• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst night of RO in my life

ROII4Me

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Ever have one of those gaming nights were nothing goes right and most things go totally wrong?

Where you look right and get shot in the back from the left and vice versa, over and over?

Where you are, continually, the only person out of 7 who is shot on the run from spawn to the first piece of cover?

Where you rarely if ever get points for capping because you keep dying a microsecond before the cap completes? That is, on the few times you get to a capzone since you are constantly being the one guy picked off as the group leaves spawn!

Where you get a TK because someone runs into the building after you threw in the grenade and then you get Most Dishonorable because you are the only TK in the match?

Where you take forever to get in a prefect position, four enemy appear with their backs to you, you raise your rifle and a distant teammate shoots you dead?

Where you see an enemy smg on the ground, pick it up just as four enemy come through a hole in the wall and freeze as you aim at them point blank and "click" and then they gleefully blow you to tiny bits?

Where you shoot someone three or four times with your semiauto and then they hip shoot you in the head and you hear them mending their wounds as you die?

Where enemy artty hunts you down like Thor on a jetski in the clouds?

Where you refuse to quit playing until you have ONE decent round before you finally give up, sign off and begin to uncoil every joint that is now wound up like a dead spider after all the frustration of the past four hours and then you go to bed so late you end up late for work?

That was my Tuesday night.

Last night was much better, thank you.

I was routinely 3rd or 4th on my teams point lists and my kills to deaths ratio greatly improved.

Last edited:
Ever have one of those gaming nights were nothing goes right and most things go totally wrong?

Where you look right and get shot in the back from the left and vice versa, over and over?

Where you are, continually, the only person out of 7 who is shot on the run from spawn to the first piece of cover?

Where you rarely if ever get points for capping because you keep dying a microsecond before the cap completes? That is, on the few times you get to a capzone since you are constantly being the one guy picked off as the group leaves spawn!

Where you get a TK because someone runs into the building after you threw in the grenade and then you get Most Dishonorable because you are the only TK in the match?

Where you take forever to get in a prefect position, four enemy appear with their backs to you, you raise your rifle and a distant teammate shoots you dead?

Where you see an enemy smg on the ground, pick it up just as four enemy come through a hole in the wall and freeze as you aim at them point blank and "click" and then they gleefully blow you to tiny bits?

Where you shoot someone three or four times with your semiauto and then they hip shoot you in the head and you hear them mending their wounds as you die?

Where you refuse to quit playing until you have ONE decent round before you finally give up, sign off and begin to uncoil every joint that is now wound up like a dead spider after all the frustration of the past four hours and then you go to bed so late you end up late for work?

I was routinely 3rd or 4th on my teams point lists and my kills to deaths ratio greatly improved.

I've had a few of those. Not good. The only thing that relieves the frustration is beating the wife.
Just kiddin.

Upvote 0
I didn't do too well last night.... probably my worst night so far.

One map, even though I warned where I was dropping arty, I ended up taking out 7 team mates.

The next map, I headshot a team mate on Apartments who was around the central sandbags coming from where the Germans normally do.

The following map, again, TK'd some team mates with arty, throughout the match I ended up wounded several others.

And while I was still 2nd place on each map, I just kept getting killed in stupid ways and killing most of my team..... I wasn't impressed.

Reactions: TT33
Upvote 0
Some times you just have bad luck I had a night like that a few days ago.I seemed to just miss every cap sometimes by seconds :(.Also just made some plain bad decisions not to mention my aim was off.Sometimes you want to play but, not really in the mood to play if that makes any sense.I came back the next night and was doing fine so I blamed it on just bad luck /timing.

Nights like that its best to just take a break and watch some TV or spend time with family etc.You can try too hard at times and when its like that the harder you try the worse you do.

Upvote 0
I to have had nights like that....very frustrating, but just bad luck like some people have mentioned. Shoot, the other night I had like 4-5 TK's in one round and I rarely TK. Throw a nade....teammate goes into it....go to shoot enemy and teammate gets in LOF....shoot a guy from too far(think enemy do to location) an ends up teammate....shoot a guy where lighting shows signs of enemy colors.....teammate....oh well, you get the point. ;)

Upvote 0

I have too many of them. Sheer "luck" has never really been my friend. I'm never the guy who has an enemy spawn in front of his face with the back of said enemy's skull having a neon "FREE KILL" sign on it, but usually the guy with the neon sign afflicted head. Ergo, why when "luck" is not at issue and I rightfully fill someone full of lead from 10 feet away before they even raise their weapon, I get all the more PO'd when he simply ignores my pesky semi-auto bullets, pistol shoots me in the face for a one-shot kill, bandages his leg (even though all my lead tore through his chest), and goes off on his merry little way.

Teammate running into room I just threw a frag into? All the time, especially when they were BEHIND me when I threw it and must have thought I was throwing rice at a wedding party mixed in among the baddies shooting at us from the building. But, you forgot one that happens far more often: you finally work your way into frag range of the window from which baddies have been raping your team, you pull the pin on the nade and -- just as you're about to let it rip -- a teammate runs into the building and there's no place else to throw it. So, you either risk tk'ing Rambo who has irrationally run into a room full of enemies (or has an MG34 with which he will hip shoot an entire enemy squad) and risk the inevitable "WTF, you stupid tk'er," or being the "decent" sort, you let your own frag blow you to bits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0