• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [WIP]RSTE-Burning town

Amakuni

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 29, 2014
hey everyone,this is my first territory map

this map is not based on any real event, it's completely fictional

the map is an attack/defend territories map, the allies are attacking through the streets and buildings and the axis are defending key buildings and areas.
it features a very small area and only 5 capture points, many ruined buildings and some sandbag/barbed wire barricades, the map is at night and some areas are very dark.

steam workshop link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238498776&searchtext=

orrw.jpg

0ilb.jpg

3yv2.jpg

egnb.jpg

naqj.jpg

I like dark maps in general, but this one is dark to the point where certain areas are black and visibility is zero. I suggest brighten it up a bit so you can at least move around, as it is now you can be walking in the dark and hit a wall and because you can't feel it, you really don't know you have stopped.

Also, the map currently is missing many textures.

Upvote 0
thanks for the feedback guys!!

yes i know the problem with the textures, when i load the map in the game for some reason it is missing the textures but when i play it in the editor everything is fine. i will appreciate it if someone could tell me whats the problem or tell me how to fix it

about the darkness, i think i will brighten it up abit more

Upvote 0
I would say maybe hold off on brightening it up for a bit and wait for more feedback on this one. You can always play around with other light sources in especially dark areas to counter exploits or for orientation purposes, so I guess I'm just saying consider explore other options to resolve the problem before jumping into a dramatic atmosphere alteration, because judging from the screens the environment looks very fun to play around in in its current state.

Upvote 0