• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you have a beta testing version?

My original post was created over one week ago and yet not one response from Tripwire who are claiming to be interactive with their customers.

Well I'm starting to question their loyalty to the pc gamers. Is it that difficult to answer the simple question that I asked?

Or are you up on your high horses like other big gaming companies snubbing us?

:rolleyes:

Reactions: trick
Upvote 0
TWI doesn't respond to most ideas and suggestions threads either but they do read them. You most likely won't see any dev stating anything unless they are 100% sure there is going to be any form of a public beta.

Statements like an open beta if they decide to do that, will probably be made quickly before the start of something like that. So it can help the presses rolling and keeppeople attached.

Its just a bad practise to say too much generally. Especially if they are not 100% sure of things. Will twi do closed beta testing, of course, will they say in what form? probably not. So personally i think the chance of an official reply on this statement from TWI at this point in time is very low.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My original post was created over one week ago and yet not one response from Tripwire who are claiming to be interactive with their customers.

Well I'm starting to question their loyalty to the pc gamers. Is it that difficult to answer the simple question that I asked?

Compared to most developers, they are pretty interactive. They actually have to make the game to, and can't answer every question. Especially when they are not sure.

Because if they do, and then something changes, which it always does (release date, features ect.), people will rant about it either way.

Upvote 0
Well I'm starting to question their loyalty to the pc gamers. blablabla

I start to question your sanity..you dont even play RO or KF..yet you claimed more than ONCE that RO IS bad because there is no S&D...ridicilous...( and THERE IS a s&d mode someone did from the AHZ crew..with a little of knowledge you could prolly modify maps easy to your needs and play RO with S&D mode..but noooo that whould require you learning stuff maybe )

They dont owe you an answer just because you posted something in a random thread. If this is the type of player ro:hos will bring than good night...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They dont owe you an answer just because you posted something in a random thread. If this is the type of player ro:hos will bring than good night...:rolleyes:

The things they owe us is a) to take care of suggestions which are definite realism as they mentioned to bring the most realistic feeling in a first person WW II shooter and b) to get them into the game.

F.ex. if I still can lean in this stupid unreal way I can perform it in RO now the very first thing is, if I have bought it yet, to pack it all up and re-sell it very fast. I'd really feel cheated, but this is left to each one alone to judge this things.

Upvote 0

Dude, really? You're going to try to go there? Give it a freaking rest.

Upvote 0
I imagine that TWI will have a closed Beta test of the game.

I also imagine that they will use the list of current Beta testers that they've had since RO went commercial.

I also further imagine that those Beta testers won't say a damn thing about it because of the NDA's we had to sign to become a Beta tester. So for all any of you (or I) know, we may very well have been testing HoS for the last three weeks or so.

*wonders if there's a 'stirring the pot' smilie somewhere*

Upvote 0
They aren't going to give any solid answers because obviously things are going to change and it doesn't help that you guys analyze the crap out of everything they say. There is no point in them writing anything because they have to think so hard about what they are saying before they say it in order for them not to get caught saying the wrong thing. Just leave them alone and let them make their game.(Which i CANT WAIT FOR OMG)

-Skoko

Upvote 0
Why is that people think open BETA versions for pre-orders are a bad thing? Look at Bad Company 2, it's an FPS, a franchise game that has sold millions, they release a public BETA and if you check their forums, they have tons of bug reports posted by members who just register to post that bug, and community members who are dedicated to help make the game a better game.

You have to remember, if they send it out with a pre-order only, they profit. Some players will "cancel" some pre-orders if they don't like it, but the majority of people who do spend the money will keep their order.

It's a sales pitch to get them more money in the long run. Even if they do allow 2-3 weeks of playing before the game is released, it's still a community taste of how things will be. Good things come from pre-order BETA keys, not too many bad things.

Upvote 0
Open/Limited betas are not necessarily a bad thing. They usually give great imput especially on system and software compatibility. Like firewall/virusscanner x not working with a product. And gets a product tested on loads of hardware combinations. Next to that it often allows for great testing of balance.

The thing is if twi will do something like this its not logical for them to announce it before its nearly time to do such a beta. As it can both be used in the pr machine in the closing months towards a release, and if they promise things now and can't live up to it in the end people will get a lot more angry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Commenting from my experience of the first RO beta; I found that it generated a large amount of interest with my on-line buddies and clan mates.

However as others have mentioned the use of a beta has changed from a game play and bug testing function to that which appears to be an exclusive pre-release advertising vehicle. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it somewhat muddies the waters though about which stage the game is in development.

We're all here because we are passionate about RO & ROHOS and are eager for more information. With the lack of anything else (KF is getting a bit dull now) to play right now I can understand many peoples frustration.

Upvote 0
the thing with bad company 2 is not good. if u pre-order (!) the game u get a beta key. wow. no serious tests and results from over 90 % i guess. this is just a rip off from EA. ppl see one map and say: cool, the rest of it must be that way, i ll buy it.

in my opinion a real beta test should be made. one thing is clear: RO OST has many bugs which could have been avoided with a good and large beta test.

the thing that clans should do this, because they have the most experience (i know the maps by heart and many other clan players too, of course) could really help to avoid bugs, little mistakes etc.

Upvote 0