• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weird 'stutter'

After the last patch RO2 as been unplayable for me due to the stuttering. I can't for the love of god hit any body because aiming and moving around is so jittery. Totally game breaking! :(

Oh and I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti graphics card.
what happens to your fps while it's doing it? i got gtx 560ti amp the day they put out that patch. i get a wierd stutter that lasts for about 5 seconds. doesn't happen all the time. just every once in a while. i can't narrow down what starts it. it drops the framerate from around 90-100 to under 10. it affects everything, including players talking on voip. i didn't have this with my hd5750, (except on single player) but the fps was half what it is now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what happens to your fps while it's doing it? i got gtx 560ti amp the day they put out that patch. i get a wierd stutter that lasts for about 5 seconds. doesn't happen all the time. just every once in a while. i can't narrow down what starts it. it drops the framerate from around 90-100 to under 10. it affects everything, including players talking on voip. i didn't have this with my hd5750, (except on single player) but the fps was half what it is now.

Sorry for the really noobish question but how do I monitor my fps while playing?

The sad thing about the stuttering is that it's constant for me, but I notice it the most when I'm sprinting.

This problem really bugs me cause I've logged 344 hours of RO2, but after the patch I've just had to stop playing.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the really noobish question but how do I monitor my fps while playing?

The sad thing about the stuttering is that it's constant for me, but I notice it the most when I'm sprinting.

This problem really bugs me cause I've logged 344 hours of RO2, but after the patch I've just had to stop playing.
open the console, with the tilde key. ~ then type stat fps and hit enter. it'll show your fps at the upper right of your monitor and stay there till you turn it off.

Upvote 0
same problem but it got worst with new cpu/ram/mobo.

Before i wa slike...ok maybe it dosent like my old soundcard ( oddly enough right ) and it ran with some mediocre 15 fp, to 30 MAX. Ok could squeeze some fun out of that. NOW with almost x6 the processor power and double of ram and almost 4x of GPU power it runs with...SEVEN fps max even with all details down. But that dosent matter right ? Because it CRASHES 90% of the time anyways in a such a way i have to hard reset. I give up... ( sidenote..only happens with RO2 ..suprise )

Upvote 0
same problem but it got worst with new cpu/ram/mobo.

Before i wa slike...ok maybe it dosent like my old soundcard ( oddly enough right ) and it ran with some mediocre 15 fp, to 30 MAX. Ok could squeeze some fun out of that. NOW with almost x6 the processor power and double of ram and almost 4x of GPU power it runs with...SEVEN fps max even with all details down. But that dosent matter right ? Because it CRASHES 90% of the time anyways in a such a way i have to hard reset. I give up... ( sidenote..only happens with RO2 ..suprise )
what was your old computer specs and what are the new ones? what graphics settings? that's odd. :confused:

Upvote 0
If these stutters seem related to the sound part of the game, have you guys tried to lower the sound quality and the amount of audio channels, to see if it's lowering the amount of stutters ?

nb: I don't have that problem, even if I still get some 0.5 seconds freezes from time to time (approx. once every minute) but it sounds a lot more like a RAM/HDD caching issue, something that's happening (more or less) on other games as well.

Upvote 0