• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons on the floor

My biggest problem is when I join a server at a later wave and no one gives me any money. I'm sure a few of them don't have any money, but you can't tell me that all 5 people including some level 6s and medics have no money what so ever.

Maybe I'm just a bastard but that annoys me since I will always give people money if they need it. I'd rather have my team well equipped on my dime, then to get an aa12 and have everyone else using shotguns and 9mils. I've gone as far as selling my HC secondary to help people gear up.

As for the weapon stealing, I've never been given my gun back after I died. I either had to go get it, or make due with a pistol.

Reactions: Rainydaykid
Upvote 0
Thats why I like Friendly Fire servers,
If someone takes your weapon, shoot them, take it back by force.

The trouble is, the simple clot suckers can't understand why you put a weapon down in the first place, they think your throwing it away, not stockpiling it.
My rule is this, if the person who the weapon belongs to is dead, its free to grab and use as long as you return it.
In the event that the person quits, its yours to do whatever you like with.

Something though I have been doing is studying the general skill levels of certain people, In the event you have a Sharpy who can't hit a giant target from 1 meter away, then its best to take their weapon in the event of all hell breaking loose, saving the team, and then returning it after, sure that leaves a player without a weapon, but if they can't use it, why the heck do they have one?

Something that I have been noticing though is the MP7, if you throw one to someone, they don't seem to sell it, in fact they tend to heal and do more with it than their standard weaponry, also its a great weapon to drop, only worth

Upvote 0
Yea I just play with a friend and its only two of us on suicidal
and if anyone ever joins we immediately vote kick them on sight

lol u can hear us saying on vent "kick!!!"

That is kind of retarded in itself, unless your intent it to play 2 vs Map.

Easiest way to go about it is ask lvl and intended Perk, if they don't answer after being asked twice, by text or voice then its auto kick.

If they reply with something useful then we let them in and get told what weapons they can either have or will be given plenty of cash at trader as its a good investment if the player is decent high lvl, for the extra Zeds.

If they say lvl 6 demo, they get asked to change to something useful to the team, and if they are noobs who leveled 6 only, its a kick as well usually. They still don't understand the game enough, and to lvl demo quick is purely a selfish style of play, not saying its wrong if you want to level quick its just if your new to the game and are doing it, it will transfer into their team play style.

Anything below Suicide I don't care what they bring in or steal anymore there is plenty of money. I usually don't buy spare weapon's outside of the occasional xbow and rarely they get used, so I am placing them there for the team as well, the medic if it gets tight and any other designated SS. Other classes are slightly annoying but then you get a insight to the style of play they might choose, selfish and you can kick them for a 400 outlay which is cheap if you get them out before wave 10 suicide starts, 60 zeds less.

I never pick up ground weapons dropped unless its clearly in a spot that will never be returned to, and then I ask. I never ask for cash either as a lvl 6 ss can survive and be very useful in any wave with a stock load out and given a spare 100-150 he can get the HC which is potentially his 60 zeds right there as ironically the HC is still the best rifle(even though its a pistol) in the game. Long range HS with it on small zeds are the best, l loose the dot on the EBR and I like the irons of the HC better.

Regards

Bastard

Upvote 0
My biggest problem is when I join a server at a later wave and no one gives me any money. I'm sure a few of them don't have any money, but you can't tell me that all 5 people including some level 6s and medics have no money what so ever.

Maybe I'm just a bastard but that annoys me since I will always give people money if they need it. I'd rather have my team well equipped on my dime, then to get an aa12 and have everyone else using shotguns and 9mils. I've gone as far as selling my HC secondary to help people gear up.

As for the weapon stealing, I've never been given my gun back after I died. I either had to go get it, or make due with a pistol.

Up to Hard I am with you, Suicide is not a help someone out place, unless you have invited a low lvl guy in for a taste, its not about skill either its pure game mechanic's giving money to a lvl 0-2 just doesn't make sense they cannot kill their quota regardless they cannot do the damage needed to get their quota and if the manage it they are exhausting all of their resources trying; that means someone else has to, spare money is then better spent on spare weapons to cope with increased quota's. Its a viscous cycle and really its why Suicide games get filtered alot by those who play on them. You spend up to an hour to get to the PAT and having that hour wrecked by ignorance can be frustrating, though it happens, same as a lvl 6 missing a HS on a FP it happens (usually because a said douche is shooting it at a oblique angle with a MP7 or something like that).

Upvote 0
Hah, yeah.

Newbies tend not to know much about the game so they're apt to picking up whatever they find that is near or convenient to them.

Stockpiling is pretty much essential for Suicidal games, so having a low level guy who just started pick up a dead person's Tier3 Gun only to get scrapped with his medic gun out... not a pretty sight.

