• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF VAC in Killing Floor

szadou

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 14, 2014
Due to some problems with a cheater in Killing Floor, I decided to make a topic about cheating in general. I would like to ask TWI, if there were any cases where, players were really VAC-banned in Killing Floor.

I heard that the only way to ban them from VAC-servers is to make a report on their profile steam page... Well...many did... From comments on his profile and other evidence I think they guy might be a suspected cheater. The guy spent about 900 hrs in Killling Floor playing on secured servers and now I have some doubts about "No Mercy for Cheaters" in KF.

I will be appreciated for any explanations.

In my understanding (and from what I've heard), VAC in KF is not more than some good looking snake oil. I'm aware of a person who is playing with some "hacks" on european servers (preferably on servers with disabled kickvoting), it seems like the majority of players around him are aware of what the person is doing and some of them might have reported him/her. I hightly doubt though that Valve gives a sh!t about people reporting someone unless it hits some kind of threshold. From what I've seen so far, other players just make fun of people like this and try to get them killed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could you tell me what is the statement of Tripwire Interactive? Do you have any news about it?

I am asking for this, because if they gonna stay neutral to this as they were, some players may have doubts of purchasing Killing Floor 2.

Personally a co-op game like KF with cheaters is a low chance. Having a game that is even 95% prevented of cheaters is like saying you will be rich tomorrow out of nowhere. Personally, VAC is just a standard anti-cheat but doesn't do too much. If you're really worried, maybe ask TWI to make an anti-cheat system within KF2? Even if it's for an update.

Upvote 0
Could you tell me what is the statement of Tripwire Interactive? Do you have any news about it?

I am asking for this, because if they gonna stay neutral to this as they were, some players may have doubts of purchasing Killing Floor 2.

I don't know about any official information provided by TWI on this topic. I'm playing kf for quite some time now and in all those hours I only met a handful of people who were obviously cheating. That, and the fact that KF isn't PvP (besides some tournaments and stuff), is probably a reason why anti-cheat measures are not really getting that much attention.

I highly doubt that people would reconsider purchasing kf2 only because there are a few people out there, who enjoy hitting W + Mouse1 (not including Zerks here :D ).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have seen just one cheater in the 2k hours of playing I've had in KF. It's just that there is zero point in cheating in KF. You can get every perk level up without cheating and the whole thing of KF is that its a co op game so cheating makes you worse than actually playing.

Honestly if someone is pathetic enough to cheat in a ****ing co op game then whatever. Let them. We all make fun of them anyways and KF cheaters probably have a disability that makes them physically unable to play normally.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro confirmed that is does do it's job and works great. Like I said in another topic, it can be bypassed though.
Pretty much this. VAC is only as good as the amount of effort is being put into it. Not only do a fair chunk of servers not even run VAC (I'd go as far as to say 15-25%), it needs to be updated every time people find a method of circumvent it. (I think) TWI is in charge of Killing Floor's VAC library/dictionary and it would mean they have to move efforts away from Killing Floor 2 to maintain it.

Upvote 0