• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Why Do You Like KF Better Than KF2?

In my opinion, KF1 is more horrifying than KF2, ohh....KF2 doesnt feel like horror at any angle, but KF2 is pretty good, 3-4 animations for ammo check is something, but the thing is I just dont feel the atmosphera of KF2, maybe I could so when story mode will come up.

I get what you're saying there, I'm not sure why but I think part of this is/was the rougher graphics engine in KF1 - it give the game an edgier feel and look. Even more so in the original mod. :D

The new game's sexy graphics almost work against it in this regard.

Upvote 0
What makes KF1 better:
- Bigger levels
- Lots of open space to explore
- More weapons
- grittier but more humourous at the same time
- Aiming feels more difficult but more rewarding as a result
- recoil, reloading, and shooting feels more impactful

What makes Kf1 worse then KF2
- outdated graphics
- gore isn't as viceral
- smaller community

When I boot up KF1 I have a laugh. KF2 I've played for like 13+ hours and don't even like it.

Upvote 0
Kf1 definitely feels more direct than kf2. Kf2s gunplay feels terrible, the new hip firing system is garbage, the controls are laughable, the map design is a lot smaller and simpler, modding is a nightmare, leveling is more of a grind, new FP and scrake designs are terrible, art design that is all over the place, i could go on and on. A majority of my clan definitely agrees kf1 smokes kf2, without even much of a debate. Sure you could make the argument its early access, but how much you really think is gonna change by time its fully released other than new content?

I kinda feel like kf2 is targeting the COD generation, and kf1 targeted the old school shooter generation.

Edit: not trying to talk sh** on kf2, just compared to kf1 things have taken a full mile backwards in my opinion. Kf2 is a good game, but in my eyes it isn't killing floor

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think it's a good idea to make a final judgement yet. KF2 is still in early access and KF1 took years to develop into what we have today.

I've put thousands of hours into KF1, something I don't see myself doing with KF2, in it's current state of development. Hopfully things will change in the near future since I do like some of the new ideas.

Time will tell, I still have hope.

Upvote 0
Because it was designed for PC, meanwhile KF2 is designed for consoles + PC, and results are crazy things like no secondary key bindings, flashlight and nightvision use same key to be activated, grab rotation and heavy aim assist when that happens and more.
I don't think that has anything to do with what's wrong with the game. The aim assist can be disabled (but will keep enabling itself after each map). I haven't tried the kbm since my PC doesn't have a kbm anymore. Plus my wrist got extremely painful last time I tried a few months ago on UT2004. I digress. Most of the issues are with the gameplay, not the controls, although those are problematic at the moment.

Upvote 0
KF2 is a whole new game and that's how it designed to be.
Which is why it's going to fail, and probably shouldn't be called Killing Floor, as that title is misleading to people who are familiar with Killing Floor 1.

I don't understand why they had to make it more arcade-like now with scrakes that dance and whirl now, red shiny blood, and tons of blood -- I come back to central area after a wave, and I just see this huge solid pool of red shiny blood, and I think to myself "wtf" -- yeah, I see what you're trying to do here, "more blood/gore!", but it's just not working. I prefered the scattered splats of blood, spread out, in dark shade of red -- it's just not as gritty and realistic any more.

Pressing run to run is not actually running -- feels so bad when I'm pressing run, and not actually running -- it's like a nightmare dream (those ones where you're trying to run away, but you just can't for some reason) has become real now.

Sound effects have no punch/blast effect anymore for weapons, especially shotguns.

Switching weapons is slow because the player wants to juggle it or whirl it around his hand first before you can use it.

So lame.

Early access? Pfft, whatever. These sort of things should've been first developed before anything else. I don't see why they had to reset everything. They could've brought these things over from KF1.

Why make a whole new game? Especially if it's going to be worse than the previous one.

Early access? Pfft. We don't need things like an improved server browser -- I mean, why make it easier for more players to play the game while it's in fail-mode (early access) mode right now?

