• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is the most annoying person in the game?

What is the most annoying person in the game?

• Griefers

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • Teamkillers

Votes: 39 10.7%
  • Campers

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • Useless SL/Commander

Votes: 69 18.9%
  • Clueless Tank Commander

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • That Bastard that keeps managing to kill you every single time.

Votes: 54 14.8%
  • People that put up nitpicking/whining posts on the forum.

Votes: 56 15.3%
  • People making useless polls.

Votes: 43 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 30 8.2%

• Total voters

Sir Roderick

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2011
Belgium, Limburg
Very simple, what sort of player do you hate with a possibly irrational fury? Who makes your ears puff clouds of steam? What type of idiot has you smash down your fist on your keyboard in blind, mouth-frothing rage while you contemplate the many ways in which they should meet their untimely end? Preferably in enormous pain?

I'll give a few option for you, feel free to specify another type of infuriating monster I missed :D

1) Griefers

Those annoying bastards that will do virtually ANYTHING to ruin your game, intentionally. These people have accessed a part of their brain that takes enourmous pleasure from the misery of others, while blocking out anything else. They don't care about kills or deaths or winning even, as long as they can annoy YOU!

Typical behaviour:
Blocking lines of sight/fire, firing over your head to cause supression, throwing smoke where it don't belong, teamkilling, getting together with friends to discuss their tiny genitals, etc.

2) Teamkillers

By this I mean frequent accidental TK'ers. Everyone occasionally nails a friendly by mistake, but these guys seem to have severe brain damage or a hereditary malformation of the eye. These are the guys that manage to score as many or even more teamkills than normal ones.

Typical behaviour:
Jumping at shadows and shooting everything that moves, throwing grenades into random directions, refusing to see an optometrist, etc.

3) Campers

Friend or foe, these guys can drive anyone mad! The sit back and away from the fight, taking potshots at anyone that tries to be clever and take that route slightly to the side. They worry more about their K/D ratio than they do about their recently deceased dog. If the sun failed to rise in the east, but suddenly decided the north seemed a nice change of pace, they would STILL be sitting in their little spot.

Typical behaviour:
Ignoring pleading teammates asking them to move, sit very still for an entire game, rubbing ointments on the various sores they have accumulated because they refuse to get out of their chair.

4) Useless squad leaders/commanders.

The guy that picks the class because he fancies an MP-40 and the assault class was full. You will never catch him throwing smoke or marking arty for the team, often he will not even know those are things he CAN do. They live their lives in blissful ignorance or in narcissistic self-congratulation. The commander especially is hated, as he refuses to call in arty despite numerous request by his team. Sometimes at gunpoint.

Typical behaviour:
Avoiding reading of every kind, avoiding working in teams, being shot by his angry teammates, frequently entertains himself by watching himself in the mirror.

5) Tank Commanders without a clue

The sort of person that takes up the most potentially devastating class and then randomly drives into obstacles, painfully unaware of the enemy. They have visions of a glorious victory, leaving behind the burning wrecks and smoking carcasses of the enemy behind them, instead they get a life of embarrasingly getting themselves stuck and getting yelled at by teammembers.

Typical behaviour:
Driving erratically across the middle of the map, firing at invisible phantoms, attracting massive volumes of anti-tank fire, weeping softly in front of the screen.

6) That Bastard that keeps managing to kill you every single time

The one member of the enemy team that seems to know EXACTLY where you are and ends up killing you 90% of the time. The infuriatingly omniscient enemy that you could have sworn you shot first. The one that shoots you in the nuts from across the map and then whacks your head in with a pair of binoculars. He is everywhere at once and is hellbent on making you curl into a ball and cry yourself to sleep in the corner of your room.

Typical behaviour:
Practising religiously at nutshots, stalking his victims extensively, building shrines dedicated to his best killstreaks, laughing at your constant defeat.

7) People that put up nitpicking/whining posts on the forum.

Perhaps not always players, but you see them every day. Always nitpicking about a certain bolt that has the wrong colour or this or that weapon that is overpowered or underpowered. Always trying to make a difference by getting the devs to tailor the game to their exact tastes.

Typical behaviour:
Studying every detail of every weapon so as to complain about how the serial number is obviously wrong, making videos of exceptional cases and presenting them as common situations, getting very upset over what is essentially "just a game", drowning out legitimate suggestions.

8) People making useless polls.

The sort of highly intelligent and strappingly handsome lads that may have a bit too much time on their hands. These fellas spend some of that excess life energy into making mildly amusing and interesting posts, usually with a voting poll. The poll may not have any actual use, but it provides a distraction and a good way to start a healthy discussion about essentially irrelevant topics.

Typical behaviour:
Wasting time on forums, listening to Bach, being interesting, watching 'a bit of Fry and Laurie', reading the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' while waiting for replies to one of his useless polls.

Last edited:
Where is the option for the ones who start ridiculous historical arguments mid game? I swear, ***** about soldiers not necessarily being nazi's and that you can't refer to them as such, ***** about the MKB42 not being in Stalingrad but.. do you really have to do it in game? Whatever the case of X and Y nothing ruins immersion more than having to read some argument that's obviously going in circles, darn it.

Reactions: S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
Upvote 0
Sir Roderick said:
Very simple, what sort of player do you hate with a possibly irrational fury?
It's not fair to give people one choice when you see multiple possibilities. I think you put all of them in good order. All these people are annoying me (save maybe for 7 and 8). Hopefully there are plenty of right-minded men on these forums/in game too. With time we should see things getting better and better.

Nemo - Quoted For Truth, I think. Many acronyms you can find by typing them in Google. I had no idea about many of them too at first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not fair to give people one choice when you see multiple possibilities. I think you put all of then in good order. All these people are annoying me (save maybe for 7 and 8). Hopefully there are plenty of right-minded men on these forums/in game too. With time we should see things getting better and better.

I'm sure you can pick out one kind that is more annoying than the others. Have a stab at it!

Upvote 0
Well, I rarely see griefers, campers aren't annoying when I am in heat of combat, I don't get near any tank, have some kind of understanding for bastard (it's his job after all)... Useless commander or team kills? I can replace commander/squad leader when he gets bored. I think that I will vote for frequent teamkillers. They kill me without reason other than being alive. They kill the other people too. They... THEY! BLOOD!

Upvote 0
Well, I rarely see griefers, campers aren't annoying when I am in heat of combat, I don't get near any tank, have some kind of understanding for bastard (it's his job after all)... Useless commander or team kills? I can replace commander/squad leader when he gets bored. I think that I will vote for frequent teamkillers. They kill me without reason other than being alive. They kill the other people too. They... THEY! BLOOD!

Wow, went all Khornate there at the end. You're getting the idea now!

Upvote 0
Three options I would have liked seeing:

Tank commanders who run over their own teammates repeatedly.

Most of the above.

All of the above.

Because, honestly, there are a lot of good choices up there and it was hard to pick just one.

Nah, that's too easy. I need you to examine your psyche and reveal the most prominent source of in-game frustration.

Go ahead, vent!

Upvote 0