• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons on the floor

...So host a passworded listen server or stop being a cheap douche and buy your own. Public servers are called public for a reason.
yea it is called a public for a reason
and if you're bad enough to think you're gonna join my game MID GAME just to have lulz and lose

you will get kicked
HURP DURP I JOIN MID GAME ON SUICIDAL AND HELL ON EARTH SERVERS HURRRR
yea these people are the "douche bags" and deserve to be kicked

Upvote 0
The only times I pick up a gun on the floor that belongs to someone else is when they're dead and my guns are low on ammo. In which case, I'll quickly type to thank them for lending me their weapon.

After the wave, I'll just patiently wait on the Trader door, toss them back their weapon with another thanks and give them a quick 500 pounds as compensation for me wasting their ammo.

When I'm dead and my weapon's on the floor, sure, feel free and use it. Once I respawn, I'll ask just once,"Can I have my weapon back?" If they say yes then I'll thank them and go on my merry way. If they don't, I'll just shrug it off and buy a poor man's weapon and blame it on myself for dying.

Reactions: Rainydaykid
Upvote 0
The only times I pick up a gun on the floor that belongs to someone else is when they're dead and my guns are low on ammo. In which case, I'll quickly type to thank them for lending me their weapon.

After the wave, I'll just patiently wait on the Trader door, toss them back their weapon with another thanks and give them a quick 500 pounds as compensation for me wasting their ammo.

When I'm dead and my weapon's on the floor, sure, feel free and use it. Once I respawn, I'll ask just once,"Can I have my weapon back?" If they say yes then I'll thank them and go on my merry way. If they don't, I'll just shrug it off and buy a poor man's weapon and blame it on myself for dying.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Upvote 0
I usually don't have to encounter this situation, however when i do, i always act with kindness.

Like when i used someone's (Rainy's?) AA12 finish off 2 scrakes as Medic, i returned it after it performed its service to the team.

I also gave a generous dosh bonus for not raging at my usage of it :D

Usually playing with mates means you can avoid the rage and uncertainty, because you're mates! :IS2:

Upvote 0
I usually don't have to encounter this situation, however when i do, i always act with kindness.

Like when i used someone's (Rainy's?) AA12 finish off 2 scrakes as Medic, i returned it after it performed its service to the team.

I also gave a generous dosh bonus for not raging at my usage of it :D

Usually playing with mates means you can avoid the rage and uncertainty, because you're mates! :IS2:
Heh, I rarely use an AA12, most of the time I do a lot better with a pump shotgun. I don't care if I die and someone takes my weapon, that doesn't bother me. If people are dying, the survivors need to do whatever it takes to win. I can do well with just about any gun, so being "stuck" with an AK on pretty much any wave isn't a huge issue. I'll spawn with enough for at least full AK mags, on HoE, which is enough for waves 1-8, usually.

Upvote 0
I can think of two half measures that may apeal to the OP.

A- show the weapons original purchaser name. Maybe on pickup, on switch to, on inventory view, on trader screen or all.

B- as an extension of A only allow the original purchaser to sell a weapon. Maybe make it a server setting.

and C - message *blah blah* picked up your gun.. no more missing gun an everyone saying it was not them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0