So disappointing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which is why it's going to fail, and probably shouldn't be called Killing Floor, as that title is misleading to people who are familiar with Killing Floor 1.

For better or worse it's a different take on the same game. A lot of familiar characters and zeds return with changes to the game mechanics and upgrades to graphics. Regardless of your thoughts regarding the current state of KF2 it's downright dumb to say the title is misleading.. if anything people who are familiar with KF1 should understand this more than newbies. If it were the exact same game all over again it would have simply just been released as an update or add-on to KF...

I'll use a completely unrelated genre of games as an example to demonstrate -> many fans of sports play the Madden football series. That particular game has changed drastically some years.. but guess what, it's still Madden... :D

Upvote 0
I bought KF1 in summer 2010 and it's been my second favorite video game after left 4 dead 2.

I prefer KF1 over KF2 for the following reasons:

1.00 aim sensitivity is UTTERLY PERFECT for me, no decimal crap to deal with. I can pick any gun and stand in place in KF1 and get headshots left and right. Meanwhile i'm struggling to hit an enemy with a headshot in KF2; it seems like I can't get the sensitivity just right, like one tic is too slow while the other is too fast...

Levels feel like they're so much bigger, so much wider. Compare even Bio Labs KF1 to the second, it feels like the corridors you run through in KF1 are twice as long as it takes to move in KF2.

I like how the perk balances are set up.
"Trash" Killers: Firebug, Commando, potentially Field Medic/Demolition/Sharpshooter
Long Range: Commando, Sharpshooter, Demolition
Boss Killers: Sharpshooter, Demolition, Support, Berzerker
Close range restricted: Support, Firebug, Berzerker

All enemies in KF1 feel slow but lethal, requiring equal amounts of attention [but some require more attention than others] while in KF2 it feels like you can mow everything down but SC/FP.
Clots:
KF1: I missed my shot oh crap oh crap oh crap WHY CANT I MOVE FUUUUUUUUUUU- [Player was killed by Fleshpound]
KF2: Oh wait i'm suddenly shooting into this guy's head oh nooooo
Stalkers:
KF1: Line up the shot on the FP... [Stalker is killed, FP is raging instead of dead] FFFFFFFFFFF-
KF2: Why am i getting smacked [blindly fires, kills like three of them with no other threats]
Crawlers:
Okay honestly I never cared for these guys but they're interesting enough, i like the variety
Gorefast:
KF1: Separates the newbs from the vets, newbs go down easily while vets know how to keep them at bay while the newbs get chewed up
KF2: They feel whimpy, go down fast and have issues hitting players
Scrake:
KF1: Taller than you(!), Faster than you(!), Deadlier than you if you let him get close
KF2: RING AROUND THE ROSIE POCKET FULL OF POSIE ASHES ASHES THE CHAINSAW'S DOWN
Fleshpound:
KF1: RIPS AND TEARS INTO THE OPPOSITION but goes down fast if you're using the right weapons
KF2: Damage sponge
Bloat:
More a support unit that has to be close to do anything, he's easy enough to deal with in both games
Husk:
KF1: THAT FIREBALL THO
KF2: THAT SUICIDE THO
Siren:
KF1: CANT RUN AWAY WHY IS THERE SUDDENLY THREE SCRAKES ON ME AHHHHH
KF2: uh...

Weapon changes take too long in KF2. This plus the smaller maps/faster enemies makes it feel like i might as well just spam with the weapon i have already out.

TW promised everything being out by last september and we're already into what? Month 14? 15? 16? That shows either a lack of confidence or a lack of knowledge of the scope of their developers' skills. Sure, KF1 was a beta back in 2004 and they went stand-alone in 2009(?) but it still feels like this non-released game is...taking forever.

I like how SMOOTH KF1 is. Even when theres dips in framerate the game engine holds up and I don't lose where i'm aiming at.

I like how TW kept certain glitches in [like how using double barrel (i guess any weapon) upwards or downwards into a scrake damages them twice, both with torso hitboxes and head hitbox for massive damage] that gives certain classes a niche for dealing better damage.

