• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons on the floor

maybe something to (in part) solve this, could be a small knife hit, so the player who have your weapon, toss it (the very same script does this)... the problem is when F/F is on... but well it's kindda annoying when u drop ur XBow (in my case, for sometimes stack up or to lay pipes), "Please, dont pick my XBow" but some *** sells it anyway... then with a small slash in the back, before they sell it, you get it back...

its the only thing i can think of to terminate this problem, without killing the "giving, or use my weapon"... the problem is that most people go to the trader before killing all mobs, so i dont think u can always use it... only in noob cases were they kill mindlessly of the trader distance.

Upvote 0
maybe something to (in part) solve this, could be a small knife hit, so the player who have your weapon, toss it (the very same script does this)... the problem is when F/F is on... but well it's kindda annoying when u drop ur XBow (in my case, for sometimes stack up or to lay pipes), "Please, dont pick my XBow" but some *** sells it anyway... then with a small slash in the back, before they sell it, you get it back...

its the only thing i can think of to terminate this problem, without killing the "giving, or use my weapon"... the problem is that most people go to the trader before killing all mobs, so i dont think u can always use it... only in noob cases were they kill mindlessly of the trader distance.

This would open up a HUGE window for griefing in FF servers. No thanks.

Upvote 0
Well, except one thing: Getting someone to give back something they've already grabbed may be harder than convincing them to please not pick it up in the first place. There's something in human psychology about something we've already picked up...

So it might help just a tad always announcing, "Stockpiling, please don't pick up my X," or "I died and dropped X, please let me have it next round/grab it for me."

But don't count on it. :p

Another thing, because half the people who complain about this are pricks: If someone joins, if you're stockpiling, you better give 'em money. If I join and nobody gives me any cash for weaponry, but has a stockpile of weapons laying around, guess what I'm gonna do?

I get sick of people stockpiling ridiculous amounts of weapons, yet not helping a new player get anything better than his 9mm/spawn weapons, and crying about it like little girls when the weaponless guy helps himself.

Not saying people stealing weapons is right, just saying that more than half the time, the stockpilers are asking for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another thing, because half the people who complain about this are pricks: If someone joins, if you're stockpiling, you better give 'em money. If I join and nobody gives me any cash for weaponry, but has a stockpile of weapons laying around, guess what I'm gonna do?

I get sick of people stockpiling ridiculous amounts of weapons, yet not helping a new player get anything better than his 9mm/spawn weapons, and crying about it like little girls when the weaponless guy helps himself.

Not saying people stealing weapons is right, just saying that more than half the time, the stockpilers are asking for it.

so true, i agree totally there. Especially when a new players is a medic. Im generally the only one on my team giving them money(on normal/hard). I do hate people who stockpile weapons on hard that don't share. Onlything i find more annoying is people who take my weapon(m14 when im medic) and use it. Reason i love playing on ff servers. If you are going to be a dick and take my weapon when you already have enough and i don't have enough cash to even buy a xbow, you are dead.(armor isn't a problem since if i die i just respawn with it as medic hehe). Simple fact of ff, if you steal weapons from teammates who need it, you will not recieve heals or will be S.O.S. If you have a problem with that you'll learn real fast.
I don't mind those who use it then give it back though, they are fine in my book heh.

Upvote 0
I remember playing in a friendly fire server.
I died as a Medic and someone took my MP7, which I thought was quite unfair.
When I spawned I went in the same general direction that the guy did and found a gun on the floor, when I picked it up I realized it was a SCAR, so I preceeded to equip it so I could drop it (I disabled weapon switch on pickup) and as I was doing this the previous owner attacked me with the knife (during trader downtime).
He didnt ask for it, he simply attacked me, and I HATE when people attacks me during trader times.

I did not take this kindly, so I proceeded to TK him, and then I was kicked.

It's not always bad though, once I ran out of primary ammo so I asked permission to grab an EBR, then I returned it to it's owner once the wave ended.

Upvote 0
Wow I've never come across these problems. I play on regular pub servers and in every game I've played it's an unwritten rule that you can pick up a dead team mates weapon and use it but you have to give it back after the round ends.

Never been a problem with that so far. I think people just play better on suicidal there's pretty much no weapon stockpiling for a start.

Upvote 0
I have never had problems with other players taking my weapons and not returning them or anything of the sort. Of course I usually play with at least one of my friends.

It's common courtesy to be helpful to teammates in a co-op game but there are many who don't respect other player and you have to deal with this on public servers. Unless they are preventing your from playing the game (ie trader blocking or TKing in FF) it should be within reason to not kick them. And kicking someone who joined your game because you want to play with just your group of friends is stupid and childish.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
Yea I just play with a friend and its only two of us on suicidal
and if anyone ever joins we immediately vote kick them on sight

lol u can hear us saying on vent "kick!!!"

Ok, you dont want noobs to join in the server and steal your weapons, but votekicking everyone else from the server is just stupid. Id be very annoyed myself if you kicked me for something someone else did. You should host your own game or play on a private server, not hog public servers for yourself.

