• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Auditorial Magic

2 and a half weeks?! Not to put too fine a point on it, but 20-30 work days doesn't fit in 2 and a half calendar weeks.

Then there is QA.

20-30 work days is 4-6 weeks, which is early to mid August. I don't know long QA takes, but unless it literally takes negative time, don't expect the update before August at the earliest. Possibly even September if things take longer than estimated. I for one am patiently and eagerly awaiting the update, and I hope everyone else can stay calm and wait too. Judging by the last few WWAUT posts, it will be more than worth the wait. Keep up the good work TWI!

Upvote 0
Our weeks are like, uh, regular weeks.
We have at times worked weekends, but it is not the norm. There are also holidays (4th of July) and doctor's appointments and vacation days.

2 and a half weeks?! Not to put too fine a point on it, but 20-30 work days doesn't fit in 2 and a half calendar weeks.

Then there is QA.

1) I figured so on the work days

2) U didnt read my post all the way through, i said even if somehow u managed to work 7 days a week that still put us 2 and a half weeks away (which i stated that i dont expect u guys to do this, just saying if everything was optimal for work output).

So august at the earliest probably, thats depressing, lol turned out exactly like early access release where it looked done 2 months before it was actually released. Like i said though great to hear a timeframe for once. Hope u guys start doing this often, because sure you dont want to be too optimistic and give poeple a false date, but you dont want to leave people in the dark with possible release times either.

Upvote 0
Wow awsome! Nice WWAUT! This is exactly the Kind of Insight I always wanted and I will personally kick everyone in the Butt, who maybe punishes you later for this given Insight by saying something stupid like:

"In the WWAUT you said 31 Days to the Update and now 35 Days later there is still no Update, KF2 is dead..."

There are already some formed Estimates in this Thread of People who obv. didn`t read or understand all of Yoshiros Post...
Just ignore them...
I think most of us know to appreciate that you give us this little bit more Insight and understand that this goes in Hand with you having Trust in us...

Thx and keep up the good Work!
PS: sry for probably bad English.

Upvote 0
Hory sheit TWI ftw. Thanks for the update.

Since you are working on the music ...

Please make the whole music stop when you stop it from the menu. Right now the piano still plays when you die and you can hear the metall music when SC and FP appears.

I would prefer for the devs to take their time with the updates but keep us updated.

I still have HoE acheavements to get so I'm not in a hurry for new updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hory sheit TWI ftw. Thanks for the update.

and you can hear the metall music when SC and FP appears.

Well I don`t... Maybe this is a Bug which doesn`t effect everyone?
Having in Mind usually, when you play with Music on, when a sc or fp Sound gets played the Music get tuned down in Volume (not up)...

Btw TW this is something you should change.
It didn`t bothered me the first few hours when I played on Hard with Music on, but as I lately played a few Games with Music on on suicidal or hoe after I had it off before, it started to get really annoying.

I mean it`s like you never hear the music playing for more than 10 Seconds at a strectch before it`s Volume get tuned down again.
Lets say you play wave 10 on suicidal and one 3 minute Track starts to play, after it`s finished you probably heared 1 Minute of it on normal Volume while the Volume got tuned up and down like 30 times...
It

Upvote 0
Oh this is going to be a good update, waiting eagerly for it!

I'll put my expectations in early-mid september; I worked in an office with hectic deadlines and many simultaneous projects, so I know that deadlines may not always be met (humans aren't robots after all) but I know you guys will work like crazy to meet them. Hell, I bet you'll meet them fine!

And then there's QA, can't say how long it'll be but it's no worry, what is QA if not thorough?

Thanks for the information update TWI, much appreciated!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is any of those working on the spawn/teleport mechanic for Zeds? Dsgn1 maybe?

I think there isn`t much to work on...
I mean all they have to do is debate if/ what they do about it and the fix it self could be done very easily I think.

Because it`s not like this hole mechanic is broken or senseless.
Only some Numbers are set to too hard Values and would have to be tweaked a little.
(Time zed have to loose sight of Player to allow teleport, teleport Distance to player, max. Zeds teleportet at once Count, teleporting cooldown time....)

Show me those Lines and I`ll fix this till tomorow. :D

Upvote 0
One of his highest priorities has been to find areas where we can improve performance. During his investigation he has found ways to reduce our CPU load from the audio system which should result in noticeable performance gains from those users who are CPU constrained, particularly dual core CPU users.

I'm glad to see this. I use a Pentium G2030 and this is an issue on some maps more than others - Biotics is the biggest offender. When things start getting a bit nuts, the audio will intermittently cut out and then within a fraction of a second return again. Each time this happens CPU load is 100% on both cores and it'll do this numerous times before seeming to settle down.

Obviously this hits the frame-rate since the audio is chugging up load on the CPU there's nothing left for the GPU (GTX 460) to use. This occurs on other maps too less frequently but Biotics has it pretty bad.

Upvote 0