• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Windows KF Dedicated Server Tutorial

After doing some research I found out about serverdoc (serverdoc.com) which is exactly what I need. That is, automatic/remote control of the server (I can only access it via ftp).

Unfortunately, Norton antivirus goes crazy when I run it. Problem is the machine the server runs on, is not mine, so I do not want to risk running this. Is there an alternative to serverdoc?

Upvote 0
hello all. i need help , when i click "server_restart" i got this message ? what i need to do ? A conflict was found between a command line value and its default value from the ini file. You must resolve the conflict before the server can be restarted

Command line values normally override the default value. To allow the command line value to override the default value, clear the checkbox, then click Accept. To update the command line with the value from the ini, just click Accept.

pleas help . server is defoult and runing on windows xp sp3

Upvote 0
hello all. i need help , when i click "server_restart" i got this message ? what i need to do ? A conflict was found between a command line value and its default value from the ini file. You must resolve the conflict before the server can be restarted

Command line values normally override the default value. To allow the command line value to override the default value, clear the checkbox, then click Accept. To update the command line with the value from the ini, just click Accept.

pleas help . server is defoult and runing on windows xp sp3

What command is being listed? usually for me its MaxPlayers, the command line has 12 when the default is 6, so i uncheck the box to use the command line value.

Upvote 0
What command is being listed? usually for me its MaxPlayers, the command line has 12 when the default is 6, so i uncheck the box to use the command line value.

ucc server KF-Bedlam.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=mynick?AdminPassword=mypass . wrong ? or in killing floor ini ? on ini i enable "admin n groups " no more changes .

on server start.bat i add AdminName=mynick?AdminPassword=mypass

oooh and i using Killing Floor Beta Dedicated Server

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ucc server KF-Bedlam.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=mynick?AdminPassword=mypass . wrong ? or in killing floor ini ? on ini i enable "admin n groups " no more changes .

on server start.bat i add AdminName=mynick?AdminPassword=mypass

oooh and i using Killing Floor Beta Dedicated Server

What i mean is what command was being specified in this section, Ie the one with the checkbox next to it.

A conflict was found between a command line value and its default value from the ini file. You must resolve the conflict before the server can be restarted

umm, also, i dont think you need to use the beta dedicated server, i cant remember how its displayed in the steam tools though, i thought it was listed as Killing Floor Dedicated Server, but i could be wrong.

Upvote 0
Srsly.I just bought off Killing floor with DLCs off steam store.I tried to play with my friends but,they just cant connect "server not responding" error.Then I tried the dedicated version.I did all the steps till I had to find "kf_server_launcher.bat".I couldnt find it,it wasnt in the system folder.I used windows search but nothing.Can anyone help me?

Upvote 0
Ok I found the KillingFloor.ini and I set up the basics of my server and when i click on ServerLauncher.bat it works but none of my friends can find my server?

Make sure all your friends have your external IP address, not your internal one, also make sure that ALL the required ports are forwarded.

When your friends try to connect, make sure they are connecting in server browser by adding your ip, not right clicking your name in steam as your name in steam probably shows your internal IP address.

Upvote 0
Do I have to copy and paste all my custom maps (and static meshes/sounds/.ucl's) into my server folder?

and is it ok for me to copy paste my KillingFloor.ini from my main killing floor system folder into my server files/system folder?

At the moment I'm just starting a dedicated server through the main game, but whenever I do it that way and join my own server.. I click ready but nothing happens it still says "awaiting players to be ready"... then after 15 seconds or so the levels background goes dark and then it says "awaiting server status" and nothing else happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do I have to copy and paste all my custom maps (and static meshes/sounds/.ucl's) into my server folder?

and is it ok for me to copy paste my KillingFloor.ini from my main killing floor system folder into my server files/system folder?

At the moment I'm just starting a dedicated server through the main game, but whenever I do it that way and join my own server.. I click ready but nothing happens it still says "awaiting players to be ready"... then after 15 seconds or so the levels background goes dark and then it says "awaiting server status" and nothing else happens.

If you have the dedicated server installed in a different location, yes, all your custom content must be in there correct directory structure under your dedicated setup.

It should be ok to copy your killingfloor.ini, but its worthwhile backing up if you replace the current one there.

Upvote 0
Srsly.I just bought off Killing floor with DLCs off steam store.I tried to play with my friends but,they just cant connect "server not responding" error.Then I tried the dedicated version.I did all the steps till I had to find "kf_server_launcher.bat".I couldnt find it,it wasnt in the system folder.I used windows search but nothing.Can anyone help me?
Did you download and run hldsupdatetool.exe, and then create and run a batch file as described in the original post? If so, you need to make sure you're looking in the folder where you placed your KF dedicated server files. That's the place to go to to change stuff on your dedicated server. The kf_server_launcher.bat *should* be under the system folder of the folder where you dumped your KF dedicated server stuff, but if it isn't, try running the batch file you created to update your server files again. If the files are missing, updating should fix it because it will download all the files for your server. If that still doesn't work, let me know, and I'll write you the code so you can make your own kf_server_launcher.bat.

ThePfc315:
IP address is the address of your computer, or your house. Internal IP address refers to the IP addresses of all the computers on your network. If you only have one computer, then you have one internal IP address. If you have multiple computers, you'll have multiple internal IP addresses.

Your external IP address is the address of your house, or more specifically, your router that you use to connect to the internet. That's the address that your friends need to connect to your server. It's not unusual for your server not to show up in the server browser; I run a dedicated server, and sometimes it doesn't show up in the server browser, and sometimes it does. What you want to tell your friends to do is to press the tilde key (~) to open the console, then type in "connect *your IP address here*" and hit enter. Theory goes, they can then join your server.

If that doesn't work, you probably need to look into port forwarding and/or the Windows firewall (or any other firewall that you may be running).

Ports are basically holes in your router that data travels through. By default, these holes are closed; to use them, you need to open them, which is called forwarding them. Forwarding your ports=opening the holes for the data to go through. Different programs use different ports. If you open KF, and click Host Game, by default it pops up a warning message with a list of the ports you need to forward. In case you ticked the box for it to never show up again, here's the ports you need to forward:
7707 - UDP
7708 - UDP
7717 - UDP
8075 - TCP
20560 - TCP/UDP
28852 - TCP/UDP
TCP/UDP is just an option, I actually dunno the difference, but when you're forwarding the ports, you should have an option for each number you enter, whether it's TCP, UDP, or both. With the info I've given you, you should be able to forward the ports properly.

If that STILL doesn't work, check that the Windows firewall (or any other firewall) isn't blocking KF. If that STILL STILL STILL doesn't work... I'm outta ideas, and I'll probably have to get involved in the testing to figure out what's wrong.

Now, for my question. I tried editing my server launcher batch file to enable multiple mutators when I run my server, but it didn't work. Only the first mutator runs. So, uh, help? I'll paste my code so you guys can see if I made some really stupid obvious mistake.
Code:
ucc server KF-MountainPass.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,KFPatHPLeft.KFPatHPLeft

Upvote 0