• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weird 'stutter'

Ive got this too, i cant even aim and its "stuttering" every single second, my fps are okay, is there any fix now? thanks

//ok,
  • Open regedit
  • Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
  • There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
  • Reboot

worked for me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the same thing, for me it has nothing to do with firing weapons though.

It is very random though it can happen only once in a round, or up to 6 times, if it is sound related then it might be worth posting your sound card type if you use one and any other relevent info.

I have been using a creative extreme gamer x-fi card up until last week, now I have a USB driven headset, I will test more with this and post if the problem persists.

I had no problems with this before the most recent patch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played a few rounds on Wednesday night, played 2 rounds on 40-i server which gives me a ping of about 40, did not notice any problems.

I then played on the TE3 server, the ping was moving wildly on that server I have not seen that before, my usual ping on this server is around 150, I did get the stuttering on this server. Played station in one of the rounds and I did notice when the spotter plane flew over the stutter occured.

Need to test more though.

Upvote 0
Hmmm..... at the moment i have also these stuttering errors, i suggest it is related to the nvidia drivers.

Former i used an en8800gtx graphic card from asus, with a driver version 29x.xx and i was able to play ro2 without any errors. Sadly the graphic card crashed and i must buy a new one.

I bought a graphic card with the gtx570 chip and installed the latest nvidia drivers and since that i have the stuttering error.

At the first time ro2 was nearly unplayable for me, after i did some research i recognized that nvidia delivers an extra sound device with this card, so i disabled the nvidia hd audio driver in the device manager tab and doing the registry change, after that i was able to play the game but the stuttering error is still there.

Upvote 0
Hmmm..... at the moment i have also these stuttering errors, i suggest it is related to the nvidia drivers.

Former i used an en8800gtx graphic card from asus, with a driver version 29x.xx and i was able to play ro2 without any errors. Sadly the graphic card crashed and i must buy a new one.

I bought a graphic card with the gtx570 chip and installed the latest nvidia drivers and since that i have the stuttering error.

At the first time ro2 was nearly unplayable for me, after i did some research i recognized that nvidia delivers an extra sound device with this card, so i disabled the nvidia hd audio driver in the device manager tab and doing the registry change, after that i was able to play the game but the stuttering error is still there.

I don't think this is the reason this is happening because I have had a gtx570 since the game came out, and I had no problem before the large patch which gave us classic mode etc.

When you install the Nvidia drivers you can go to custom install, and you do not need the HDMI sound drivers installed, you have an option not to install. I only think you need these drivers if you are using a HDMI cable connected to your monitor/TV, if using a DVI cable you do not need these drivers, mind I am no expert.

Upvote 0
Yesterday i played some rounds with the avt-40 and in single fire mode the stuttering didn't appear.

When you install the Nvidia drivers you can go to custom install, and you do not need the HDMI sound drivers installed, you have an option not to install. I only think you need these drivers if you are using a HDMI cable connected to your monitor/TV, if using a DVI cable you do not need these drivers, mind I am no expert.
I have no glue how the nvidia hd audio driver could affect the game respectively sound perfomance. I only noticed some performace boost after disabeling it.

Maybe it was subjektive visual perception from me...:rolleyes: and the disabeling of the drivers didn't change anything...

Btw. i hope some technical expert will find the solution for this problem ;)

Upvote 0
i would get the stuttering too and thought nothing of it, but now after updating my os to windows 8, those lil stutters cause my game to freeze. ive tried everything, vsync off, speakers removed, stock settings on video card, lowering my in-game video settings. nothing works. the bad thing is a dump file doesnt get created since the game just freezes and i have to close it with task manager. so i cant help tripwire and they cant help me/us either :(

Upvote 0