• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Searching And Destroying

A couple of questions on S&D:

(1)It`s gonna be "official", does this mean you will be able to filter it in the server search?

(2) Apart from 2.fj`s current S&D server, which always seems to be empty despite constantly showing 5 players, are there any other active servers out there at the moment?

CoD2 veteran, somewhat excited.

Upvote 0
A couple of questions on S&D:

(1)It`s gonna be "official", does this mean you will be able to filter it in the server search?

(2) Apart from 2.fj`s current S&D server, which always seems to be empty despite constantly showing 5 players, are there any other active servers out there at the moment?

CoD2 veteran, somewhat excited.

1) Yes

2) We plan to promote it when we launch this update (along with the vehicles and Maggot Hill of course).

Upvote 0
I have a question about the italian translation, added in the just-downloaded beta...
Is it made using google translator? I mean... ok it is better than no translation, but OMG it's the worst i've ever seen:(.
The SMGs have become automatic rifles, the squad leader has become FT leader, the scopes have become sights and so on...

PS: Do not hesitate to PM me if there are some doubts about translated words and phrases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still, you would be hard pressed to disagree all the good will and publicity you built up with what you did with ROOST, and how that had to help some in selling ROHOS when it came out.

We absolutely agree, and that is why we continue to give out free content to all of our games (that are currently supported). We just have to be smarter about it then back then.

Upvote 0
More game-mods like DM (player vs player) would love it ! - must be easy to implement?

Always funny to play a round dm in every game ;)

lol... Deathmatch?!....I hope this was sarcastic... DM the worst mode ever! in every game. Even in CoD and Chivalry.

TDM is bad enough for a game like RO2 (if you want to play it search for FireFight :rolleyes: )

Okay, S&D isn

Upvote 0
Also: Counter Strike did it years before Call of Duty even existed. Derivative work happens in all creative fields and is generally a good thing.

RO's main identity is it being a semi-realistic shooter, set in a believable setting and atmosphere. Its premise lies in putting the players into the boots of a regular soldier, so that you can truly say "I was there". Just like they emphasized in their TV ad for RO2.

How does planting bombs in a tiny map and trying to defuse them fit into a "believable" WW2 theme? Why not add a few killstreaks like "Stuka Divebomb" while we're at it? For the sake of "creative" derivative work?

I'm completely fine with it though. Once they joked about TWI's new game "Terror Strike"(A CS knock-off) on an April 1st about 9 years ago. I'm just happy that John has almost made it, the joke is about to become reality. One only has to look at wonders like TWI Ladder and the state of the competitive community to see the true power of his vision.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow what an insult to the member of the community who made these extra game modes. Don't like the mode? Then play territory, but enough of the exaggerated bull**** of 'omg game ruined'. I've played the search and destroy, it fits really well with the game, slow gameplay, people communicating and trying to reach the objective, players are more cautious instead of throwing themselves at a cap zone like lemmings with loads of lives(oh you consider that WW2 immersion). And it's great that TWI are implementing it into the game so Thor's work can be played a lot more since the majority of players seem to dislike downloading custom content.

Upvote 0
I am certain that most of the people who are bashing S&D for being arcadey or turning the game into COD have not seriously tried the mode. It is a single life game mode with a lot of teamwork to either defend or destroy an objective. If this game mode had not been done by CS or CoD first, I am sure the community would have hailed it as the next greatest thing. But simply having the association with those aforementioned games automatically seems to convince people that it is arcadey and unrealistic.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I quite liked the S&D mode whenever I managed to get on a packed testing server, combined with RO's gameplay it reminds me of the Rainbow six games of old like raven shield.

Great work for everyone involved in the mod, and it's great to see TW making this official so that hard work from the modders doesn't go to waste and it actually gets played :IS2:

Upvote 0
I agree. But should they ever make an "Africa" expansion they should extend it to a mediterranean theatre with Italy and Greece. I think the battles in Italy could really be very special. Very interesting and overlooked theatre. And TW "only" have to add more weapons and maps if they only potray USA vs. Germany. Of course I would like to see the British Army but that would take a lot of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0