• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uniforms Discussion (Merged 18 times!!)

Guys don't act like other things posted in the suggestions are any more important than this or anything else posted there. Just because you don't give a crap doesn't mean the whole world feels the same way. And the devs aren't going to just drop what they're doing, like someone said, but you act as if they will and start work on this right away, which is very very unlikely.

Grow up. If you don't care or don't have anything constructive to say, don't even bother posting.

Now that that's out of the way, I agree with the OP's opinion on the sleeves, some of the uniform needs tweaking. But I mainly want to see a change to the uniforms the Germans have for winter maps, they should have winter camo like the Russians do. White helmets, white smocks, scarves, maybe some gloves, appropriate winter boots, and whatever else they had. Much like the guy in my sig hehe. Until then I think the Germans on StalingradKessel and Rakowice and the other winter maps feel quite cold.

Edit:

Example of a winter Heer tunic w/white helmet cover:

winteruniform7uy.jpg

Image from http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4677

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oi!Oi!Oi! said:
Red Orchestra is a very nice looking game, but why are the german sleeves so poorly designed?

The German sleeves in Red Orchestra look like those of a smock held at the wrist by an elastic, but the soldiers don't wear camouflage smock. They wear wool tunics, so the cuffs should look "straight". There's no reason for them to be shaped like bottle necks.

It might be just a detail to most people, but since this is in your face 50% of the time when you play, it's kind of annoying. Also Red Orchestra is supposed to be all about historical accuracy and realism. :)

Yes! Ive been pointing this out for awhile. I absolutely love the graphics of RO but this is just very poorly designed. Whereas most textures of RO are extremely sharp and detailed (as well as the models), the sleeve just looks very poor in comparison. Plus the fact that you have to stare through it to see the rest of the game dampens the visuals quite a bit.

In addition, the quality of the hand model/texture does not hold up to the exceptional job TW has done with the weapon models. Please fix this, as minor as you may think it is, the player always has to stare at it and it would add alot to the graphics of RO, maybe subconciously, but it would add alot.

Upvote 0