What is the craziest free-week tactic you have seen?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Letum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2006
Baron_Von_Uber said:
A fragmentation grenade isn't exactly going to harm armour plate now is it.. :)

well, a common early-war german AT weapon consisted of 6 standard grenades tied together.

Ther german grenades where explosive and not fragmentation like the American nades

Nimsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Craziest moment for me was as a Russian in the alley of Stalingrad Kessel, I found myself get into close combat with two German riflemen. Both guys missed so I ran towards the second guy, buttstock all charged up. I can't remember if I hit him or not, but he didn't die. Suddenly the other guy decided to join in and I found myself surrounded by two Germans, both trying to smack me in the face while we were dancing around each other, and I was trying the same thing of course.

I got both of them using nothing but the blunt end of my rifle :D

Harry S. Truman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 23, 2006
Scikar said:
Attacking a tank with grenades doesn't seem that odd to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't stationary tanks in close terrain vulnerable to infantry dropping grenades through the hatches and blowing the tracks off?
A grenade can't blow a track off. You can kill crew with grenades if they are unbuttoned.

The dumbest thing I saw....

Noobie tankers riding around unbuttoned into fire zones. I kept machine gunning them in the drivers seat. By the time it was over I had three empty russian tanks sitting around me, which drew lots of fire from my German comrades.

perato

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 28, 2006
I arrive to Odessa, only 3mins left. That would be the first day of Trial(okay the first hour to be exact). I play as a russian and wonder whats the situation. I go to apartments and no one, I mean no one was in there. And I capped it, and no one ever came to help me or tried to kill me in there. Then I started teaching that u should cap the objectives, not go sightseeing tour in front of enemys MG.

monster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 17, 2006
Only weird thing I saw was bunny hopping.

Worst tactic I ever saw was a TT guy who jumped into my IS2 and drove the tank right up to the enemy firing line. "That'll teach you not to camp" was the answer to my indignation.

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
The Germans constantly, stubbornly and with great effort and suicidal zeal trying to capture the Telegraph Office/Trainstation on Makhnovo Village.....without first capturing or really even going near the Post Office. :eek: :D

Lonestar Ranger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 7, 2006
Beating Down the Doors

Beating Down the Doors

Russians in Stalingrad trying to melee/beat open the doors that must be satchel charged.

kabex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 27, 2006
Mexico
Hahahahahahahaha omfg this is the funniest thread I've ever read in here.

I cracked up several times. I didn't play much in the free week which is a shame, I wanted to see all this fun stuff. :D

Panzer Meyer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 26, 2005
North Cacilaci
Lonestar Ranger said:
Russians in Stalingrad trying to melee/beat open the doors that must be satchel charged.
So that too, sometimes I'd see a guy or two standing there for a minute or two trying to figure out how to open these doors. So funny!

Gomer Pyle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2005
Upstate New York, USA
I didn't get to see any crazy tactics but I had fun with some green recruits on a couple maps. I'd spot an enemy picking up weapons from a fallen comrade. Bang!, dead enemy. Another enemy would stop and pick up weapons. Bang!, dead enemy. Another enemy would stop and pick up weapons.....repeat...

They should have realized why an ammo cache was piling up. This was from relatively short range. It wasn't like I was shooting them from far away. A grizzled old veteran happened to come by, recognized the pile of weapons for what it was, and took me out with a burst of SMG fire.

george

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2006
On Krasny, at the start of a round, all the russians were trying to get out the door. So with everyone puching and so many pushing the "use" key, the doors were never open onlg enough for anyone to get out. Finally the DP-28 guy sets up his gun and mows down probably 60% of the russians. (Fortunentally I saw it coming and was able to get away.) Then he gets up and tries to exit but eventually... It became a TK house in the little rooms, where no one could get out. Little scary actually...

The_Cook

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2006
Sichartshofen said:
- Coaxil MG's constantly firing at my tank inbetween reloads.

I've been playing for a while and I have to say that is something I do alot myself. I know it does no damage, but it makes alot of noise and sometimes... rarely makes a person distracted enough to miss, that and it usually discourages tankers from bailling out of thier tank before I get a a chance to blow them up in it with my second shot.

Which brings up the point. Lots of the new guys bailed from thier tanks the moment it took it's first hit.

-Lucifus-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 18, 2006
I try not to use the mg on other tanks, especially when they cant see me, all it does is track the enemy back to the tank, even if they overswing by a little it still buys you a second which can mean alot. Let alone other enemy tanks spotting you.

However the only wierd tactic i seen someone use was driveing the tank i was in into artillary since they thought tanks couldent be harmed by it. :D

[SOFW]H/\zÅ®Ð

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 29, 2006
The funniest thing I saw was people jumping out of thier tanks in the cap zone because they thought they couldn't cap it while in them

Oi!Oi!Oi!

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
In Combat Mission, grenades can damage the tracks of a tank and make it immobile. I think it's mostly when the tank moves over a nade right before it explodes. It's rare but it happens.

I sometimes fire MG at an enemy tank between shot. First to annoy the gunner while he tries to aim for the next shot, and also to maybe kill the driver who could have forgotten to close his hatch when the fight started. Of course, I will not do it if my tank is still mostly concealed.

The craziest tactic I have seen was driving a Panzer IV at full speed sideways in front of enemy tanks while firing with the turret at 9 o'clock. All this in front of at least three t34 at less than 100m on Black July.

Marzi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2006
george said:
On Krasny, at the start of a round, all the russians were trying to get out the door. So with everyone puching and so many pushing the "use" key, the doors were never open onlg enough for anyone to get out. Finally the DP-28 guy sets up his gun and mows down probably 60% of the russians. (Fortunentally I saw it coming and was able to get away.) Then he gets up and tries to exit but eventually... It became a TK house in the little rooms, where no one could get out. Little scary actually...
I think that redefines the phrase 'cabin fever'

Sprudel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 15, 2006
Redwood City, CA, USA
I kept seeing folks trying to nade the barbed wire barrier on SnowyForest. Of course I still see that all the time even without free trials... :D

Lots of nades against tanks, lots of bailing out of tanks or hopping in and pooching my shot... but hey, so it goes, they'll learn fast.

Klaus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 22, 2006
Israel, Tel-Aviv
Best tactic.. best tactic
oh yea, many guys stare at the floor for 10 minutes
then run into a wall
stare at it for 5 more minutes
try to slam it with the rifle twice
yell this game ****s, tetris is better and has far more advanced graphics
tk half the team, get banned.

Captian Kil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 21, 2006
bunny hoping worked wonder in the mod. Out of a force of habit i still do it sometimes :D

Funnest tactic would have to be suicide sat charges. i would just shoot the runner as soon as he pulled the pin, which kills any of his team mates in the area :p (i wonder what would happed if you shot it out his hand, then shot him in the leg......)