• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WE NEed ENGINEER TO BE ABLE To REPAIR TANKS

Men of War had tank repairs. If your Tiger/IS2 etc got knocked out you could just guard it until any tank crewman or survivors repaired it after 5 mins. Games could go on for 2 hours. Using Tanks in pairs meant you could stop the enemy tank from successfully blowing up your tank if they enemy wouldn't move on to another target. This isn't really realistic...

Upvote 0
I'm no engineer but I'm sure repairing a broken track on a tank takes a little more than just hitting it with a wrench for a few seconds.

Plus, the tank will probably end up getting destroyed by the time you even get near it.

Disagreed. The possibility of exiting a tank seems reasonable, but please no tank repairing on the battlefield, in my opinion this is the least thing the tank system needs.

I say NO.

In the time frame of a game, even if you shorten it, do you realize how long that could take? It just wouldn't work with this game.

I agree with you guys but isn't it equally ludicrous to be able to replenish your crew and repair your tank instantly just by parking near an ammo crate?

Upvote 0
I agree with you guys but isn't it equally ludicrous to be able to replenish your crew and repair your tank instantly just by parking near an ammo crate?

Agree. I would prefer there be tank only resupplies way back at tank spawn. Though not realistic either, for game-play reasons it sounds better than scuttling out in the field, or having players type suicide in console when they run out of ammunition (or at least HE rounds). Think of it as getting a new tank, while the old one goes in for repairs / re-arm behind the front.

Upvote 0