• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uniforms Discussion (Merged 18 times!!)

Well, i think i read somewhere that early war uniforms were of better quality and made out of better material. The material for the newer uniforms was a lot more coarse and uncomfortable

Exterior were the same with M43 and M44 as with M40 - M42 and M36 (with the expection that late war uniforms are more greyish than greenish), but interior was faked silk (dunno the correct term in english) instead of cotton as with M36, M40, M41 and M42 (and possibly some other jackets\models, like M38 and such other 'weird' crap, like Fliegerblouse). So I guess that could explain something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uniform camo is just camo, winter or summer, come on guys? As long as the use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis (quote from TWI) are not used it should be fine in game. You see it on Axis armor from stock RO vehicles, same analogy imo.

Might be quite farb for realism fans to have WSS camos and such while having Heer's collar tabs and such ;)

Upvote 0
German Camo

German Camo

Before you say it, yes I'm quite familiar with the Uniforms Discussion thread. And I know there are custom skins that can be downloaded. I'm just getting a tad worried that our German soldiers in-game will never get the camo they need (read: should have) on an official release. I suppose I'll make a final shout out for it, since I don't play as often as I used to, and of course it's been said Tripwire will be ending support for RO sometime in the near future.

For those unfamiliar with the original uniforms discusson:
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7724&highlight=uniform

Sure, there are skins you can download that were made by other people. But RO just doesn't feel "complete" without its own stock camoflage. IF and that's a big IF this somehow gets added in one last official release, for me the game will be finished. If nothing changes, well it's not game-breaking, but it's pretty disappointing.

Upvote 0
I'm sure it would be fairly simple to do, it's just a matter of getting it done. Whether the devs are worried about TK's or what I'm not sure. Whatever it is it's kept them from adding it so far, and I still can't see why other than some shaky excuses. IIRC like the one in the Uniforms Discussion thread about StalingradKessel and some other winter maps being too early in the war to justify German camo. Which isn't good enough for me at least.

Upvote 0
The chances that TWI is going to create new models and skins for player characters is probably...slim to...well, you should ask them. It is a time consuming process even for those "in the know".

But I do know for a fact that members of the community are still working on releasing new content, some of which is of a "professional" grade IMHO.

AfterHourz are preparing to break loose with a bunch of new toys: vehicles, weapons, maps, etc.

Many of the mods are preparing for public debut.

And I have a feeling that German camo outfits, including the winter M1942 reversible, may be in the works...;)

Upvote 0