• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - *rumbling*rts

Finally. BE CAREFUL TWI!!!!!!!!! Currently, the PTRS DEMOLISHES the half track. It only takes 2 hits. So AT dream to destroy a half track with full passengers on. Yes Im revealing something that is not right ahead of time so people dont complain. Yes, i play AT and i would obviously better off with 2 hit KO of the half track but i want a CHALLENGE. So 2 hits is just too easy to get 4+ kills. UNLESS, when half track gets destroyed, everybody inside gets out because of the immobile half track then just let the rest of your team to handle them :p That would a better option IMO

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally. BE CAREFUL TWI!!!!!!!!! Currently, the PTRS DEMOLISHES the half track. It only takes 2 hits. So AT dream to destroy a half track with full passengers on. Yes Im revealing something that is not right ahead of time so people dont complain. Yes, i play AT and i would obviously better off with 2 hit KO of the half track but i want a CHALLENGE. So 2 hits is just too easy to get 4+ kills. UNLESS, when half track gets destroyed, everybody inside gets out because of the immobile half track then just let the rest of your team to handle them :p That would a better option IMO

Pfft... AT rifles. Ill stick to my AT grenades. And it will be interesting to see how passengers inside the Universal Carrier and Hanomag will be handled. Also, it will be fun to see what happens when you drop a satchel inside the troop compartment. [Hint: BOOM] :D

Upvote 0
Pfft... AT rifles. Ill stick to my AT grenades. And it will be interesting to see how passengers inside the Universal Carrier and Hanomag will be handled. Also, it will be fun to see what happens when you drop a satchel inside the troop compartment. [Hint: BOOM] :D
Or well cooked potato masher :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Funny, I could blow em up with just one hit in ROCA / RO1... you just needed to know where to hit them.

Having to take more than 2 shots seems a little silly as I can often blow up a tank with one shot..... you expect a Half-Track/Transport to be tougher than the tanks?

Sure maybe blowing up a transport in 1-2 hits with an AT Rifle is an easy 4 kills or whatever.... but that's their fault for not taking you out first, or having other team mates covering their transport. It's easy for you as you're the Anti-Tank Class.... but without you, your team can easily be chewed up by a transport's MG as they're mostly protected by small-arms fire, thus they can rack up a hell of a lot more kills than just 4.

The same applies to tanks as well... they should have team mates covering their tanks' flanks so you can't run up with a satchel or AT Grenade.... or Rifle. The fact that you could get to their weak spots and blow them up in a couple of hits is their problem.

If all you did was disable the transport and thus, let your team take care of the rest, where's the fun in that when you get no points or acknowledgement that you did anything worthwhile?

I can see the ability to disable transports with various locational shots and having them only blow up with some limited areas of weakness (and crew kills with locational shots).... but I'd prefer to leave them as they've always been.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny, I could blow em up with just one hit in ROCA / RO1... you just needed to know where to hit them.

Having to take more than 2 shots seems a little silly as I can often blow up a tank with one shot..... you expect a Half-Track/Transport to be tougher than the tanks?

Sure maybe blowing up a transport in 1-2 hits with an AT Rifle is an easy 4 kills or whatever.... but that's their fault for not taking you out first, or having other team mates covering their transport. It's easy for you as you're the Anti-Tank Class.... but without you, your team can easily be chewed up by a transport's MG as they're mostly protected by small-arms fire, thus they can rack up a hell of a lot more kills than just 4.

The same applies to tanks as well... they should have team mates covering their tanks' flanks so you can't run up with a satchel or AT Grenade.... or Rifle. The fact that you could get to their weak spots and blow them up in a couple of hits is their problem.

If all you did was disable the transport and thus, let your team take care of the rest, where's the fun in that when you get no points or acknowledgement that you did anything worthwhile?

I can see the ability to disable transports with various locational shots and having them only blow up with some limited areas of weakness (and crew kills with locational shots).... but I'd prefer to leave them as they've always been.

Where in god's name are you aiming to take down a tank in one shot? I'm happy to just knock off one tread with a full clip.

Upvote 0
Finally. BE CAREFUL TWI!!!!!!!!! Currently, the PTRS DEMOLISHES the half track. It only takes 2 hits.

Don't know if demolish is the right word. Disable certainly. You could disable the Axis transports with a good MG to its front grill. You didn't kill anyone but the transport was screwed. The universal with the engine at the rear was a different proposition.

Not as many explosive points on the carriers compared to a battle tank.

However, add a few panzerfausts to the game and it is a totally different ball game ! The universal carrier was like a coffin in many RO1 maps.

Upvote 0