• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are the TWI 50-player servers empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to AHZ meatgrinder 50 man and 3rd Shock / 3PgD 44 man. The TWI servers are empty because no one is admining it. Clans take the time to try and populate and moderate their servers. The devs don't have the time to do that.

The AHZ meatgrinder 50 man server is NOT Ahz's. It belongs to TWI and is currently being LOANED to Ahz. It used to be named TWI's Eastern Server

Upvote 0
That is exactly why they are full. they dont have map voting. Because voting is turned on we end up on the same few maps over and over. If they would shut off map voting it would be full. Saves that few min of waiting for a map to get voted in and the same maps wouldnt get played over and over.

Have to agree here anyone else tired of playing Leningrad over and over. People pick this and the stock maps. Why pick Danzig when there is a 24/7 danzig server. I think map voting should be shut off on these servers an get the new maps rotating in.

Leningrad is a good map BTW just not every other round.

Upvote 0
I was on Friday when the TWI server filled up finally. Happened in about 15 minutes total. Once the server reached 15 people, the rest came in like a flood. Been full since. Guess it was just a fluke, got to get over the hump.

Definitely some of the same maps get played over and over. I think the map voting would work out better if there were a longer limit between replays... i.e. play a map and you can't vote for it again till 5 other maps have been played. Right now they have it set at one, so you can pick any but the map you're on...

Is there any 50 slot server wich has constant admining?

No of course not... you offering a salary? For some reason people are very stingy with their servers' admin priveleges... yet admins abusing priveleges is practically unheard-of.

Give more people admin powah plz. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do see quite a bit of tks when these servers are filled up. Of course, these immature guys aren't acting up when an admin is logged in. There won't be a number of deliberate tks in a row when there is a name on the player list in white letters. I would suggest that admins on the 50s use an alias once in a while and don't log in as admin status while spectating. After some of these guys get popped red handed, less people will be likely to do it. Once the word gets out there are "undercover" admins, I think the tks will drop a lot when no admin is around. Just a suggestion that I have seen work on other game servers.

Upvote 0
well that unfortunately seems to be problem with many , personally although I play a few high plyer count servers occasionally , for me high player count generally = big maps & big maps for many many people = poor fps , I have heard many time from those with quite expensive top of the line rigs dissapointed with thier fps & having trouble playing , the few that can play every map with exceptional fps that have I guess just the right combination of hardware (sometimes even with older or not top of the line equip) are in an exclusive club .The rest of us try to only play maps that will be playable for us ,theres a reason danzig servers are so popular......
All that aside It is still the best game out there & the devs always impress me with the amount of work & thought put into it

Upvote 0
That is something i do not understand. People have pretty good rigs and get frame rates like a 3 year old computer. I guess people should invest more time in setting up their system. I know not everybody is a computer expert, but seriously, it is not rocket science. Get rid off all the software and services you do not need, get decent drivers, don't play at resolutions or with settings your computer can't handle.

I can understand that people get frustrated when their PC can't handle large servers, but that is no reason to lower the limit back to 32 and while doing that, take away the fun other people have.

If you know your machine can't handle the game with 50 players, stick to the 32 player servers.

Upvote 0
And its TRUE information that's been made known elsewhere but not here. Yet. ;)

The facts from someone who WAS involved in the discussions:
- Ramm offered AHGN a server to name as we saw fit.
- Ramm required the server to be used for public play or testing if we wanted, but only on a limited basis. (AHGN runs three RO servers, two public which are dead 90%+ of the time, and one private test server).
- Ramm required that AHGN not make any mention of where the server came from. We kept our word.
- Ramm required that AHGN staff admin the server as best as possible.
- This server existed before AHGN was approached about admining it. It drew players then as it does now.
- AHGN never once said that the server was owned by, paid for, etc. Anywhere. Any non-staff comments were speculation and keeping our word with Ramm, nothing was said to confirm or deny.
- Ramm did say he was going to contact other groups. He did not name who. He obviously has people he trusts and went there first.
- It would take minutes to trace IPs or just compare IPs, anyone could do it. It was no conspiracy to hide the server yet RGN has turned it into such and continues to propagate false accusations and mis-information despite official replies from TWI.
- AHGN owns most of it's own equipment for the variety of games supported. AHGN has been fortunate to buy servers through admin fees/donations and rather sizable community donations over the years. AHGN has been fortunate to have admins/members whose business capacity has provided the ability to house and lease space/bandwidth/etc. often for free. Paying for something is a choice and comes with no entitlements from others. What you choose to pay per month is your choice. Do not punish others for how they spend their money or how much they spend.
- Ramm explained all of this at RGN and made a public apology. Apparently that isn

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.