• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is the craziest free-week tactic you have seen?

What is the nuttiest/most insane tactic you saw during the free week? Now, I am not trying to be mean, in fact I enjoy teaching new players about the game. But some of the 'inovative' tactics that have started are hilarious.

My favorite would have to be this:

On RO-Hedgehog, I was the T-60 commander. As I was capturing the Western Farmhouse, I had FOUR free week Germans attempting to blow my tank up with grenades and trying to crawl/hop on my tank while holding live grenades.

They were either killed by me or by their own nades.

:eek:

- Coaxil MG's constantly firing at my tank inbetween reloads.
- Attempted use of grenades as anti-tank weapon.
- Idiots trying to jump on top of tanks.
- Long range hipshooting with SMG's while standing still, they didn't figure out what the IS button was.
- One guy stood at a static mesh AT gun for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how it worked.

Funniest moment ever was when I swapped my sniper rifle with this Major Koenig wannabe. The second he picked it up and went over to a window, he got his head blown off. Then he says "you keep it".

Upvote 0
-=OTR=-Pfc.Jackson said:
My favorite would have to be this:

On RO-Hedgehog, I was the T-60 commander. As I was capturing the Western Farmhouse, I had FOUR free week Germans attempting to blow my tank up with grenades and trying to crawl/hop on my tank while holding live grenades.

They were either killed by me or by their own nades.

:eek:

Did any of them attack your tank with their rifle butts?:D

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
- One guy stood at a static mesh AT gun for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how it worked.

Funniest moment ever was when I swapped my sniper rifle with this Major Koenig wannabe. The second he picked it up and went over to a window, he got his head blown off. Then he says "you keep it".

I actually had a guy ask whats the button to use the AT gun. LOL I couldn't resist and tell him he had to pick the sniper class to be able to use it. After which he began harrasing the current sniper to give up his spot just so he could use the AT gun. People played along, it was great. Of course at the end we told him it was a joke and you can't use those. I think he got mad, because he left the server after. Normally I am nice to new players, I am. Just coulnd't help myself that time.

I haven't seen any retarded tactics. Other than people rushing head on towards MGs, or over the open ground. My favorite is charging people with my bayo and they in turn start running away.

Upvote 0
Scikar said:
Attacking a tank with grenades doesn't seem that odd to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't stationary tanks in close terrain vulnerable to infantry dropping grenades through the hatches and blowing the tracks off?

Nope
Hatches were locked from the inside, and with one single nade, you could hardly damage the tracks substantially.

Upvote 0
Scikar said:
Attacking a tank with grenades doesn't seem that odd to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't stationary tanks in close terrain vulnerable to infantry dropping grenades through the hatches and blowing the tracks off?

LOL

Tanks had locks on the hatches, do not believe everything you see in movies. The crew was armed too, and usually had cover as well. It is suicide trying to climb on a tank and attempting to open the hatch. It just didn't happen, infantry tries to stay low as possible. They had mines, AT rifles, panzerfausts and so on to take out tanks. Not climb on them and try opening locked hatches.

Second, grenades in no way damage the tank from the outside, so it is
pointless to throw them at the tank, they will cause no damage.

Upvote 0