• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is the craziest free-week tactic you have seen?

Panzer Meyer said:
Engine limitations...I know it ****s. We have to wait for RO on UE3.0
People talk about UE3 like it's gonna be real life. It's just a game, it will have a billion limitations just like every engine ever made.

No, you're not gonna crush a cow and see its guts flying all over the place. It's a game.

I predict about a thousand posts whining about engine limitations on UE3

Upvote 0
kabex said:
People talk about UE3 like it's gonna be real life. It's just a game, it will have a billion limitations just like every engine ever made.

No, you're not gonna crush a cow and see its guts flying all over the place. It's a game.

I predict about a thousand posts whining about engine limitations on UE3
lol yea but with UE3 I at least hope things like penetration and being able to crush a fence and drive OVER a cow will be possible. I am not hoping for a miracle either, just saying the new engine will open new possibilities. Of course it will have limitations, but things like penetration and destructible object should be a possible to some degree.

Upvote 0
Panzer Meyer said:
lol yea but with UE3 I at least hope things like penetration and being able to crush a fence and drive OVER a cow will be possible. I am not hoping for a miracle either, just saying the new engine will open new possibilities. Of course it will have limitations, but things like penetration and destructible object should be a possible to some degree.
Possible, but it won't happen. Look at RO, it's on UE2.5 and it's the most resource-demanding FPS ever made, even though it's running on a 2 year old engine!! I have never in my entire life exprienced such overstressed servers lagging everyone so bad as I have in RO.

It's extremely heavy on servers, unlike anything else. Even BF2 doesn't break a sweat with 64 players and a a dozen vehicles and choppers and jets flying all over the place.

I seriously doubt RO on UE3 will have destructable enviroments, I'd just rather have 64 player support. Let's be realistic.

Upvote 0
Craziest free-week tactic number uno on my list is...

PISSING OTHER PEOPLE OFF WITH UNMATURE BEHAVIOR SO THAT ONE COULD GO 1337 AND KILL EVERYONE WHO IS SEEING RED!

Okay, honestly, I'm totally noobsupporter so that no-one could be driven off by realism of this game or elitist community...

BUT, still, I dont want those "HE STOLE MY PANTHER!!!eleveneleven!!11!!!" and be shot while I look from drivers hatch.

OR be killed by own teammates ON PURPOSE!

They were playing on enemy, traitors!

Upvote 0
- A Ruskie on Kaukasas attempted to jump or fell from one of the walls on the Monestary. I shot him in mid-air. In that same round, a whole bunch of Ruskies decided to die instead of surrendering and plunged themselves off the monestary cliffs. It reminded me of the old footage from Okinawa or Iwo Jima. Made me laugh.

- Hedgehog, horde of Russians attempting to do just about everything (except supress) the Western Farmhouse. It was so bad it was funny (I managed to send all my ammo just holding them off).

Upvote 0
Crazy tactics. . . crazy tactics. . .

Yea, I've seen more than enough "How do you open doors?" and "How do you drop/pick up weapons?"

On Arad I was manning a tank by myself and was facing three Panzers on the South Feild, then suddenly a random guy jumps in the drivers seat (he wasn't a bot) and floors it through the feild, passing all three tanks. The whole time I wasn't able to pull off any shots, and I dont know why I didn't jump out and leave him. But he floored it right past the Panzers and around through to the back of the village, turned in three circles in the village with a Panzer firing on us from across the river from the North Feild. Somehow we both survived and ended up capping the South Village as the other last objective was captured and we won the map.

Then on a few maps I encountered a guy who was using an MG-34 from the hip, he ended up jumping in the Russian trenches near the AT gun emplacement and mowed down all the Russians along the whole line. I ended up being the first to go on that little killing spree.

Then, for a tactic that didn't work. In Stalingrad Kessel I would drop a satchel at the destructable door to the right of the warehouse, as soon as I would drop it like three or four teammates would rush in and crowd the exit door, I'm fractically trying to get out since the satchel can take you out from that far, the satchel ended up taking us all out and I got kicked for teamkilling. I joined the server again since it was an accident, and it happened again the next game. On the third game I gave up the sapper class only to find the new sapper have the same thing happen to him.

Lastly, I was on Hedgehog and got a new player to man the turret for me, at first he wouldn't move the turret and got us killed a few times, then when I got him to finally get shooting he started only shooting people and completly ignoreng the german tank sitting right in front of us. That was a little silly, with me desperately trying to stay behind that Panzer as he figured out his controls. But after I got him started he really got good fast and we ended up winning the next few games easily by ourselves.

Upvote 0