And yea stealing weapons is a problem and we cant do much about it. Usually asking nicely doesnt help either, mostly they just ignore me or dont understand. But once there was this guy who stole my flamer and when I asked him to give it back, he replied "Want it back?" and I continue by saying "YES!" and yet he kept spraying and emptying the whole ****ing canister... When he finally decided to give it back it was pretty much empty. Great... And it was a server where you get

Upvote 0
Yea I just play with a friend and its only two of us on suicidal
and if anyone ever joins we immediately vote kick them on sight

lol u can hear us saying on vent "kick!!!"

That's incredibly lame. If you want to do that, do it on your own private server and put a password on it. Not cool or funny.

But don't worry you're not alone in griefing players on public servers. There is another pair that block the trader constantly while swearing and being immature with voice communication.

Good part is on suicidal I've had good luck. Players were cooperative as they all wanted to complete the round, rather than waste time griefing each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Well that doesn't apply to me at all. The only reason I'm asking for my gun back is cos I just gave that f**ker 900 pounds the previous round, then that ingrate noobs it up, gets a bunch of us killed, the medic clears the wave and leaves our weapons near the trader, then that f**ker plays berserker and steals my SCAR. And sells it, to buy a f***ing grenade launcher.

And again, on stockpiling weapons, you're wrong. When I play SS and stockpile, I always have hordes of cash that I dish out to anyone who needs it. I only keep 2 xbows max, to swap with the m14 I'm carrying, yet on wave 9 I suddenly turn around and find that some f***ing a-hole took them to sell despite receiving a SCAR's worth of cash from me.

Upvote 0
Wow I've never come across these problems. I play on regular pub servers and in every game I've played it's an unwritten rule that you can pick up a dead team mates weapon and use it but you have to give it back after the round ends.

Never been a problem with that so far. I think people just play better on suicidal there's pretty much no weapon stockpiling for a start.

Must be the Japanese/Australian servers I play on. I am facing the EXACT opposite. Gun-stealing had only happened to me once or twice in like a hundred games plus of Hard. But on around fifty games of Suicidal clocked thus far, I've had it happen to me on about a dozen times. Support takes my SCAR, sells it to buy himself an AA12, runs off to die. Low perk-levelled noobs take my guns, and do their best to hurt the team.....Again, and again, and again.

Most Suicidal games consist of:

Me (above average player)
1, occasionally 2 really good players significantly better than me
2-4 very weak/poor/team-hurting players with the aforementioned selfish/myopic/team-wiping behaviour

Upvote 0
^^some just don't know how to play any other way, it happens everywhere. every man for themself, competition before survival, teammates are only good for looting. those are the ones you see racking up as many points as they can for the first few rounds, then die or wipe the team and ragequit so they can leech off more players in the next game. thus leveling takes forever to them, and there is only so much fun that can be had with it.

we just have to accept that certain people are incapable of working with others, those who "get it" can have fun pretty much anywhere, because they live longer and win more often. you really can't make everyone play the game it was meant to be, unless devs force certain mechanics on us that would limit what we can do.

Upvote 0
So i remember i was playing medic on normal/biolab and i as the last person alive. I have the standard MP7 in addition to my HS. There were two scrakes remaining, only about 10-15 metres away from me, and there's a team-mate's AA12 lying about 3 metres away. My HS is low on ammo so i drop it and pickup the superior AA12. I then proceed to dominate the scrakes. I then either returned the AA12 upon request or i gave it back after asking whose AA12 it was. Point is, not everyone is a wep stealing asshole who then sells it for money. I'm usually happy with a HS. Also don't hog public servers.

I usually play on the Gamespace servers on normal. I don't wep steal and i consider myself a nice, good player. Goes to show not everyone is a bad sport.

Upvote 0
So i remember i was playing medic on normal/biolab and i as the last person alive. I have the standard MP7 in addition to my HS. There were two scrakes remaining, only about 10-15 metres away from me, and there's a team-mate's AA12 lying about 3 metres away. My HS is low on ammo so i drop it and pickup the superior AA12. I then proceed to dominate the scrakes. I then either returned the AA12 upon request or i gave it back after asking whose AA12 it was. Point is, not everyone is a wep stealing asshole who then sells it for money. I'm usually happy with a HS. Also don't hog public servers.

I usually play on the Gamespace servers on normal. I don't wep steal and i consider myself a nice, good player. Goes to show not everyone is a bad sport.

True, but the nice players on Normal are of no help to me.

That guy did it on a Suicidal server, and at the time my Commando was only lvl 5, so I was stuck with a bullpup on Wave 9.

If I had known, I woulda switched to my SS, since the default xbow and pistol are highly conducive to Suicidal on minimalist gear.

Now I'm facing trouble with Japanese players because I can't communicate with them at all. They have a penchant for often choosing terrible defensive locations, as well as killing off the last ZED when the trader is 180m away.

Upvote 0