• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Visual Character Models

Actually any WW II shooter looks like "Attack of the Clones". Look at Call of Duty 2 f.ex. there's like 7 different heads for Germans available in SP and the MP only uses 2!!!

I don't want my comrades to look the same. Wouldn't it be great that you can decide which headgear you're wearing either M42 helmet or M43 field cap?
What kind of trousers you're wearing?
If your sleeves are rolled up or not?

I believe this would be great!

Now you mentioned unrealistic options. What would that be? Just that some gears is not matching with the year 1942? Or gameplay wise?

Gear and gameplay wise. From everything I have read and seen, your average German soldiers always wore the helmet.

Someone else also brought up the point that generally squads dress/use the same equipment.

It would look a bit odd if everyone ran around looking completely different.

Though, more uniforms and whatnot would be nice. Some uniforms ect. can be used in certain maps where they were more common.

Upvote 0
If anyone plays Unreal Tournament III here he'll easy understand what I want to add on this idea.

How about featuring a menu where you can set up your own player model with prefabs. So you can choose between a helmet or a cap or even your bare head. Then one should be able to decide whether you want to have a foliage net on your helmet, then if there's really foliage in it or just the helmet net.

I guess HoS will have standard uniforms like yet seen in the footage videos and then a greatcoat version for the winter maps. There one could also go for if ppl want to have white clothing over the coat or not.

Another feature would be that you can select your face out of like 6 different ones. And you can select what kind of voice actor you want to have.

That'll be really awesome.

i fully agree with you! i hadn't think anything about personalization....nice idea!

this remember me the multiplayer of GTA IV lol :D

Upvote 0
As has been pointed out, units usually made changes that were pretty consistent (like everyone white washing their helmets at one time when the opportunity arose, etc.), so it wouldn't make sense to have all these variations in uniforms within a unit. Of course, there might be some variations in field equipment between different units that you play in the game at different times during the battle, but that wouldn't affect your uniform when you are playing a multi-player game as a soldier in a particular unit, the uniforms and equipment would all look pretty much the same.

I certainly hope there will be plenty of choices in which faces you can choose for your soldier in multi-player, maybe even get to choose from several voices for the in-game voice command system (stuff like, "Enemy ahead.", "Machine gun!", etc.). :)

Brendan makes a good point. While Tripwire is going to all the effort to make all these nice textures for the soldiers' uniforms, they may as well make sure the uniforms are done accurately. Let guys who are experienced reenactors and very knowledgeable about German and Russian uniforms take a good look at the uniforms and point out if there are any problems, so these things can be corrected well before the game comes out.

Upvote 0