• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uniforms Discussion (Merged 18 times!!)

I do believe that this is the kind of content we will see trickling out of TW in official patches for the next year or so. At least, that's the impression I get from dev comments :)

If you want it now though, check out the skinning/texture and model sections on the forums. There you'd be more likely to get the right answers you're looking for I think.

The uniforms are set by the mapper, too, from the stock available to them in their RO files, so part of it is up to the mapper.

Upvote 0
agendax said:
Missions which involves Fallscrimjaegers and Waffen SS should have camou uniforms

Who Says???
in real life there wasnt much camo to go around.
so you were darn lucky if you got a camo jacket . try reading some history.I do.
waffen ss had camo before anyone because they were hiltlers hitmen.
however the rest got theres much later in the war 44-45 :p
also alot of the luftwaffe tpoops that went to russia were first issued Heer outfits and wore the Luft insignias on them i. bet ya didnt no that either. so it was a headach to see who was who at the time.

Germanys uniforms were very colorful, the tank crew wore BLack outfits with PINK triming (piping)..go figure.
the Heer wore all green-gray (regular army) as did the Kreigs marine stationed on shore (artillery)
and the Luft...veried between blue blouse and green pants to all green . with or without camo jackets and winter camo

OOO and here is ME in my splinter camo.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/TOGLDOG/HPIM0041.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
myzko said:
What the hell is the deal with Luftwaffe field divisions??? Are they Pilots trained to footsoldiers? lol

Luftwaffe had quite a lot of field divisions. If im not mistaken those divisions were identical to heer ones.

For more info check this link: http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=233
Scroll down to Ground Units.

Upvote 0
Gottlob Bidermann talks about it in his book In Deadly Combat: A German Soldier's Memoir of the Eastern Front. As the landser regulars began taking heavy casualties as the war progressed, they needed a way to be reinforced, and many a times, it would be Luftwaffe field divisions or simply Luftwaffe personel that took their spot. Most of the time, they would receive little to no training (at least according to his statements), and would have quite a baptism of fire once the bullets started flying, but most often they turned out to be good, reliable troops.

Upvote 0
82ndfrag said:
Man, the more I think about it, the more I think its a great idear lol.

If TW did this, I would poop myself lol, I'd be so happy :D

A Heer Sniper with a Splinter camo tunic would look sweet,
and then have some of the other guys have mixed outfits
like a field green tunic and field grey pants, man........

I'm gonna stop, I'm gettin tears in my eyes :'\

well TW did say they will implement more variations in uniform, with future patches, so be pacient.

I'm 1 of the first that came with this idea, so i'm glad people are thinking just like me..:)

ps i really want to see ss panzergrenadiers in game man , my dream!!!!

Upvote 0
Yea agreed, I want the m36 tunic.

Only implement the decals for 1939-1942, then they were removed. Also, every man was issued tunics, trousers, a greatcoat, a smock, and a zeltbahn (poncho).

So yes they had a choice to wear what they wanted.

Also, camo trousers weren't limited to italian camo. I think the italian camo was only issued to the 12th ss, so don't even implement that. There was pea dot trousers, oak trousers.

Also my pet peve, DONT GIVE THE SS WEHRMACHT CAMO!!! *vise versa*

Also i think we should have sniper helmet veils.

The gear idea sounds useless, just kind of weird to me... It is accurate, but not something that would add to the super special cool factor.

I also want the gruppenfuhrer to have nco/officer collar tabs, shoulder boards, tunic. And also them having certain medals at times?? But no visor caps, unless its the panzerfuhrer, because the panzer crews were the only ones authorized to wear crushers into combat.

Don't give choices to regular infantry for the oak camo tunic/trousers, that was a special made item that you can bet no normal soldat owned.

I would also like to give the panzer units choice of uniform, such as camo tunic and trousers or grey assault gun uniforms instead of the normal black. And give some panzerfuhrers a choice to use the uboat leather uniform *an official prize for excellent tankers in ww2*

http://www.ww2incolor.com/gallery/germans/bscap0045

Oh dang enough babbling

-Mauser98k

Upvote 0
Yet another German fanboi thread. I don't see a *single* post discussing Soviet uniforms :p hm hm?

Hey, no complaints from me about the uniforms per se, but the way I read this, is that one of the worst problems with the game in my opinion - and that is team stacking, in 90% of cases it's German team stacking - would get even worse, with all kiddos wanting to try out the new cool SS uniforms.

I am kinda tired of playing maps where Sovs shoulda be on the offensive and they are so outnumbered they don't have enough bodies to cap, even if all players in their team are 1337est of the 1337.

Me says: devs should solve team balancing problem first, then they may add all the fashion details they like, and of course for both sides equaly. Uniform variation in COD2 is great for instance (for all sides).

Oleg (not a Russian BTW :D )

Upvote 0