I love the sharpshooter class. Rewarding skill [headshots] is a fantastic concept.

M32 MGL tho le's be real

Perks
Medic: I miss KF1 mediguns, although I just happen to like the MP5 a ton. The lock-on darts is a god-send, but also a disappointment, I kinda LIKED how hard it was to hit a teammate sometimes, as if it reduced the amount of skill it took in the game.
Support: KF1 shotguns feel so much more potent [although headshots are easier in KF2]. M1014 still a sidegrade :<
Commando: KF1 for actually having enough ammunition to get through wave after wave without running dry, although damn those new animations
Berserker: I hate melee so i wont talk
Firebug: not my thing
Demolition: M79 takes forever to reload in KF2 vs enemy speed

Upvote 0
D0uble_Tap;1488692 All enemies in KF1 feel slow but lethal said:
while in KF2 it feels like you can mow everything down but SC/FP.
Clots:
KF1: I missed my shot oh crap oh crap oh crap WHY CANT I MOVE FUUUUUUUUUUU- [Player was killed by Fleshpound]
KF2: Oh wait i'm suddenly shooting into this guy's head oh nooooo
Stalkers:
KF1: Line up the shot on the FP... [Stalker is killed, FP is raging instead of dead] FFFFFFFFFFF-
KF2: Why am i getting smacked [blindly fires, kills like three of them with no other threats]
Crawlers:
Okay honestly I never cared for these guys but they're interesting enough, i like the variety
Gorefast:
KF1: Separates the newbs from the vets, newbs go down easily while vets know how to keep them at bay while the newbs get chewed up
KF2: They feel whimpy, go down fast and have issues hitting players
Scrake:
KF1: Taller than you(!), Faster than you(!), Deadlier than you if you let him get close
KF2: RING AROUND THE ROSIE POCKET FULL OF POSIE ASHES ASHES THE CHAINSAW'S DOWN
Fleshpound:
KF1: RIPS AND TEARS INTO THE OPPOSITION but goes down fast if you're using the right weapons
KF2: Damage sponge
Bloat:
More a support unit that has to be close to do anything, he's easy enough to deal with in both games
Husk:
KF1: THAT FIREBALL THO
KF2: THAT SUICIDE THO
Siren:
KF1: CANT RUN AWAY WHY IS THERE SUDDENLY THREE SCRAKES ON ME AHHHHH
KF2: uh...

Weapon changes take too long in KF2. This plus the smaller maps/faster enemies makes it feel like i might as well just spam with the weapon i have already out.

TW promised everything being out by last september and we're already into what? Month 14? 15? 16? That shows either a lack of confidence or a lack of knowledge of the scope of their developers' skills. Sure, KF1 was a beta back in 2004 and they went stand-alone in 2009(?) but it still feels like this non-released game is...taking forever.

I like how SMOOTH KF1 is. Even when theres dips in framerate the game engine holds up and I don't lose where i'm aiming at.

I like how TW kept certain glitches in [like how using double barrel (i guess any weapon) upwards or downwards into a scrake damages them twice, both with torso hitboxes and head hitbox for massive damage] that gives certain classes a niche for dealing better damage.

I love the sharpshooter class. Rewarding skill [headshots] is a fantastic concept.

M32 MGL tho le's be real

Perks
Medic: I miss KF1 mediguns, although I just happen to like the MP5 a ton. The lock-on darts is a god-send, but also a disappointment, I kinda LIKED how hard it was to hit a teammate sometimes, as if it reduced the amount of skill it took in the game.
Support: KF1 shotguns feel so much more potent [although headshots are easier in KF2]. M1014 still a sidegrade :<
Commando: KF1 for actually having enough ammunition to get through wave after wave without running dry, although damn those new animations
Berserker: I hate melee so i wont talk
Firebug: not my thing
Demolition: M79 takes forever to reload in KF2 vs enemy speed
Lel funny and true.

Upvote 0