one "returning" perk.

I don't know how much time will be needed for "new perks".

At the beginning of the year, I was expecting the game to be released in September. Now, I'm hopting that the game will be released before 2017.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem is that TWI had mentionned that "the sharpshooter should have been released in the Patriarch Returns update", so people were expecting a new patch in January.

But finally, three months laters, we are still waiting on weapon and perk. Probably five months wait for one "returning" perk.

I don't know how much time will be needed for "new perks".

At the beginning of the year, I was expecting the game to be released in September. Now, I'm hopting that the game will be released before 2017.

That's fine with me when it comes to content and polish but when Yoshiro announced they were discussing possible (and very much needed) balance changes in the early year then I had hoped for something more than:

• Demo - Offperk skill was doing 15% instead of the intended 10%
However, now they started collecting data from scratch and pushed a potential demo rework even beyond sharpshooter release if I got that right... :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It might be a good idea to fix all the little bugs before trying to make analytics work. For example who else has their skills reset randomly? Every once in a while mine all get reset to the lefthand side choices, and I sometimes don't notice it till I'm playing gunslinger and get beaten up by a fleshpound with no toes because my legshot knockdown skill isn't selected anymore. Are you listening, TWI? If your analytics say that most seem to prefer the skills on the lefthand side, that's the reason why...

Upvote 0
The problem is that TWI had mentionned that "the sharpshooter should have been released in the Patriarch Returns update",

I did not say it should have been released. I said our original goal was to have it in that update but as we realized we needed to work on our scope tech we moved that out and switched the team over to focus on the Patriarch while the engine/tech programmers continued on with the scope work.

Upvote 0
That's fine with me when it comes to content and polish but when Yoshiro announced they were discussing possible (and very much needed) balance changes in the early year then I had hoped for something more than:

• Demo - Offperk skill was doing 15% instead of the intended 10%
However, now they started collecting data from scratch and pushed a potential demo rework even beyond sharpshooter release if I got that right... :(

Part of what we are doing other than updating our analytics tools and what data we capture is fixing the items that do not match their current design - IE: bugs. We are still working towards perk balance changes but when we find perk skills that are not currently working as intended they can skew our data.

Upvote 0
@Escadin : Yeah, we were already talking about this much needed balance patch on this crucial demo skill in another thread :)

For now, I'm not even hoping for a demo fix anytime soon, because TWI did not really start talking about it.

And I'm sure, the priority is on sharpshooter. Also, sharpshooter may greatly change the game (if they can deal quickly with fleshpound and scrake), so, in a way it's maybe better to have sharpshooter out before a demo fix.

Upvote 0