Much love to the new players who do happen to learn how to drop weapons though and are actually courteous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But then everyone goes "OMG what a jerk! why you TK!" and you either get vote kicked or it starts a big war where he kills you every chance he gets, which is more annoying then just letting him have the gun.

So what you are saying is basically we should allow them to keep taking our weaponry with no punishment?

If you say "Do not touch [Insert weapon here], if you do I will kill you" And they still take it, then they deserve to be punished.
People will NOT! Learn to leave weapons you drop to stockpile if you just let them take the weapons you leave.

One of the ten commandments was thou shall not steal. (Although so is Thou shall not kill which by killing them your also breaking) Police will lock you up for stealing. Why should the game be any different?

Upvote 0
If someone drops a weapon I presume its for someone who either needs money or a weapon, not some guy stockpiling weapons. Seriously stockpiling weapons? ehh what? No.

And if you die then the weapon you dropped is also free to grab by soemone needing cash or a weapon.

I tend not to pick up any weapons outside my class and regularly return accidentally picked up ones but you drop it, its fair game and you can expect anyone to obey your frankly bizzare stockpiling rules. Actually, if I saw someone stockpiling I'd be pretty pissed as there are ALWAYS folk that could do with the money on practically every round and it just means you're hoarding and not sharing.

Upvote 0
True, but the nice players on Normal are of no help to me.

That guy did it on a Suicidal server, and at the time my Commando was only lvl 5, so I was stuck with a bullpup on Wave 9.

If I had known, I woulda switched to my SS, since the default xbow and pistol are highly conducive to Suicidal on minimalist gear.

Now I'm facing trouble with Japanese players because I can't communicate with them at all. They have a penchant for often choosing terrible defensive locations, as well as killing off the last ZED when the trader is 180m away.

Try saying "shin de imasu" (Shin dē imas) to Japanese players. It translates to "Go die"

And when i get either Medic L5 or one of either Support, Zerker or Demo to L4 then i might start playing on hard, followed by suicidal. Currently 1 L5 SS perk doesn't seem like much to play Suicidal with.

And where are you from? I'm aussie, so i'll eventually find my way to aussie suicidal servers, but american or other servers would be out of the question.

Upvote 0
Stockpiling is something people do and don't. In one game I was in. I was switching between a crossbow, an MP7 and a katana, a firebug on our team had 2 flamethrowers, I'm also sure the teams Sharpy had both the crossbow and EBR.
Very handy to have all those weapons when your teams wiped out, I ended up running around after they were wiped out using a number of the weapons left there and somehow finished the wave (Despite a very hungry Fleshpound trying to eat me.)
Unfortunately I couldn't pull it off twice and we were wiped out next wave.

Upvote 0
I think it works fine the way it is now, if you die with a good weapon or just leave a weapon because of something else, tell people that you'd be glad if no one took it. Works perfectly fine most of the times for me. But there are a lot of arrogant players, like on the rest of the internet.

As long as no one's doing like defragen1 I'm pretty fine. (People doing like that should have perm-ban on internet-.-). Even though it is pretty amusing to enter the clanserver just to get kicked and join again as spec adminlogin>adminsay>ban.

The thing that bothers me most on random servers (all servers) is that people generally don't write how much money they need, so if you've got 400 over and there's 3 new players, you don't know how much they need each. I always give to low levels primary though since they have more expensive guns^^.
Sorry to hear that but me and my friend only like to play solo without ppl disturbing us.
People always join high wave and beg for money like some newf4gs.
And they're always deadweight and cause us to lose. This is why we kick anyone that joins. Its called winning.
We've learned our lesson too many times.. "should we not kick this new person that's joining?" and we have bitten the bullet for it every single time..
"KICK"
is what you hear on vent every time somebody joins.
We like getting achievements on hell on earth not bads that cause everyone to fail

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that but me and my friend only like to play solo without ppl disturbing us.
People always join high wave and beg for money like some newf4gs.
And they're always deadweight and cause us to lose. This is why we kick anyone that joins. Its called winning.
We've learned our lesson too many times.. "should we not kick this new person that's joining?" and we have bitten the bullet for it every single time..
"KICK"
is what you hear on vent every time somebody joins.
We like getting achievements on hell on earth not bads that cause everyone to fail

...So host a passworded listen server or stop being a cheap douche and buy your own. Public servers are called public for a reason.

Upvote 0
I think the best option for you to allways win and dont have to care about those noobs, is to play BERSERKER :D If everything ****s up, just run forest RUN! And let those noobs who can't find out to co-operate die. You will get all their cash and then just don't give them, get revenge.

ahahaha, you sir have the best screenname for a zerkre :D

Reactions: drunkentiger
Upvote 0