• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What scenario do YOU want for Red Orchestra 3 ?

Firstly i would like to apologise my last post in this thread.

It is great how PC gaming attracts people with similar interests and have fun playing the same games. We all have different perceptions on historic events and am sure we appreciate our privilege of being able to play the same game with people from many different countries. I in no way intend to insult people or cause offense but admit to be posting to much that is just not quite right.

Secondly i hope i have a better suggestion in how the Red Orchestra series can be continued or expanded after finding this wiki page about the Red Orchestra organisation. I found it fascinating and is a good example of how so much can be learned from this game and it's community.

Would it be feasible or reasonable suggesting to add a clandestine type character role or game mode that directly influences the maps/territories that are in conflict in game ultimately meaning two games layered and dependent on each other similar to how Heroes and Generals works?

Upvote 0
me myself id like to see a ww1 or korea if any of the two listed.

I mean cmon WW1 the second biggest war in world history and not even 1 big name title out on it, though with the likes of verdun, possibly the somme, and the trench 1916 it might actually see the light of day. Now verdun is an ok game but the graphics and gameplay compared to ro2 def leaves something to be desired.though you could implement something like the frontline gamemode from verdun which i think is very fun. People always say how stagnite of a war it was, sure it was on the western front but on the eastern front it was basically the equivalent in push to ww2 from germans (minus the retaliation from russians though). Also i mean the really look at the maps for ro2, ur fighting for a mile basically, it wouldnt be any different really besides the weapons which the bolt actions are used heavily in ro2 anyways,it also had tanks, and planes as well as other factions such as austria hungary, and the ottiman empire in north africa.

Really it wouldnt feel that dramatic of a change from ro2 minus semi autos and a couple smgs, though the mp18 was used during the war

Ok that was a pretty big rant but my korea explanation is shorter,simply it hasnt been touched.

Upvote 0
+1

The Nazi Germany organisation Red Orchestra is only associated with WW2 so to keep in theme of the Red Orchestra name and historical accuracy i think some kind of spy roles added to the game would or could be interesting.

Name[edit]

The term 'Red Orchestra' was coined by the Reichssicherheitshauptamt (RSHA), the counter-espionage arm of the SS, which referred to resistance radio operators as 'pianists', their transmitters as 'pianos', and their supervisors as 'conductors'.[1]

German counter-intelligence operations[edit]

The RSHA included three independent espionage networks in the "Red Orchestra": the Trepper group in Germany, France, and Belgium, the Lucy spy ring (German: rote Drei) in Switzerland, and the Schulze-Boysen/Harnack group in Berlin.

In 1942 the RSHA established the Red Orchestra Special Detachment (German: Sonderkommando Rote Kapelle). It included representatives of the Gestapo, Abwehr, and the SD.[1]

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Orchestra_(espionage)

Being able to hear enemies communications and spot their locations without their knowledge, sabotuer spies etc etc all could be interesting in game!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Northern Africa should be another RS type expansion not a full on new game.

It might make sense to make the Korean War under the "Red Orchestra" name since you're basically still dealing with underhanded Russian communist aggression which we all know by now was the actual cause of WW2. Vietnam? That was probably America's greatest victory and is not worth being put in a game since it would basically be America putting down a puny communist rebellion until the marxist hippies back home get their way. Besides America had Rambo and that would be too OP.

Korea makes the most sense. Afghanistan wouldn't work either because they would also have Rambo.

Upvote 0
ron moron said:
...West Ham.
Yep i agree WW1 West Front has as much to do with Red Orchestra as West Ham does.

Eiven said:
...Russian communist aggression which we all know by now was the actual cause of WW2.
Was that not WW3!?.... with the German invasion of France in order to claim back their coal mines after these resources were used for payment for the debts owed to France from WW1; being just one of the factors to trigger WW2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spanish Civil War 1936-39

Anarchists, republicans and communists against fascists nazis and franquists.
Interesting.

1936 1939 : "Early" period of war. (and pre war period)
Interesting !

Northern Africa should be another RS type expansion not a full on new game.

Spanish civil war should be also an "expansion not a full on new game".
Maybe also Italians in east front. Italians against Russians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0