• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
In one of the screen shots you see a guy carrying and sprinting with a heavy water-cooled MG, doesn't really bode well.

I swear I remember seeing some early art assets and even a short few seconds long demo movie of this game before, but it was canned or indefinitely delayed or something.

Without more information I'd stick with the Great war mod for RO2.

Upvote 0
The game is under quite some attention here in Holland. The groups of developers consist only of about 3 to 4 men, so yeah. At this point you cannot compare it to any other major shooter games like Red orchestra. But Red Orchestra also started as a mod, and look where the game is now! I give this game a try, and it still requires alot of work, keep in mind that they work with a small team. I wish them the best! Thank you for opening this thread.

Dave

( Here is an interview https://vimeo.com/77670748 from Gamescon 2013)
They speak dutch, but you will meet the team, and you will see some gameplay.
verdun.jpg

2514108-7404710175-verdu.png

Upvote 0
Just bought the early access. I haven't played it yet but looking at recent YouTube clips it shows a lot of promise. Keep in mind that this is still a WIP Beta.

I've been waiting for a WWI shooter for a while... And not a dog fighting one. At the very least they have something people can actually play at this stage... And is cheap, especially during the Christmas specials.

Upvote 0
So I played a bit last night and I do like what I see so far. I certainly didn't hate the game. It still has a way to go.

I am looking forward to the Canadian / German Storm Troopers they're bringing in in a few weeks. The upcoming Gas warfare also sounds pretty cool.

Ladders and Stairs need some tweaking and you need to kind of awkwardly jump up them.

Many trenches have areas that are difficult to see over properly due to being a bit too high and there are limited areas where MG's can be placed decently for a clear view, but can be worked around.

All in all, I definitely want to continue supporting this game. It certainly reminds me of Red Orchestra's early stages of being a mod. Regardless if the game ends up being awesome by launch or isn't much further beyond what it is now, I still would like to see support for this game grow. If there is a sequel later down the road, it will only be much better.

It has a pretty decent foundation.

I would like to see damage similar to Red Orchestra and without crosshairs or hit indicators like you see in BF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just picked his game up for 75% off in the flash sale the other day and I'm really liking the game so far. It's rough around the edges and some things just don't work at all (I'm looking at you, ladders and stairs), but all around I love the WW1 feel of it and I see the amazing potential and hopefully it'll be better for official release and down the road.

Looking forward to the Canadians, new German squad, gas warfare, and generally more polish.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, this is my first post in these forums. I've owned Verdun for some time now, and I have to say that I do enjoy the game. It still (even now) needs some tweaking before it's perfect, but hats off to the developers for their hard work putting it all together, and updating/maintaining the game. A great experience, and a welcome change from cod + bf.

Upvote 0