• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

weapon & item ideas

weapon & item ideas

• definitely!

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • nah, killing floor has enough weapons

Votes: 35 71.4%

• Total voters
No.

Just no.

The SCAR-H Mk17 Mod0 fires the one on the left, it is called 7.62x51mm NATO.
The AR 15 family of weapons fire the middle one, it is called 5.56x45mm NATO.

myself said:
It's weird you people discuss realistic aspects of the M4 when nothing in this game is slightly realistic.

Also, KF 9mm pistol damage = 25-35
KF bullpup, or L22 if you prefer, damage = 16-26

Reactions: Sammers
Upvote 0
No M4's in my KF, EVER! KF is a British game, so we want to conserve it's unique Britishness that is in no other game.
If you where going to add new weapons to the game, I saw a AWSM and M99 for Sharpshooter and the M7A3 Medic Gun for the Medic.
And maybe a WWII weapon from RO such as the Mosin-Nagant 91/30, but that is another story.

KF is all about balanced weapons so you still have a high amount of being ganged by ZEDs and killed, even on lower difficulties. It's no fun if you can moe down everything with no effort.

Upvote 0
edit:hm don't click the links, they're wrong, hate when IE copies links...

No M4's in my KF, EVER! KF is a British game, so we want to conserve it's unique Britishness that is in no other game.

Let's see:
Beretta 9mm = Place of origin Italy

Desert Eagle =Place of origin United States Israel

HK Mp7 = Place of origin Germany

Mac10 = Place of origin United States

Benelli shotgun = Place of origin Italy

Hunting shotgun appears to be a Stoeger Coach Gun = Place of origin Brazil

AA12 = Place of origin United States

L22 = Place of origin United Kingdom (finally one)

The AK47 in the game appears to be a Romanian Draco AK Carbine, place of origin is probably Romania, couldn't find more info.

Scar = Place of origin Belgium United States

M14-EBR = Place of origin United States

Lar = Winchester Model 1894 = Place of origin United States

M79 = Place of origin United States

M32 = Place of origin South Africa

LAW and xbow are generic versions, LAW like that doesn't seem to exist and the xbow also unidentifiable.

Yup, as you can see, it's a very british game indeed :rolleyes:

KF is all about balanced weapons so you still have a high amount of being ganged by ZEDs and killed, even on lower difficulties. It's no fun if you can moe down everything with no effort.

Adding more weapons with same stats wouldn't hurt balance, just make it more varied.

Also regarding the M4 : the British SAS uses a variant on the basic theme, the Colt Canada (formerly Diemaco) C8SFW.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yup, as you can see, it's a very british game indeed :rolleyes:
But most of them are weapons that could be pictured in Britain.

Macs and AKs are stereotypical gangster guns for a start. Tactical stuff may well have been used by law enforcement agencies etc.
Others, just have a sort of pop culture thing going on; katana, Lever-action rifle, Hunting Shotgun.

Gun dosn't actually need to be British for it to exist in Britain.
That said, another British weapon wouldn't be so bad.

Upvote 0
Also, KF 9mm pistol damage = 25-35
KF bullpup, or L22 if you prefer, damage = 16-26

The L22 most likely fires a FMJ bullet, in accordance with several conventions banning the use of expanding bullets in warfare. Which means the kinetic energy of the round isn't fully utilised.

The Beretta 92FS most likely uses 9mm JHP, and would expand when impacting the target.

So i guess that looks legit.

Upvote 0
But most of them are weapons that could be pictured in Britain.
Where is the SCAR in britain ?
The C8 I mentioned was already used in battles by UK troops, I couldn't find a single picture of a UK soldier with a SCAR on the hand.
Remove the SCAR then and add the C8 to make it more *realistic*.

CandleJack said:
The L22 most likely fires a FMJ bullet, in accordance with several conventions banning the use of expanding bullets in warfare. Which means the kinetic energy of the round isn't fully utilised.

The Beretta 92FS most likely uses 9mm JHP, and would expand when impacting the target.

Yup but then the L22 in game should penetrate multiple targets right ? So what bullet is used in the game ? It's not a FMJ cause it doesn't penetrate and it's not a HP because it does less damage then the 9mm JHP, no, it doesn't look legit at all.

Again, discussing realistic issues in this game doesn't make much sense, there's a lot of problems with realism, adding new skins to existing guns won't hurt. Or at least TWI should look mutators of new guns with different eyes, whitelisting them more, would hardly hurt the game if new guns copied stats from existing ones.

Upvote 0

Well, from one firearm enthusiast to another...

A 5.56mm round with a 55~67 gr. FMJ bullet exiting the 17.4" barrel of the L22 at a likely 2400+ fps would dwarf ANY 9mm pistol round. As I've pointed out in the past, (to the apparent consternation of some), the in-game Bullpup is ejecting pistol cases, does, at best, pistol-like damage, and should have been depicted all-along as a submachinegun using, of course, pistol-class ammunition. And, how likely would it be to find non-FMJ 9mm ammunition in handgun-unfriendly England?

Again, I'm not advocating for, nor expecting, the depiction of the weapon to change. In my mind, it IS a subbie. But if I woke up and found that it was suddenly transformed into a MP5 or some-such, with no changes in sights, stats or balance, I'd sure welcome the event.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This would all be a lot easier to explain for an AUG.

Trying to explain this in terms of realism is cactus, i guess i give up and say there's no real way to rationalise it. :eek:

Or, we could always say the 92FS is using +P+ ammo :p

That's what I have been trying to say, bringing real life factors for saying why adding a gun to the game is bad, or why a gun should have + damage or not similar damage to a different gun is pointless in killing floor, the whole perk system already throw gun realism down the drain, a ak doing more damage in the hands of person X than person Y, there is no way to make this realistic, what should be discussed is balance within the game, I'd like to see a gun like the one I posted a pic off, the one from the fallout 3 mod, cause it's very well modeled, looks great, and has a great sound effect, the best sound effect I ever heard on a gun in a game, that's it, I also like M4s and it's variants.

Upvote 0
So what should be the British weapons line up for killing floor (what could replace what to make it more British without sucking)

L129A1 Sharpshooter rifle (for SS)
[url]http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/news/sharpshooter.jpg[/URL]

SA80 A2 LSW (vs or alternative to SCAR)
[url]http://www.army.mod.uk/images/central-panel/lsw_410.jpg[/URL]

C8 SFW (vs or alternative SCAR, my preferred)
[url]http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/gallery/uksf/sfsg-c8sfw.jpg[/URL]

Upvote 0

The L129A1 looks like a SR 25 derivative. I'd rather have this with that particular ACOG than the M14 myself. Seems to fit better.

Ah, the L86 LSW. Not exactly the best LMG because it was to accurate, but since it was adopted as a sniper rifle, it seems to be pretty good.

A legitimate reason for a AR 15 style derivative. Nice one.

My only gripe is the "elite" part of that. Are all of KF's players elite, and therefore do they qualify to use these? :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah I thought about that but the regular british army uses guns that are very alike to the L22 already in game. The SA80 A2 L85.

[URL="http://www.kingdomofvictoria.com/images/military/equipment/smallarms/sa80.png"][url]http://www.kingdomofvictoria.com/images/military/equipment/smallarms/sa80.png[/URL][/URL]

Maybe if you look into the police forces of UK you can find more variation.

Kinda like this?

Spoiler!

Upvote 0