• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Visual Character Models

I think the option to personalise kit would be awesome, especially if you could modify your belt kit as well as headgear, for example, carrying a mapcase or pistol holster. What would be even more awesome would be the ability adjust the facial features of your character to make it look like you. There are already games out there that do this "Mount and Blade" the medieval slash 'em up, springs to mind immediately. Whatever Tripwire intend to do, I'm sure its going to be even more addictive that the first RO.

Upvote 0
I think the option to personalise kit would be awesome, especially if you could modify your belt kit as well as headgear, for example, carrying a mapcase or pistol holster. What would be even more awesome would be the ability adjust the facial features of your character to make it look like you. There are already games out there that do this "Mount and Blade" the medieval slash 'em up, springs to mind immediately. Whatever Tripwire intend to do, I'm sure its going to be even more addictive that the first RO.

Mapcases and pistol holsters were not every soldiers issue. Usually only platoon leader (officer/senior NCO) had a mapcase, sometimes also "vice leader" of the platoon. Same goes with pistol, though for example MG gunners had sidearms. I think that equipment should be kept realistic. It would be stupid to see every soldier running around with mapcases and pistol holsters and so on. And like many have argued in this thread, camouflage etc. were ordered by company/platoon, even battalion scale. That was done also for recognition purposes. So there

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About the gear, I mentioned above that some things should changed, like headgear, some with helmet some with field cap. The film Stalingrad shows several with the M35 field cap. And the Zeltbahn was something for snipers, I believe, no? So you could decide if, as you're role is sniper, you'll be wearing one or not previously in the character customization menu. Of course we don't need something like S

Upvote 0
About the gear, I mentioned above that some things should changed, like headgear, some with helmet some with field cap. The film Stalingrad shows several with the M35 field cap. And the Zeltbahn was something for snipers, I believe, no? So you could decide if, as you're role is sniper, you'll be wearing one or not previously in the character customization menu. Of course we don't need something like S

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Specialy in the endbattels in stalingrad, i whouldent say the soliders there still all wore the same outfits. I whould like to see diversity like in DH.

I too really want to see diversity. But done right, not exaggerated/done unrealistically. And you are right, in the end Germans were ragged army. So maybe there could be some improvised clothing etc. used.

And if I

Upvote 0
I think that to begin with, in the initial stages of the battle the Germans would have looked pretty much uniformal, but as the battle wore on, especially in the winter months, the soldiers kit would have become more and more grubby and less uniform, ie, some with gratcoats, some with reversable parkers, scalves, balaclarvas, white helmets, wire ones, bare metal, splittertarn covers, and yes zeltbahns worn over the tops of the uniform jacket. In fact the Germans should look like a bunch of ragged tramps by the end and not uniformal at all.

As I mentioned earlier it would also be great to have customizable features, haircuts and hair colour, it might even be possible to pick up items from the dead and strip corpses for food, weapons, ammo, and warm clothing, such as felt boots, warm gloves or whatever and distribute them to your squad in the single player campaing, which might have an effect on your troops moral and fighting ability or something. Both the above are already features of "Mount and Blade". Anyway, just a few wild shot thoughts that I think would make things a bit more interesting.

Upvote 0